Get a yob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a yob.

Does anybody here know how old you have to be in the US to get a shitty job? I really need to get money so I can fly more.

Pretty much 16...
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I worked at Burger King when I was 14. Pretty sure that was illegal.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
        I worked at Burger King when I was 14.

Comment

Depending on where you live, Publix might hire you as a bag boy.
          Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
            I worked at Burger King when I was 14. Pretty sure that was illegal.
            But you live in canadia. I'm sure the laws are atleast a little different there.

Comment

11 as a paper boy for 2 months... 13 I helped out at the fbo / skydive operation / aircraft mx facility for volunteer till i was 15. At 16 I was hired as an Airline Fueler at PVD for DL, US, NW, AA, CO, NK, WN, B6, UA, and all the regionals. I left that job after a little over a year, now I co-run an aerial photography business, I also do the aerial photography work for them. Im currently 18 now.

My job history. Not once have I taken a decrease in pay, always moving on up baby!
              Ryan Davis
              Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
              www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
                11 as a paper boy for 2 months... 13 I helped out at the fbo / skydive operation / aircraft mx facility for volunteer till i was 15. At 16 I was hired as an Airline Fueler at PVD for DL, US, NW, AA, CO, NK, WN, B6, UA, and all the regionals. I left that job after a little over a year, now I co-run an aerial photography business, I also do the aerial photography work for them. Im currently 18 now.

My job history. Not once have I taken a decrease in pay, always moving on up baby!
                But if you are a volunteer that means you don't get paid right?

Comment

In Ontario 14 is the minimum. They actually pay you less if you are under 16.

Comment

The title of this thread is a bit misleading...

yob (yŏb) pronunciation
                    n. Chiefly British Slang.

A rowdy, aggressive, or violent young man.

Comment

No. Spanish speaking people don't pronounce the j so it comes out like "yob". I like saying it like that.

Comment

Yes volunteer means not getting paid, however, look where it got me in the long run?

You manage to meet people and get connections that way.... when I started doing that at 13 I had no idea.... 5yrs later, the same guy I used to help, now hired me as a business partner, hired as a private contracter running his business with him and doing professional photography. By volunteering it looked good on my work record, I worked for 2yrs voluntarily, and it was a great learning experience. Thats how I got my job at PVD... heh
                        Ryan Davis
                        Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                        www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Start your own business! If you're looking for cheap flight hours, consider joining the Civil Air Patrol. www.cap.gov Excellent organization!

Comment

Originally posted by UsAir330
                            Depending on where you live, Publix might hire you as a bag boy.
                            Cheers,

you're better off flipping burgers.... Publix aint what it used to be, they have gotten worse over the years. I have friends that work there and they say the managers are horrible!!
                            In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

If you're so lazy that you can't even go to the trouble to find that info out on your own for your area, good luck to you at work.
                              Wayne Dippold

Comment

Working...
                              X