No announcement yet.

Mozilla Firefox 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it. I'm not really all that impressed. I don't see too much of a difference between the new one and the old.

Comment

Installed it now as well, works perfect and seems to load pages faster than 1.0.7. I had to de-install 1.0.7. first before installing 1.5. correctly. That does the trick.

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
        Installed it now as well, works perfect and seems to load pages faster than 1.0.7. I had to de-install 1.0.7. first before installing 1.5. correctly. That does the trick.
        Dohhhhh.... What I did was that I downloaded the 1.5, and was under impression that it would override the 1.0.7 .. But I guessed it didnt. Funny.. Yeah I know... Thanks Gerardo.. I'll do the same what you did !!

@ Voss, was it africaan anyway.?. looks like belgish sort of to me !!

@ Brandon, Thanks for your links... I'll try wioth 1.5 instead.. now that Gerardo sorted it out.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I installed 1.5 and really liked it. But it is a PIG on resources. IE runs at about 35 mb, while FF sucks up 155 mb +...what's up with that?!?!?!!? Back to IE for me!
          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Isnt anyone using Opera ? Or is it also a Mozilla OS ??
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I dont use IE6 and Mozilla because I am using Maxthon all the times.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                Isnt anyone using Opera ? Or is it also a Mozilla OS ??
                Trouble with Opera is lack of plugins/extensions and limited ability to fully customise toolbars as in Firefox.For a heavy workload I use Opera as Firefox self-destructs after a while,as others have indicated.
                Still need IE for some sites,so a couple of hours at the computer is like musical chairs.
                My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

My FF 1.5 runs on 20.6 MB (WinXP). Don't know, what you're doing wrong...

At the office I have also Maxthon installed.

Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I used IE religiously for 5 years before switching to AvantBrowser www.avantbrowser.com. It worked like a charm, but it was this strange in-between IE and FF sorta browser. Then last month I downloaded FF because KLM.com didn't work with IE6 or AvantBrowser, and I love FF! I immediately got rid of all my IE and AB icons. Ah, joy!

Comment

Been using FF for quite some time now, and I'm still very happy with it. Though I still have IE, as that appears to be the only browser in which Yahoo Launch works.

Comment

I'm proud to say I have used Firefox at least since they came out with version 0.8 (That was before all of this hype with Mozilla :P ) Before that, I used Netscape 4.7, then 6. I never really trusted IE from the beginning lol.

Comment

Apart from Firefox, I do have Opera but I rarely use it. The main reason for switching away from IE was its embedded-ness in the operating system; crash IE and you crash explorer.exe running in the background. That simply doesn't happen with Firefox.

Now that you can even run Microsoft Update with Firefox and IE Tab there's hardly any reason for IE anymore. One thing in Opera that I miss in Firefox is the trash can, it allows you to re-open tabs you've accidentally closed. Is there an extension? I haven't been able to find one.

Comment

Working...
                          X