This place is dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This place is dead.

Just me and Borut, and I think he's just a lurker.

That's all.

Yep. It's probably due to all the timezones

Comment

Originally posted by Mungous
      Yep. It's probably due to all the timezones

Oh yeah for sure, I know it's around 4am in the States now.

There are 92 pages of Jetphoto members, which comes to around 2760 individual members. Of those only around 30-40 post regularly, or only 1.4% of the total member list. Imagine how much more dynamic the boards would be with just 5% regular member participation.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
        .............................. Imagine how much more dynamic the boards would be with just 5% regular member participation.
        Well you need to bite the bullet and start some shock value topics......such as "what colour jocks are you wearing today","do you dress to the left or the right","did you wake up with a rajah this morning",or even "are all Kiwis wonkers"
        My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
          Well you need to bite the bullet and start some shock value topics......such as "what colour jocks are you wearing today","do you dress to the left or the right","did you wake up with a rajah this morning",or even "are all Kiwis wonkers"

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. You put a thread up that's a little spicy and the mod's close the party down quicker than you can say "where the f#$k's my thread at?".

One must reside to posting threads with themes suitable for upper-class pioneer English tea parties.

At the end of the day though this site needs to be suitable for children because of the no age restriction. For what it's worth though if this site went R18 (never would) I would be the star thread maker.

Comment

This site has an age restriction: You have to be at least 13 years old to join, and when you consider the language that 13-year olds already use, I don't think it would cause problems to post R-rated content on here .
            But anyway, yes, this place can be a bit dead, and honestly, I can't keep this forum active all by myself, although I am doing the best . It's also that quite a few regular members seem to have gone (FlyCHS, babypurin), while others are basicallly limited to 5 posts per month (Clovis).

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              I don't think it would cause problems to post R-rated content on here .
              Well I posted a picture of a clothed lady with a whip in the aviation discussion forum (somehow it related to aviation, I can't remember exactly how though), someone didn't take a liking to it, it was removed shortly after. I'm walking on egg-shells sometimes round these parts.

Comment

I remember that around 3 weeks ago, I passed by jetphotos forums, and I saw nobody was online at all except me, well I was rather quick also being online in the forums, as it felt like it was closed. .You might think that it is dead now, but we both and borat, borut, whatever the lurker's name was, were just online where everybody was either at work, busy with something, or sleeping. Hahaha
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                  For what it's worth though if this site went R18 (never would) I would be the star thread maker.
                  I'm sure you would.

Cheers.
                  TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                    ................................... while others are basicallly limited to 5 posts per month (Clovis).
                    I don't understand..

Comment

Maybe they should "cull" those people who have not posted in a year or so!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
                        I don't understand..
                        He's talking about people who dont post much anymore. They haven't been limited by anyone (that I'm aware of), they're just not as interested.

Comment

I need to get out more.. lol..

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          He's talking about people who dont post much anymore. They haven't been limited by anyone (that I'm aware of), they're just not as interested.
                          If you ask me, I wouldnt know what to say if you asked me why I keep returning to the forums, every single day ? :rolleyes:
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Thanks emu thought as much.
                            Originally posted by MaxPower
                            If you ask me, I wouldnt know what to say if you asked me why I keep returning to the forums, every single day ? :rolleyes:
                            Yep we are quite speechless too

Anyway bit of action for you in the photography forum!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                              Because you have nothing else to do with your life .

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                              They haven't been limited by anyone (that I'm aware of)
                              Are you again ignoring the machine gun pointed at your PC that I installed there to limit your posts ?

Comment

Working...
                              X