Download Linux???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Linux???

Anyone know where to download Linux?? It really interests me.
    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

http://www.linux.org/
    My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

You can't download Linux legally (at least not for free). You can however go to a computer store and buy it...

Anyone who gives out links to where you can download Linux illegally is doing something illegal themselves and will probably be banned from JetPhotos... so I'm afraid you won't get much help...

Comment

Well they say it's open source. Means you can download and modify it. I will look for a linux book and check it if it has Linux bundled.

Comment

Originally posted by janni-chan
          You can't download Linux legally (at least not for free). You can however go to a computer store and buy it...

Anyone who gives out links to where you can download Linux illegally is doing something illegal themselves and will probably be banned from JetPhotos... so I'm afraid you won't get much help...

Check your facts before you start the lecture and the finger waving please.
          I suggest you read the information given in the link in my first reply.
          Linux is,and always has been free!
          Originally posted by Irfan
          Well they say it's open source. Means you can download and modify it.)
          ..........correct but any improvements you make, if offered to others, must remain free.
          There is a version that can be run via your CD drive.You do not need to partition your HD and install Linux to same.Download the program,write it to CD/DVD.When you start the computer you can choose to boot from CD or go to Windows.Bit slower of course but it gives you a look at Linux
          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Is there any commercial Linux distributions left? I remember Caldera OpenLinux and the one from Corel. They had quite the business model. Make a commercial package of something everyone can get for free, charge too much, then make it suck.

www.slackware.com is the good stuff.

Comment

I run http://www.opensuse.org/ and recommend it to anyone new to Linux and wanting to get used to it in a n00b-friendly environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson

Check your facts before you start the lecture and the finger waving please.
                I suggest you read the information given in the link in my first reply.
                Linux is,and always has been free!.
                Excuse me, but I didn't wave fingers at anyone! It seems to me that you're the one doing just that.

I was just trying to keep members out of trouble in case it was illegal (which it turns out it wasn't so there was no need- just about the only mistake I made).

I'm sorry I tried to help out

Comment

Thanks, need a CD-RW tought.

Comment

Working...
                  X