X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAP-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by ojjunior
    But, I´m sure you flew Varig long-haul o/b the MD-11s.(I assume they´re terrible!). If you fly the 777 you´ll love it! (They have BA and UA IFE).
    First of all, I've read many times that Varig was one of the best airlines in the world not many years ago, and I really feel sorry for its very difficult situation at the moment. Besides, Varig is a very important partner for TAP.

Indeed, I flew LIS-GRU on a MD11 and GRU-LIS on a B763 back in August 2004. Both the MD11 and B763 looked a bit tired inside but I was lucky on the MD11 because I got a seat in the middle seats of row 40 (the last row with seats in the middle) and I got plenty of legroom. In fact, IFE was a bit poor because only one film was shown on these 9-hour+ flights. The MD11 still had overhead monitors but the B763 had only the main screen. In fact, this B763 was used also by Varig to fly the EuroAtlantic charter flights so I guess it had a "charter" configuration.

However, I had 9 good domestic flights with Varig. The only annoying thing was the constant delays, usually less than 1 hour but 4 hours in one of them.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• sab319
    replied
    Well I would love to fly on a rissian aircraft once in my life, i have no problems with the Iberia cabin crew and I haven't tried AA Y-class yet, so I can't vote

Leave a comment:

• ojjunior
    replied
    Originally posted by TAP-A343
    He's referring to Iberia (Spain's flag carrier) not Iberian (Spanish and Portuguese) airlines.

But back to the topic, since I haven't flown yet Russian aircraft/airlines, I flew AA economy only once back in 2000 and I haven't flown Iberia since 1998, my vote goes to Varig's long-haul flights just to tease the thread-starter.

Cheers.
    What a rude words my friend...
    I won´t say the same thing abt Portuguese carriers once I flew TAP and Portugalia only short haul flights and I had no complains abt that.
    But, I´m sure you flew Varig long-haul o/b the MD-11s.(I assume they´re terrible!). If you fly the 777 you´ll love it! (They have BA and UA IFE).
    Anyway, nothing worst than AA economy class and service.
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• TAP-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by PT737SWA
    Well I have no experience with Iberian airlines
    He's referring to Iberia (Spain's flag carrier) not Iberian (Spanish and Portuguese) airlines.

But back to the topic, since I haven't flown yet Russian aircraft/airlines, I flew AA economy only once back in 2000 and I haven't flown Iberia since 1998, my vote goes to Varig's long-haul flights just to tease the thread-starter.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPhotog
    replied
    Well I have no experience with Iberian airlines or Russian planes/airlines but my AA economy experience was awful.

Leave a comment:

• ojjunior
    started a poll I prefer train than...

I prefer train than...

Flying Russian Aircrafts/Airlines
    23.53%
    AA Economy class
    52.94%
    Iberia´s Flight Attendants
    23.53%
    Tell us why you prefer to go by train instead these options.
Working...
X