Stanley "TOOKIE" Williams to die tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley "TOOKIE" Williams to die tonight

Well it just came over the wire that the Govenator denied his clemency plea..... anyone have an article... here is the one that I have

O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Originally posted by flyingbosshog
    Well it just came over the wire that the Govenator denied his clemency plea..... anyone have an article... here is the one that I have

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/12/wi...ion/index.html
    According to the article, he was sentenced to death in 1981. What took so long to make this decision?

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
      According to the article, he was sentenced to death in 1981. What took so long to make this decision?

Here in the US there is ample time given to those on death row. It is time for them to go through a series of appeals that can go as far as asking clemency from the President in federal cases if memory serves me right. In this case it was a state case so it could go as high as the GOVENATOR...... Yet another way that the legal system creates room for clutter in most cases. It is very sad as those who in my humble opinion deserve to have their execution stayed hardly ever get it.... case and point Stanley Tookie Williams who has seemed to turn his life around and is out for the better now.
      O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Well, I am not really for Capital Punishment. I think 90% of the people would go crazy anyway in jail for life. I hope something happens here cause I have read one of this guys books. Touching IMO, really touching.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
          Well, I am not really for Capital Punishment. I think 90% of the people would go crazy anyway in jail for life. I hope something happens here cause I have read one of this guys books. Touching IMO, really touching.
          I am for capital punishment for those people who do horrible things and then refuse to even consider repenting for them.... like Tim McVeigh types...

Comment

Yea, killing Tookie makes a lot of sense. I mean, the four people he killed will just come back to life the second they hit the needle!

What was that bit about compassion again?

Life in prison would definitely drive anyone mad, especially in solitary confinement. Think about it- dying would be the best thing that could happen to you if you realized you'd spend the next three decades by yourself.

Comment

I am for capital punishment for those people who do horrible things and then refuse to even consider repenting for them.... like Tim McVeigh types...
              I agree with that. It should only be for people who pose danger to society. From what I understand, "Tookie" is no longer one of them. He should at least get some credit for what he has done to try to make up for what he has done.

Comment

case and point Stanley Tookie Williams who has seemed to turn his life around and is out for the better now.
                If he is infact so anti-gang now, why won't he give information about the Crips that the prosecutors want?
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                  I have read one of this guys books. Touching IMO, really touching.
                  I haven't read any of the books, but Redemption was pretty good.

Comment

Its good he changed for the better, but murder is murder.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

My beliefs-

Capitol punishment is OK for: Terrorists and killers of 4 or more people...

Other than that, they should stick to prison time.
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

It is very sad as those who in my humble opinion deserve to have their execution stayed hardly ever get it.... case and point Stanley Tookie Williams who has seemed to turn his life around and is out for the better now.
                        You bleeding hearts crack me up. This piece of garbage, refuses to work with authorities to infiltrate and help break up the the Crips. This human waste, refuses to apologize for the murders for which he now has only hours left to live. He had his shot for over 20+ years and cranking a few books, getting some nut case Swiss MP to nominate this animal for a Nobel Peace Prize (WHAT THE HELL IS THAT..?! Oh yeah, Europeans..nuff said) does not negate th fact that this man is a cold blooded killer and deserves nothing more or less than what is coming to him in less than 6 hours from now.

DIE....TOOKIE....DIE!

Aldo

Comment

Well it just came over the wire that the Govenator denied his clemency plea...
                          Darn...
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Peace Prize?

Comment

Well apparently he has been working for peace. What bullshit if you ask me. He won't help authorities and has thousands of people on the streets right now with illegal guns.

Seems like a bunch of crap that people want him not to die; you kill someone then you should be killed. I'm sorry but the whole compassion stuff is crap. They didn't show compassion killing their victims.
                              Tanner Johnson - Owner
                              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X