Man Sues Apple Because iPod Damaged His Hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Sues Apple Because iPod Damaged His Hearing

From the "WTF you're a dumb@ss department"...

SAN FRANCISCO - A Louisiana man claims in a lawsuit that Apple's iPod music player can cause hearing loss in people who use it.

Apple has sold more than 42 million of the devices since they went on sale in 2001, including 14 million in the fourth quarter last year. The devices can produce sounds of more than 115 decibels, a volume that can damage the hearing of a person exposed to the sound for more than 28 seconds per day, according to the complaint.

The iPod players are "inherently defective in design and are not sufficiently adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss," according to the complaint, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., on behalf of John Kiel Patterson of Louisiana.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

A message to this dumbass:
    Hey You! Out of the Gene Pool!

I wonder if he also knows that freshly brewed coffee is hot?

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
      I wonder if he also knows that freshly brewed coffee is hot?
      I hope not.
      Trump is an idiot!
      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

LOL , what a loser.

Comment

Loud!?!?!? - My Ipod is the quiestest music device i've ever had. My Sony Walkmans and discmans were always way louder.

Comment

Seriously I learned by the time I was 8 that loud sounds can damage your hearing.
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

How about we place this moron in front of a huge wall of speakers, turn the sound fully up, and have Manowar play a few riffs to show him what loud really means . Damn moron sideshow freak.

Comment

I have a loaded riffle I should have him clean.
                THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Only in America.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                    Seriously I learned by the time I was 8 that loud sounds can damage your hearing.
                    That is good but most people don't. Did you know an IPOD played at 60% of its volume is as loud as a jackhamer and can cause serious ear damage if listened to more then 1/2 hour a day? Most people don't and only Sony was smart enough to put "warning" and "use at own risk" lables on their headphones and MP3 players. Rolling Stones had an article on this. (I believe July or August 05)

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                      That is good but most people don't. Did you know an IPOD played at 60% of its volume is as loud as a jackhamer and can cause serious ear damage if listened to more then 1/2 hour a day? Most people don't and only Sony was smart enough to put "warning" and "use at own risk" lables on their headphones and MP3 players. Rolling Stones had an article on this. (I believe July or August 05)
                      Wow, time to turn that sucker WAY down.
                      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

They have wanrings in the instruction manual Stating Apple is NOT responsible for hearing loss and cranking the thin loud can cause hearing loss.
                        -Kevin

Comment

Oh crap! I am going to by iPOD.
                          Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

I always knew Apple had some evil plan up there sleeves.
                            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                              They have wanrings in the instruction manual Stating Apple is NOT responsible for hearing loss and cranking the thin loud can cause hearing loss.
                              Sorry to break it to ya but they don't. That is the main reason why Rolling Stones printed the article. Sony is the ONLY major MP3 company to post warning lables.

Comment

Working...
                              X