NASCAR Driver Predicts Another Daytona Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Driver Predicts Another Daytona Death

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Defending Nextel Cup series champion Tony Stewart criticized superspeedway racing following his third-place finish in the Budweiser Shootout on Sunday, saying “we’re going to hurt somebody really, really bad.”

Stewart said “bump drafting” was out of control, with drivers slamming into competitors heading into turns, running through them and coming out of them.

“We’re sitting here watching TV before we came down here and they’re talking about the tribute to Dale Earnhardt,” Stewart said. “Well, five years from now we’re going to have to do another tribute to another driver because we’re probably going to kill somebody from Wednesday through Sunday."
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Rednecks still haven't learned how to drive in a circle?

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      Haha golden.

Comment

And goalies have not learn to stay in the crease.

On topic:
        Kyle Busch will end up killing and or seriously injuring someone this year

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
          pfft, I leave my crease all the time. Though I do agree that goalies should be fair game if they venture behind the goal line. I would say that should be the case if they leave the crease at all, but sometimes you have to come out a bit farther to cut off the angle.

Comment

He shoots he scores (Emu stays in the crease, but flopping around like a fish out of water as that is his other speciality while in between the pipes....):

This statement is rich, considering it's coming from Tony Stewart. Pot meet kettle......

Comment

I only flop in despiration. Other than that its pretty much all butterflly. 5 hole big enough that they can't not shoot at it, then just close it.

Comment

On topic:
                Kyle Busch will end up killing and or seriously injuring someone this year
                You read my mind. That kid's an idiot. Kurt's not much better, either, although he seems like he wants to calm down after the police incident in Phoenix last year.

I said on another message board last night that last year, Mark Martin complimented Kyle on running a great race at Dover. Wonder if he thinks the same thing now...

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Don't forget Jimmie Johnson that took out millions of dollars worth of competitor's equipment during the plate races last year.
                  My photos on jp.net

Comment

It really is those damn restrictor plates. They tried the smaller fuel cell to spread them out, but now all they do is form alliances and come in to the pits as a group, and eventually become one big pack again. The only real way to do it is to get rid of the plates so they can spread out again. It was a little better when it was the bigger plate, and the wicker over the spoiler and on the roof (and it's still used in the Busch Series) so that they could get better throttle response.

Comment

Originally posted by N776AU
                      It was a little better when it was the bigger plate, and the wicker over the spoiler and on the roof (and it's still used in the Busch Series) so that they could get better throttle response.
                      That's a great aero package. I wish they still used it in Cup.

DeltaRules

Comment

What races are you all going to this year?
                        My photos on jp.net

Comment

Pepsi 400 weekend at Daytona for me (Rolex Sports Car Series & IROC race on the road course Thursday, Busch race Friday, Cup Saturday night). Always a ton of fun...just hope it doesn't storm. Again.

I'd also like to go to the Busch & Truck races at IRP. I did that last year & it was fun. Wouldn't do the Brickyard 400 again...all I could see from my seats was the top of the cars as they'd shoot by. Thank God for Jumbotrons.

DeltaRules

Comment

hahahahha
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                              hahahahha
                              How is that funny?

Originally posted by DeltaRules
                              Pepsi 400 weekend at Daytona for me (Rolex Sports Car Series & IROC race on the road course Thursday, Busch race Friday, Cup Saturday night). Always a ton of fun...just hope it doesn't storm. Again.

I'd also like to go to the Busch & Truck races at IRP. I did that last year & it was fun. Wouldn't do the Brickyard 400 again...all I could see from my seats was the top of the cars as they'd shoot by. Thank God for Jumbotrons.
                              Good deal. Do you camp down at Daytona?

How about the truck race at Mansfield? Thought about going this year, but am driving to Charlotte for the Coke 600 that weekend.
                              My photos on jp.net

Comment

Working...
                              X