Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do/did you want to do when you grew up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do/did you want to do when you grew up???

Just thought this might be an interesting topic. So, what did all of you adults want to do when you were a kid? What about those of you who are under the age of 18, what do you guys want to do when you grow up? As for me, the name says it all. I want to fly F-15C's after I graduate from high school and then college.

I wanna be a Toys R Us kid.
    "You can run but you'll die tired."
    Semper Fidelis
    United States Marine Corp !

Comment

virtual babysitter

Comment

ATC
        | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Architect (up to Grade 10), then an Urban Planner. Now a Manager in System Operations Control at Air Canada.

Comment

During High School, I had a map laid out on what I wanted to be. Of course, it kept changing, even up until I started college. From before I even was in high school, I wanted to join the military and be an officer. I had actually decided to where I was going to go to college at to get a degree in military science, and become a career soldier. By my Junior year, I started to get interested in journalism, and decided that I wanted to become a journalist; that lasted until my Senior year, when I kept wavering between journalism and theatre as my planned college major. When I applied to the college I went to, I applied as a journalism major, but by registration week, I became a theatre major. I stayed a theatre major until I dropped out of college due to burnout (doing too much stuff and leaving little time to unwind). I thought about going back to college and major in business, and even looked into a degree in airline management; but now that I'm working 50+ hours a week, schools is out of the question. I'll probably make a career out of route sales, as the turnover at my job could put in a supervisor role in less than a year.

Comment

In college, I wanted to be an Art Therapist. Majored in Studio Art, Minored in Psychology.

However, once graduating college, I had to pay the bills. So I took a desk job with a satellite company.

Now...8 years later...my need to "pay the bills" when I was 21 led me on a career path completely different than my original major.

I work at a major news network (starts with a C, ends with an N. ).

You'll find as you get older that you'll change your mind numerous times about your career...and sometimes, life changes your mind for you.

Comment

I wanted to be a soldier and that is exactly what I did for 22 years as an officer in the Canadian Army. The name says it all, I also wanted to be Airborne and I did that for almost six years and 700+ jumps.
                ________
                Klonopin Rehab Advice

Comment

"I wanna be a bad-ass ghetto pimp"

-Clovis

Comment

I switched majors three times in college – biology, computer science, math and then finally ending with economics. In terms of a career, I wanted to do something in law enforcement, international economics (mostly research) or anything related to commercial aviation.

Right now, I do economic consulting and it’s not in the field I want to do it in, not to mention business is very slow right now. Prior to that, I was a financial analyst for a government agency and a statistician with a healthcare consulting firm. Before that, I was a janitor!

None of my previous jobs were things I wanted to stay in and my present job is just too unstable to really make a career if I keep going solo.

I’m looking for a new job, but I’m not as picky as I was before. As Amy alluded to, priorities change as you get older and life often presents itself with unforeseen events. Right now, I’d be happy with just about any decent paying job that has tolerable working hours and a decent amount of time off...though I'd never work for the a government agency again unless it dealt with aviation or law enforcement.

Comment

Commercial Pilot all the way!!

Comment

Fighter Pilot till grade 6.

Doctor till grade 10.

Finally now I want to do engineering and then business management.
                        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Easy...join the military, fly a chopper...
                          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Look in the yellow pages....find the jobs there are the least of and you may just make the most money.

I think when it is time to retire the second time, I'm going to go after that greater's job at Wal-Mart!

Comment

Okay, I wanna be an ATC at LAX...

-Clovis

Comment

Working...
                              X