Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used Priceline.com?

Greetings:

I was wondering if any of you have ever used Priceline.com and what your experiences have been? Also how are they with last minute fares? I'm not sure I like the idea of not being able to pick my flight times before they charge me. Anyone with any stories to share I would appreciate it.

Has anyone used Priceline.com?

Well I guess nobody ever used Priceline.com so I decided to take a chance and use them. I'm going down to Philadelphia this weekend to visit my cousin and really didn't want to sit in traffic. Since it's holiday weekend I'm sure there's going to be a ton of traffic on the GSP not to mention Staten Island and the Belt. So I went to Priceline.com typed in a price of $80.00 round trip and it was accepted [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Everyone else I checked quoted me over $500.00 round trip from ISP. They put my on US Airways non-stop from ISP. So instead of 3 hours plus sitting in traffic I'll be there in an hour. Not to bad for last min. reservations!

Comment

Priceline is OK if you don't have time constraints. Other then that, they can be a pain in the a$$ and a NON REFUNDABLE one too. You got lucky with the non-stop, they could have always have booked you on some really weird rout. (Like ISP-ORD-PHL) [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[ January 15, 2003 10:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SST2707 ]

Comment

Good Deal!

Me and my mom purchased tickets off Priceline for a trip from CLT-YEG it was last minute to attend a funeral..
        Price was like $200.00ish which was really good, it was CLT-YYZ-YEG on Air Canada. Then I used it for a flight to RIC to visit my sister, also a great deal.
        Like SST said if you don't need to levae a certain time its good. I've always been real happy with them as long as they don't stick me on Aeroflop! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] PRICELINE!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

caveat emptor!!!

Very good and very bad. These are what are called ‘opaque’ fares – similar to Hotwire.
          But, I’ve seen some wild fares!

The rules are:

Non-refundable,
          Non-changeable,
          Non-transferable,
          Non-upgradeable,
          Not good for standby,
          No FF miles, etc, etc…the list goes on and on.

Most airlines wont budge on this. On our Eagle LGA-PWM flight once we had to take pax and bags off due to weight restrictions. We joked ‘Who has a Priceline ticket’???

During my days at the Double A, I had many a customer who was burned by Priceline.
          So, buyer beware!
          [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
          JR FlyingTexan

Comment

Flying Texan. No kidding. Plus they want your credit card number up front. [img]laff.gif[/img]

Comment

FlyingTexan:

That's to be expected. It really amazes me how some people want to pay $220 for a transcontinental round trip and expect all the same perks that the guy who paid $500 gets. Priceline.com does what its supposed to do, gets you there CHEAPLY and YOUR designated price. Hell, most regular coach fares are Non-refundable, Non-changeable, Non-transferable,
              & Non-upgradeable, so I really don't see what the problem was. You get what you paid for.

Comment

my dad got a 118 dollars round trip on TWA courtesy of priceline.com from STL-MCO(when TWA was flying at the time) and when he looked on TWA website, the exact same flight and flight number had him booked for 300 dollars!

Comment

About a year and a half ago, I was planning on driving to Baltimore from Atlanta with my wife and then 4 year old son for my grandmother's 90th birthday party. Last minute, my wife couldn't make the trip. Can't miss the party (probably not many left), and not willing to drive 600 miles with a 4 year old, it was time to call the airlines. Delta $600 bucks each, USAir - same, everyone else, a few bucks more. Ouch. OK, time to try Priceline, I bid $105 each, (I didn't just dream up the fare, it was the lowest published fare with 87 restrictions attached), and they accepted.

We were booked on Northwest via Memphis on the way out and Detroit on the way back. A bit out of the way, but saving a thousand bucks it was well worth it.

I must say that not many times I've travelled, have I been so flexible in my plans that priceline would work for me. But in this case, I was happy as a clam

Comment

"BUST A MOVE".

Comment

Working...
                    X