Reasons not to use paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons not to use paypal

I didint know there was so many scams with paypal.
    Check out these sites
    http://www.paypalsucks.com/
    http://www.aboutpaypal.org/
    http://www.paypalwarning.com/

These site seems questionable to me. Why would a multi-million dollar a year organization like EBAY condone the use of an unscrupulous money transfering device? Doesn't quite add up
    A.M.

Comment

Originally posted by UsAir330
      These site seems questionable to me. Why would a multi-million dollar a year organization like EBAY condone the use of an unscrupulous money transfering device? Doesn't quite add up
      A.M.
      My thoughts exactally, Ebay would be sued constantly or stop advertising it if it caused so much trouble.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I get emails some times about entering your paypal info, but any person can tell that they are fake emails from frauds. There is an email from paypal ([email protected] I think) that you email fraudulent emails to to report them.

I've been using paypal before EBAY took it over and I have had no problems with it. If you are a retard and respond to those emails (which I can tell are fake), then you deserve to get burned. There are also warning from paypal about fraudulent emails and precautions to take so you don't make any mistakes and send your information into some scammer.
        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Have been using PayPal for years now, not a single problem. Some people will always complain over anything. And what Cameron already mentioned, those Phishing-Emails are probably one of the reasons why so many people complain, because they do not see a difference between a real PayPal email, and a faked one. Personally, I only once got a supposed e-mail from Ebay that appeared a bit weird, so I want to the 'user safety' pages on ebay.de, looked up the typical parts in a phishing email, and bingo, it was a phishing mail, so I just sent them to Ebay directly, who took care of it. Same is the case for PayPal.

Comment

No problems using PAYPAL here for several years now. I would never enter any kind of account information via an email link.
            My photos on jp.net

Comment

Seriously, given the insecure nature of email, anyone should know that legitimate companies never ask for information over email. Those people are just asking for it

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                Have been using PayPal for years now, not a single problem. Some people will always complain over anything. And what Cameron already mentioned, those Phishing-Emails are probably one of the reasons why so many people complain, because they do not see a difference between a real PayPal email, and a faked one. Personally, I only once got a supposed e-mail from Ebay that appeared a bit weird, so I want to the 'user safety' pages on ebay.de, looked up the typical parts in a phishing email, and bingo, it was a phishing mail, so I just sent them to Ebay directly, who took care of it. Same is the case for PayPal.
                DITTO......I too am a regular EBAY/Paypal user (since '01') and have yet to experience any problems. Like many regular EBAY/Paypal users, I too have been an attempted target of 'Phishers' and other scammers. Remaining safe from scammers all boils down to just a litle good ol' fashon horse sense.

Below are some very simple rules that I follow;

Rule #1 do not respond to e-mails from Ebay or Paypal that ask for any personal info.

Rule #2, report any suspicious e-mails to Paypal or EBAY.

Rule #3, do not go to either Ebay or Paypal via a link from an unkown site. Either have Ebay or Paypal bookmarked or type in the URLs into your browser.

Bottom line any site where there is a tranasction of monies will always be a targer of scammers. As I stated earlier all it takes is just a little common sense and keep up with the latest security news from these outlets.

Aldo

Comment

Those sites are probably run by a few people who had a single bad experience with them. They've been fine for me so far.

And UFOSPACE99, there is a much more simple way than your 3 rules. All you have to do is check the URL in your address bar to see it starts with https://www.paypal.com

Because its that simple, I just can't understand how people fall for phising emails!

Comment

You know Ebay owns Paypal right? Telling people to stop using the paypal site would be a little silly to say the least on Ebay's behalf. Paypal is perfectly safe if you know how to use it, and arn't stupid enough to get fooled by the crapload of spoof emails asking to sign in for security reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X