Beckham goes to Real Madrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckham goes to Real Madrid

Haven't been posting for a while as things have been hectic (sorry Dale, I'll get back to you tonight! E-mail was down.)

But here is an interesting development in the Beckham saga:

MADRID, Spain (AP) -- English soccer star David Beckham reportedly has agreed to a four-year contract with Real Madrid.

Spanish radio network Cadena Ser reported Tuesday that the England captain and midfielder for Manchester United will get a $29 million deal. Beckham will be at a news conference in Madrid on July 2, Cadena Ser said.

Beckham left England on Tuesday for a promotional tour of Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand. He refused to answer questions about his future before boarding an airplane in London.

The 13-year veteran with Premier League champion Manchester United has feuded with team manager Sir Alex Ferguson. He appeared headed to Barcelona, Real Madrid's archrival, when Joan Laporta announced he reached a deal with United to transfer Beckham -- if Laporta was elected Barcelona team president. That reportedly was a $30 million deal.

But Beckham balked at joining Barcelona -- or leaving Manchester at all.

Real, nine-time winner of the European Cup, already has several high-priced stars, including Brazil's Ronaldo, France's Zinedine Zidane, Portugal's Luis Figo and Spain's Raul Gonzalez.

Beckham is as much a cultural icon in Britain as he is a soccer player.

His ever-evolving haircuts are mimicked by many a teenager, and his jet-set lifestyle with wife Victoria, a former Spice Girl, the envy of many more.

He better practice his Spanish...

-Clovis

Comment

Those spanish guys are crazy.
      They don't need another superstar.
      This is just waste of money.
      Andy

Comment

I think I have a head start Kev

-Clovis

Comment

I think Beckham has a better chance of getting what he wants though :P
          I walked across an empty land
          I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
          I felt the earth beneath my feet
          Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

He already got 8.8 million up front what more could he possibly want? A new Spice Girl to screw on the weekends??!

-Clovis

Comment

"But...In an ideal world.. (and no disrespect to your bitch) .. but in an ideal world...wouldnt you rahver be wit Baby?"

-Clovis

Comment

Re: Beckham goes to Real Madrid

Originally posted by iceman
                Haven't been posting for a while as things have been hectic (sorry Dale, I'll get back to you tonight! E-mail was down.)
                I've missed you, "iceman".

Comment

I swear, I've seen alot of avatar/username combos...but iceman wins hands down

-Clovis

Comment

Working...
                  X