Don't you just hate it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you just hate it...

...when radio or TV stations try to shove certain artists down your throat?
    I mean sure, they get good money from the recording companies, but does that mean I have to listen to Ashley F'n Simpson every single hour? That b!tch couldn't sing if her life depended on it. Or the BEP's "My Humps" or "Pump it", dammit. The latter makes me want to pop a few pills just to be under same influence that this song was made in. And changing the station won't do squat, as it is the same everywhere. And let's not forget Lucie Silvas cover version of "Nothing Else Matters". Rhaaa, what a piece of friggin' garbage.

yeah, I hate it when they play some songs over and over again. It is even worse when its a song you actually like because it wont take long until you cant hear it no more. But thats not often the case since my kind of music is hardly ever played by radio stations.
    greetings,
    Philip

Comment

I agree, if it sells, thats what they will play.... I think the songs on the radio are way too saucy!!! Mostly rap/hip hop songs about finding a girl (that's putting it very nicely compared to the lyrics) and giving her the goods. Do girls like the idea of being used or somthing? Last time I knew, it was way uncool to be a skank....I guess times are changing.....

Comment

yeah...if the blackeyed peas, gwen stefani, and ashlee simpson got into a 3 car pileup, and because of it, everybody was too sad to play their music on the radio, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Comment

Seriously, its pretty annoying to hear the same artist everyother song.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
            Do girls like the idea of being used or somthing? Last time I knew, it was way uncool to be a skank....I guess times are changing.....
            Well, looking at how most girls here in Hamburg walk around, it appears that a lot of them do indeed like to be looked at as a hoe, though it tends to be something among girls from other countries, mainly Arabian ethnicities (sp?).

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              Well, looking at how most girls here in Hamburg walk around, it appears that a lot of them do indeed like to be looked at as a hoe
              I'm on my way!

Comment

Believe me, you don't want to get it on with thosem for a few reason. First, some are still pre-teens, hence illegal, second, most of them will have their big brother come up and beat the living crap out of you, and third and most importantly, most of them have not yet developed boobs .

Comment

This is why all the hip-hop I listen to is either underground or old school, mainstream hip-hop, for the most part, completely sucks. And forget about any of the pop they play on MTV, that stuff is garbage. I only listen to college radio
                  Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
                    And forget about any of the pop they play on MTV
                    they dont really play music on MTV anymore...which to me would like not putting airplane picutres on jp.net anymore.

Comment

...when radio or TV stations try to shove certain artists down your throat?
                      I mean sure, they get good money from the recording companies, but does that mean I have to listen to Ashley F'n Simpson every single hour? That b!tch couldn't sing if her life depended on it. Or the BEP's "My Humps" or "Pump it", dammit. The latter makes me want to pop a few pills just to be under same influence that this song was made in. And changing the station won't do squat, as it is the same everywhere. And let's not forget Lucie Silvas cover version of "Nothing Else Matters". Rhaaa, what a piece of friggin' garbage.
                      A radio station from Columbus (OH) that I used to listen to basically got to the point where it played that crap once an hour. I felt like driving off a cliff every time I heard "My Humps". "Because of You" or any of the recent Mariah Carey songs also got real annoying real fast. It doesn't help that my car doesn't have a CD player. I know they're popular & it's what people want to hear, but the music sucks.

Needless to say, I'm glad I got an MP3 player & a car adapter. Haven't listened to the real radio in about 3 weeks.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                        they dont really play music on MTV anymore...which to me would like not putting airplane picutres on jp.net anymore.
                        I don't know what you mean, they still use background music on all of their shows like 'Pimp my Ride', 'Viva La Bam' or 'The 70's House' .

God, has MTV gotten pathetic or what .

Comment

God, has MTV gotten pathetic or what .
                          yup, and I can pinpoint the exact moment when the downhill slide begain...it was as soon as they cancelled beavis and butthead

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            yup, and I can pinpoint the exact moment when the downhill slide begain...it was as soon as they cancelled beavis and butthead
                            IMO, it was when they started bringing back those "media-whores" from past seasons of Real World and Road Rules for new challenges (orgies).
                            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                            X