British Soldiers Brutally Beating A Group Of Young Iraqis :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Soldiers Brutally Beating A Group Of Young Iraqis :(

The Ministry of Defence has launched an investigation into a video which allegedly shows British soldiers brutally beating a group of young Iraqis.
    The film, which was reported in a Sunday newspaper, shows the troops repeatedly kicking, punching and striking civilians with batons.

The newspaper said the footage was filmed during street riots in Basra in 2004 by a corporal who can be heard laughing and encouraging his colleagues in a running commentary.

"We are aware of these very serious allegations and can confirm they are now the subject of an urgent Royal Military Police investigation," a Ministry of Defence spokesman said.

"We condemn all acts of abuse and brutality and always treat any allegations of wrongdoing extremely seriously."

According to the News of the World, the video shows the troops dragging four young protesters off a street and into an army compound.

The cameraman is said to be heard laughing and saying: "Oh yes! Oh Yes! You're gonna get it. Yes, naughty little boys. You little f***ers, you little f***ers. Die. Ha Ha."

The tape shows a minute's worth of the attack - with 42 blows counted, according to the newspaper. The footage also allegedly shows a British soldier twice kicking a dead Iraqi in the face.

Textual source: Telegraph

1) the video was 2 years old...
    2) it may not speak the truth- who says these youngsters were only throwing stones? If they had just blown up a British military car with a landmine, killing a bunch of the soldiers's comrades, I kinda understand their reaction...

Then again, I agree it was wrong... they should've set an example, telling the youngsters that violence is not the way we handle things around here... and they should be punished for beating up the teenagers, no matter what the circumstances were...

Comment

Just wait for the full story. Videos like that can often be misleading.
      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
        Just wait for the full story. Videos like that can often be misleading.
        one of the truest things you've ever said

Comment

These guys probably honed their technique on the streets of Belfast..........

Comment

There's no mystery with the cameraman's attitude (presumably a soldier).

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
              These guys probably honed their technique on the streets of Belfast..........
              That's what I was thinking when I was watching it. Skills from N. Ireland.
              My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Working...
              X