You will love this image...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crism
    Who wants to take a guess at the airport down there!
    How about "replies 4 and 5"?

Comment

That's how I will calculate the altitude:
      U take the real 1 m on the space shuttle and measure how much is it on the picture. Then u take real 1 m on the runway and measure it on the pictures (almost unreal). U calculate the ratio (scale) and that will give you the altitude. However it is not that accurate. U don't know the distance between the camera and the shuttle which also matters. But who has that much time ??? I still have to finish my trigonometry homework (gee 20 questions)

Comment

To the left of the shuttle, would you guys say that's a contrail?
        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Im not even going to say what airport i thought this was.

Thats a really cool picture though.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
            To the left of the shuttle, would you guys say that's a contrail?
            I think both are, the thin one being slightly higher than the already faded fat contrail on the far left side. but i might be wrong though. .:rolleyes:
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Those are no contrails, they are secret-kept chemtrails, and we will all be eliminated now that we've seen them

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                Those are no contrails, they are secret-kept chemtrails, and we will all be eliminated now that we've seen them
                lol wimp, hiding behind a woodpole ..
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Glad ya'll liked the pic. I think it is a very, very cool picture...would love to have that blown up into a really big poster!

As for the altitude, my guess would be 120+ miles up. I may be wrong BUT I am referring to the docking altitude with the space station since the bay doors are open. Can anyone clarify? Yes, I am lazy tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                    That's how I will calculate the altitude:
                    U take the real 1 m on the space shuttle and measure how much is it on the picture. Then u take real 1 m on the runway and measure it on the pictures (almost unreal). U calculate the ratio (scale) and that will give you the altitude. However it is not that accurate. U don't know the distance between the camera and the shuttle which also matters. But who has that much time ???
                    You're right. You'd need to know how far the camera is away from the shuttle. An that's only possible, if NASA tells us how far away it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X