Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mungous
    I'm never investing in a game console. You get less than 75% the processing speed of a decent computer and about half the detail, and it looks like its always going to be that way
    Amen.

Gaming consoles don't even come close when compared to a PC, and that's only comparing graphics.

Found this at howstuffworks incase anyone's interested;
    For the Xbox 360, Microsoft rebuilt the system and console from the ground up. From the name to the look to hardware and features, the Xbox 360 is a radically different and more powerful machine than its predecessor.

Comment

Thought so too but consoles are a lot of fun anyway!
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

oddly enough, the stores in toronto that has the 360 sold out 20min after opening.

Comment

I'm never investing in a game console. You get less than 75% the processing speed of a decent computer and about half the detail, and it looks like its always going to be that way
          You mean like the dual Pentium 4 processers that the XBOX 360 has? Along with HDTV.

How is a PSP better then an XBOX 360, you cant even compare the two, one is a little portable game thing, the 360 is a full size gaming machine that can do a heck of a lot more then a Play Station Portable

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
            You mean like the dual Pentium 4 processers that the XBOX 360 has? Along with HDTV.
            Dual custom PowerPC chips at 3.32 GHZ each.. with three cores each...no games do the multi-thread thing yet, but when they can, that'll be pretty smooth!

It appears the current Xbox 360 games are region free...It'd be cool if they remained that way.

Well, after 55 hours of pain, cold, and suffering, we have got our Xbox 360 and successfully smashed it outside Best Buy minutes later, with a large sledgehammer in front of a few Xbox Fanboys who just bought brand new 360s. Short video clip will be posted tomorrow (23rd) and the longer documentary style one will be posted with the next few days. For now, enjoy these pictures!

Too bad theres no pictures of said "fan boys", that would have been funny, though a waste..

Smash my Xbox

Comment

They're custom made IBM actually

Xbox + HDTV = $1500+

I guess though you have to know what you're doing to build and configure your PC to a high standard, whereas anyone can plug in an Xbox or PS. But for FPS games like Battlefield 2 I'd much prefer a mouse than an analog stick.

Comment

Either way, its obvious that those Smash my XBOX guys are playstation fans since they also have the revolution on there, too bad they have a Windows PC, and XBOX beats the crap out of anything that Playstation or Nintendo make.

Comment

All consoles have pluses and minuses. They're all good depending where your prefrences are.

Nintendos Gamecube probably has the best raw graphics power of the three..yet it's so under utilized. Resident Evil games can't be beat on GCN

Those "Smash" guys didn't show anything good though....I'd love to see the die hard xbox fans reaction to it. If apple fans will send death threats over a mangled computer case, this one could have been fun

Xbox + HDTV = $1500+
                  My PC was more than that Much more if you include the monitor :/

I guess though you have to know what you're doing to build and configure your PC to a high standard, whereas anyone can plug in an Xbox or PS. But for FPS games like Battlefield 2 I'd much prefer a mouse than an analog stick.
                  You can get those for consoles as well. A friend of mine has a mouse and keyboard he uses on his Xbox in Halo2. It's quite amusing to hear how many times he's accused of "cheating". Accuracy in shooting alone is 100% better than a controller. I don't have anywhere to put a keyboard and mouse though, or I'd do it too. I'm tired of getting slapped around in Halo!

Comment

Either way, its obvious that those Smash my XBOX guys are playstation fans since they also have the revolution on there, too bad they have a Windows PC, and XBOX beats the crap out of anything that Playstation or Nintendo make.
                    They also have smashmyPS3.com up there, although it's a dead link as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                      They also have smashmyPS3.com up there, although it's a dead link as of now.
                      Smash my iPod and Smash my Revolution as well. They're hitting up all the popular stuff.

Comment

I dunno, the PS3 looks pretty good. In fact I think its specs are almost identical to the Xbox. I'd go with the PS3 only because of the games and controller style. By the way, Sony make PlayStation

Comment

All I have to say is that the 360 made alot of people rich. A couple frinds of mine pooled their payschecks, got their hands on 8 (through preordering and actually paying off dumb people for theirs...) then went to Ebay and sold them for a sh*t load of money. They bought each at aabout $400/unit and sold the cheepest at $1055 on Ebay. They sold all and but 2 and made a hell-of-a-lot in the process.
                          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I dunno, the PS3 looks pretty good. In fact I think its specs are almost identical to the Xbox. I'd go with the PS3 only because of the games and controller style. By the way, Sony make PlayStation

I think you are the first person to actually like the Boomerang that sony is putting on the playstation, but Nintendo's is far worse. I found that playstation doesnt really have too many games that are now no longer availible for XBOX, I also like the fact that XBOX live is well organized and run.

Comment

Working...
                            X