Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I worship Southwest Airlines so much that I.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I worship Southwest Airlines so much that I.....

decided to do the same thing that happened last night

I was turning onto my road off of the highway. Snow is all over my road. My road is kind of slanted, and I felt myself slowly going backwards. I have absolutely no treads on my tires. So I gunned the gas pedal to hurry it up the hill, then once I got over I hit the brakes just once to reduce the speed quickly. When I had hit the brakes, I started skidding. I went sideways and the back end fishtailed and slammed into the pole that was sitting off the ground. I slammed the brakes again and came to a complete stop off the road. I thought oh crap, this is wonderful. I had to get back on the road, but if I went backwards I'd keep on scraping the car, but if I went forward, same thing. So wincing, I hit the gas pedal to keep going forward and heard the scraping against the car. ooouuuuccchh .

Here, you can see the scratches on the bottom, where I kept on going forward.

Another close up of the dents, and scratches.

So after talking to mom and dad,
    my mother said "boy you must really worship SWA, you follow them every day"

Me"huh what do you mean?"

Mom- "Well Southwest goes off the runwya in the snow last night, and I guess you felt you needed to do the same thing with your own car!"

Me- " Oh ya mom, thats why I worhsip SWA, I do everything they do!"

So ya thats what you get for driving in the snow

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Well I'm sorry to hear you got that huge scratch. The roads don't get plowed around my house, so on my drive home from school yesterday i usually go about 50mph down the rural road towards my house, but the snow combined with the slickness of the roads and the blowing snow I went about 5-10mph the entire way to prevent slipping out of control, so my usual 30 minute drive home turned into about a two hour drive.

That is pretty funny though, not that you dented your car, but that you "worship Southwest Airlines"

You would not of gotten that if you didn't drive a Ford Wait, I drive a Ford too Just kidding. I swear, like I told you online, it looks like you are wearing a cowboy hat in the first picture.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

That sucks man. Are you going to get it fixed or are you just going to live with it?
      ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
        That sucks man. Are you going to get it fixed or are you just going to live with it?
        Fix it, estimation right now is $1300 to fix. The problem is do we want to claim it? or try to fix it on our own. Will be talking to the insurance folks in a couple of days to get an estimate.

Alex

Comment

Dang man sorry to hear! We got about 6in up here today. I went driving in it this morning and it was pretty bad.

Comment

Speechless........

Comment

Did they not teach you that you're not supposed to slam on your brakes? Here in my town our stop signs basically weren't there anymore because no one could stop. My town is all hills and anyone in the Cincinnati area can attest to that. Pump your brakes! Don't slam on them!
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Try to use a motorbrake, but not a brake.
                [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

that sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                    Did they not teach you that you're not supposed to slam on your brakes? Here in my town our stop signs basically weren't there anymore because no one could stop. My town is all hills and anyone in the Cincinnati area can attest to that. Pump your brakes! Don't slam on them!
                    I didn't slam it, I hit it once to quickly reduce my speed to get back to normal driving speed, and when that happened, i went off the road. I have aboslutely NO traction on my tires which is why I went off the road.

Alex

Comment

That's too bad. I hope that you can get it fixed for a reasonable price. I know how it feels to drive on ice, though, as I crashed during an ice storm a year ago. I was going downhill towards an intersection and did not know that there was ice on the road. I tried to brake but kept sliding downhill, so I turned the wheel with the hopes that I would avoid hitting anything. I had no such luck, kept sliding sideways and eventually crashed sideways into a car that was waiting at the red light. Thankfully, no one was hurt. Still, it taught me a lesson and it looks like you learned the same thing when this happened!
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
                        I didn't slam it, I hit it once to quickly reduce my speed to get back to normal driving speed, and when that happened, i went off the road. I have aboslutely NO traction on my tires which is why I went off the road.

Alex
                        Remember to put the chains.
                        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I love slamming on my brakes in the snow. Espically when i'm on a wide road with nobody around doing about 45, cut the wheel hard as you slam on the brakes, fun as hell, and I never really loose control over the car.

Comment

Ok Alex, I hate to say it but it's an obsession....it's got to stop!!! lol....glad to here that you hit and pole and not someone else, and glad you're alright!! (That's why I'm glad it doesn't snow here on in DAB!!)
                            *~*Jess*~*
                            ERAU-DAB

Comment

you noob. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X