somebody puts 2 cents coin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody puts 2 cents coin....

I was watching the Jay Leno Show Headlines. Jay was showing the photo of the envelope one 37 cents stamp and scotch tapes covered with two pennies next to 37 cents stamp. How idiot somebody puts on them? Lucky, no Post masters stealing 2 cents! LOL! At the Post Office Staffs must be having a great day laughing so hard all day! I was trying to find the photo in the internet or Jay Leno's website no luck to find a photo of this. Maybe coming soon hope so. I'll post it if I get photo to show to you.

Stuart

Hahahaha!!! I think this has happened a few times here to, at least according to my uncle who used to be a postman Always put a smile to his face when people were too lazy to go buy a stamp themselves

Comment

LOL! Seems like the coins might jam the machines that cancel the stamps

Comment

I have done this myself, but under permission of the postmaster of the town I lived in..

I used to live in Beulah North Dakota, (1984-1986) a town of about 1500 people - and if you went to the post office and the window was closed you could tape the exact change to the envelope and the postmaster would take care of the stamp for you before she sorted it...and if she knew you, you didnt need to have exact change - she would send you the difference back in an envelope...

Comment

This was not an uncommon occurance in rural Canada when people needed to post a letter, and hitching the horse up to the wagon and going to town for a 3 cent stamp was out of the question, plus was not an option because she was in the fields plowing. I know, my grandparents used to do this. Even more "idiotic" would be the post Office double handling the envelope because it was lacking a lousy two cents worth of postage. Postage just went up a penny here and I have to wonder if the PO actually came out ahead by selling a bunch of 1 cent stamps to make for the correct postage. it would seem to make sense that people should be allowed to exhaust their supply of old stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer

I used to live in Beulah North Dakota, (1984-1986) a town of about 1500 people -
            oooh, poor bastard

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
              This was not an uncommon occurance in rural Canada when people needed to post a letter, and hitching the horse up to the wagon and going to town for a 3 cent stamp was out of the question, plus was not an option because she was in the fields plowing. I know, my grandparents used to do this. Even more "idiotic" would be the post Office double handling the envelope because it was lacking a lousy two cents worth of postage. Postage just went up a penny here and I have to wonder if the PO actually came out ahead by selling a bunch of 1 cent stamps to make for the correct postage. it would seem to make sense that people should be allowed to exhaust their supply of old stamps.

yah, but if you allow people to use old stamps...you know there's going to be SOMEONE out there who has a stockpiled thousands of stamps incase the price goes up. And fast forward 20 years, the price of stamps is 30 cents higher, and there are still those old stamps coming through the mail.

Comment

Working...
              X