X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our world will look like...

50 million years ahead

150 million years ahead

250 million years ahead ("Pangea Ultima")

It's just a prediction anyway.

Soure: www.scotese.com. Images by Christopher Scotese.
    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

That's gonna be a lot of huge earthquakes.

Comment

I wonder where hawaii is in all of this...if flights there take even longer, I'm gonna be pissed

before somebody says something, yes I will be around in 250 mil years...cause I'm special

Comment

Oh no, Mediterranean will become a mountain range!!! I'll miss beautiful coast...oh well, we'll let the generations then worry about it.

Interesting, I thought the Atlantic is spreading and the Americas might be converging towards Asia over the Pacific.
        Does this mean that the planet might eventually go back to how it looks in the beginning (Pangea)? (some cyclic motion?)

Comment

Originally posted by HKG-YUL
          Does this mean that the planet might eventually go back to how it looks in the beginning (Pangea)? (some cyclic motion?)
          Yes, there's not only Pangea. There is Rodinia, Ur (the first continent, smaller than Australia), Gondwana, Pannotia, Columbia (supercontinent), Kenorland and Laurasia.

Comment

Originally posted by fjki98
            Yes, there's not only Pangea. There is Rodinia, Ur (the first continent, smaller than Australia), Gondwana, Pannotia, Columbia (supercontinent) and Laurasia.
            I know a few of them, but didn't know there's actually so many more different ones. Thanks for pointing it out.

I wonder if there'll still be any living beings by then? Maybe humans will become the "prehistoric" animals that dinosaurs are for us today.

Comment

Originally posted by HKG-YUL

I wonder if there'll still be any living beings by then? Maybe humans will become the "prehistoric" animals that dinosaurs are for us today.
              and emus will roam the earth

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                Going by your avatar i'm not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  Not the one in your avatar.

EDIT: I just saw Messerschmitt Man mentioned the avatar before I did. Damn.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

As with the emu in the avatar, the emu on Jetphotos just got owned

Comment

Thats some crazy predictions, I cant even imagine how I look in 50mil years from now, Maybe I resurrect as a turtle, Emu's resurrect as well emus !

Environment
                      How will our environment be, we're talking about the air pollution, the sea was were predicted to rise about 60 metre if all the ice around the world melted, but after when it turn into the pangea, the super continental is compact, thus the water will go below the "above waterline" since the the compact earth. is less then todays earth, right ? Continueing to: water gets below, evertything gets drawn to the centre, islands pop ups around the world since the water is below the level. ?

Man and woman:
                      I believe it will never be the same again, The sun is getting closer, thus everything will change, the hotter it gets, the more we have to change too to deal/survive to be able to live under these hotter enviroment.

I have read at National Geographic a couple of months ago, and it said our skin will change to cope the hot air, as the sun gets closer, thus we will get this hardened/thoughened solid skin, I dont want to imagine what that looks like !

Future:
                      Im not even sure that we will experience this happen, I mean not me nor am I talking about you, but our future family. By time time this happen, we will be billions of lightyears away from this earth, in our new Earth, Exploring the Space and see what's there as an alternative is something we will succeed in.

We'll find a better and bigger earth for the mankind to live in. You guys have heard about this right.. ???

That was a little bit of my 2 cents! That'll be all !
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

In 50 millions years we will be fighting the Empire in X-wings.
                        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

well according to that we all have 250 million years to learn how to get along with every culture.

Originally posted by Cameron
                          In 50 millions years we will be fighting the Empire in X-wings.
                          we'll still be in iraq too.... lol j/k
                          In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

I doubt there will even be pollution in 50 million years. Hate to break it to you, but the human race probably isn't going to last that long.

Comment

We've been here for only 1+ million years. And the Atlantic is widening. The predictions is based on current continental movements.

Comment

Working...
                              X