No announcement yet.

BEHAVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with 12 year olds that are mature and who can carry on a "conversation" in an adult manner but these 12-16 year olds here with their immaturity is annoying and that's what Amy's thread was about. She said this is an adult forum or at least was before all the immature children took over, and I think that's the thread where those comments were made and it just helped make Amy's point actually
    I'd like to see some examples of supposed immature threads or posts before all these threads on sex/"adult themes" came along.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
      I have no problem with 12 year olds that are mature and who can carry on a "conversation" in an adult manner but these 12-16 year olds here with their immaturity is annoying and that's what Amy's thread was about. She said this is an adult forum or at least was before all the immature children took over, and I think that's the thread where those comments were made and it just helped make Amy's point actually
      I'd like to see some examples of supposed immature threads or posts before all these threads on sex/"adult themes" came along.

It was the constant bickering amongst some of the younger posters and their very negative reactions to posts which were really just based on humor they didn't "get". These posters were insulting other members and the moderators in a pretty direct way (not to mention cursing at us as well).

As for the sex/adult themes...Chris and I watch those closely...and if they get out of hand then we lock them out or step in accordingly. But, again, this is the Off Topic forum and these sorts of subjects aren't completely off limits here providing they stay within certain boundaries.

As someone else pointed out...if you would like to talk about something different then feel free to start another thread and encourage other people to join in.

Comment

I just haven't posted since the gang of 12 year olds took over with threads like "Do you kiss your girlfriend?
        First time I'm hearing of that thread.

Also, let me get a few facts straight.

The "gang of 12 year olds".

Greg Dewey = 17

Joe Brownlee = 14

Richard Allen = 17

Me = 17

Will Fang and Cory Klimko = 15 (i think)

Scott Kiel, Paul Leach = both above 12 (I don't know exactly how old they are)

And finally the piece-de-resistance,

Melted pixel (i dunno his real name) = 12: he is maturity personified.

So you see, age really has nothing to do with it.

It's cause and effect. All you people are focusing on is the effect. Try looking at the cause.
        Im 15.

Comment

Ever wondered what caused him to say that?

Indian...

Here-in lies the problem: What "caused" him to say that? Like he had no bodily control over his cursing and insult skills? No one "causes" someone to do something. They make the decision to do it and they do. Reactions are *choices*.

There are times when I might like to curse someone out, but I do have, yes, the maturity not to.

If he wanted to PM me to disagree with me...fine. Absolutely...I'm open to criticism and suggestions. But writing me with filth shows complete lack of IMmaturity and did nothing for his case that he, and others, were infact *mature* after all.

Comment

He jsust didnt want to be apart of these forums anymore so he just wanted to go off with a bang leaving this mess behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
              He jsust didnt want to be apart of these forums anymore so he just wanted to go off with a bang leaving this mess behind him.
              Right - and do you think leaving in that way is a mature way to "end" his tenure here? I think that's the point. You either step up, or you don't.

That being said, I'm off to Hooters for lunch with my co-workers. Oh Joy!

Comment

Can i come?

Comment

[quote="indian airlines"]
                  You seem to forget this is an adult forum, adults aren't gonna have the same things in common as 12-16 year olds do. So most likely the younger ones won't "get" the adult humor and that's why there is no one under 18 at AD or at least not to my knowledge. But the remarks made by some of you guys were pretty immature and it includes those made to Amy, and like Melissa said leaving with a "bang" is pretty immature and those are the kinds of people JP probably doesn't want around anyway.
                  "You can run but you'll die tired."
                  Semper Fidelis
                  United States Marine Corp !

Comment

As someone who is at least twice as old as many of you and probably three times as old as some here I find much of what goes on quite childish and really not fitting for a forum of this sort.

If you want to play with kiddies go to the cartoon network site or something, but if you want to talk aviation then stay here and talk aviation ..

This is the off topic forum but that doesn't mean we should put up with the whinging and carrying on that goes on. If the behaviour of some continues to spoil the forums they will end up ruining them for everyone.

ADG
                    ADG
                    No makeovers please .....

Comment

Have all the adult topics you want - include all the adult humour you want. Some of us even get the humour. But like I said before, if the humour turns into sarcastic jabbing, then it just becomes nasty.

The reason I am not posting any new topics, like I already said before, is because they all will someway or the other lead into "adult" themes.

Ceosea757 wante to leave with a bang. Agreed. But why would he want to leave? He liked this site as much as you or I do. Obviously something happened that made him want to leave - And in my eyes that something is as immature as the PM he sent Amy.

No joke should be continued beyond the pint where it is harmless and friendly. But here, some jokes go on for so long that they start offending people whi then get upset and do the things that were recently done.

Just one last point. If this kind of adult humour is wholeheartedly appreciated at AD, but not fully appreciated here, then why not just keep it within AD. Don't bring it here when you know that some people will not like it. Discuss it all you want at AD. Nobody's stopping you there.

By kicking out most of the "kids" on this forum, it is becoming almost an exact replica of AD. And while some of you may think that is good, others do not.

Kids won't stay kids - they may be 16 today, 3 years on, they'll be 19.

If you people from AD did not like the "kiddish" topics that were going on around here, why did you people come to these forums? You were having fun at AD. You should have kept it there.
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

I see someone is taking the whole internet forum thing a little bit too seriously. Go hang out with your non-virtual friends.
                        "You can run but you'll die tired."
                        Semper Fidelis
                        United States Marine Corp !

Comment

I think he was frustrated with the banning of Will and Cory. But hell, im good friends with them too but they did deserve what they got.

Comment

I see someone is taking the whole internet forum thing a little bit too seriously
                            It's funny once, maybe twice, 3 times..........it just fades away.
                            That answers that.
                            I don't see any humour at all in making fun of somebody to the point that it becomes nasty, be it in the virtual world or real world.

I think he was frustrated with the banning of Will and Cory. But hell, im good friends with them too but they did deserve what they got.
                            I'm not frustrated over the banning of Will and Cory. Yes, they deserved what they got, they should not have said the things they said, but they did not deserve the things that caused them to say the things they said. Once again, cause and effect.

Too rite
                            Look above.

Comment

I'm not frustrated over the banning of Will and Cory. Yes, they deserved what they got, they should not have said the things they said, but they did not deserve the things that caused them to say the things they said. Once again, cause and effect.

Heard of taking responsibility for ones own actions? Dont try and blame the rest of us for them being unable to control themselves.
                              I walked across an empty land
                              I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                              I felt the earth beneath my feet
                              Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

If somebody walks up to you, and lghtly calls you dumb or something else, you may dismiss it as just another light moment. If it happens twice, fine, three times, you may start to think something, but nevertheless dismiss it. If it goes on and on everyday, and turns into words such as "dumbass", and "brainless twit" etc, wouldn't you be inclined to say or do something to make him stop?

Once again, action and reaction, cause and effect, whatever you want to call it.

And I never justified what any of them said. All I said was look at what made them say such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X