American soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American soup

Just a stupid question. We Belgians like soup, and we have really good soup that should desverve to be as famous as our chocolate and fries. Now, next month I'll be visiting the States. How's the soup culture over there? I've heard that clam chowder would be a local speciality? And for the rest?

Grtz,

Nicki
    My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Campbells soup is always a great soup... (?)

DeltaASA16

Comment

Go for the "Pepper Pot" variant of Campbell's especially......that's some good stuff, all spicy, but not as common!

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
        The soup in the US is really crap

I bin there and its too watery, I enjoy a nice pea and ham soup, yumm

Chunks of ham shank with full fat mushy peas! YUMMY!
        You're British, you dont have a say on anything culinary, now shutup about your ham and pea soup rubbish! Americans make terriffic soup as do the French!

-Clovis

Comment

Und who does you fink inbented you're beloved Kebab eh?

Respect to da Pakis

-CLovis

Comment

Have some Crabcakes. Oh wait...thery aren't a soup. But they are good.

Comment

I say some tribute be also directed east to Asia. South, Southeast, and East. Damn good cuisisne! Yum yum!

Comment

I say some tribute be also directed east to Asia. South, Southeast, and East. Damn good cuisisne! Yum yum!

Comment

Hmm.. soup discussions ... I've always wondered if "Gumbo" was soup? WTH is it?

ADG
                  ADG
                  No makeovers please .....

Comment

I have two things to say:

Maryland Crab Chowder

New England Clam Chowder

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And in a bread bowl...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
                    AIRIGAMI.NET
                    http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

A big bowl of New England clam chowder from Legal Seafood is a party in your mouth. Otherwise soup is soup and now that I come to think about it most restaurants soup is pretty watered down.

Comment

Und who does you fink inbented you're beloved Kebab eh?

Respect to da Pakis
                        And Indies as well!
                        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Ok, now explain "chowder" to me ... is it chillied/curried? anyone have any recipies?

I love Laksa .. nice chilli/curry Asian soup with noodles & your choice of meat product .. excellent ...

ADG
                          Aussie's all let us rejoice, one day we'll learn the words ... )
                          ADG
                          No makeovers please .....

Comment

Chowder is probably the best thing over here, and if you are in the deep south I have to recommend Seafood Gumbo.

Other than that, I would recommend the steak here...I couldnt imagine living on the kind of meat you guys do in Europe. Its absolutely awful. Whenever I return from Europe you can bet that I'm ordering a nice Sirloin.
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1142

Comment

If you are visiting NY, there is a great chain called DAILY SOUP. Try out their soups as they change everyday. You can sample them too in lil cups

If in Baltimore, go to Hamptons Restaurant on Light Street, which serves a lobster Bisque that is extraordinary. This was rated in the top 5 of all restaurants in the US recently.

Generally, I think our best soups are New England Clam, Chicken Pot Pie and turkey soup(found in most diners on Long Island on Sunday night.)

Now, if you come over, my mom amkes this Awesome stew with butternut squash, potatoes beef carrots, awww, man, I am just salivating, gotta go!
                              Witness the miracle of flight.
                              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                              X