Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Convert bmp's to jpg's?

Hi all,

I need to know a way to convert bitmap images to jpeg ones without losing any quality. MS Paint don't work cos you loose enough quality to fill a Pelican's beak, and the only other way I know is through Adobe Photoshop but I don't have access to that.

So does anyone know how I can do it? With two websites to operate, I'm kinda desperate!
    DTVAirport

The only way I do this is through photoshop elements. Did your camera come with a photo editing program other than photoshop? You might be able to do it on there. If not I'm sure one of our more knowegable members will be able to help you out somehow. If its only one or two pictures, IM me and send them my way and I can take care of it for you.

Comment

My photos don't come from a camera, they come from the internet
      DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
        My photos don't come from a camera, they come from the internet
        oh...thoooose kinds of photos .

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
          Adobe Photoshop but I don't have access to that.
          Photshoip is the best next to Ifreanview. All you need to do is open up the image in photoshop, save as, .jpg and name it, then clikc save, and in a few a new window will pop up.

When it does, you have a slider to select the quality. 250kb files usually hover around 11 or 10 and sometimes 9. if your going to use them on your own, and have no restirctions as to size, go full (12). But if your restricted as to size, move the slider around until you find the right quality.
          -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
            Photoshop is the best next to Irfanview. A
            He already said he didn't have acces to photoshop. I would recommend Irfanview, wich is free at irfanview.com .

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?q=BMP%20to%20JPG

Lots of them..Some free, some trial...etc.

Comment

I remember a while ago I could just rename the file as .jpg and Windows would do it for me

Comment

Originally posted by Mungous
                  I remember a while ago I could just rename the file as .jpg and Windows would do it for me
                  I do that in emergencies, but with that you get the quality of a jpg but with the size of a bmp
                  DTVAirport

Comment

Well, I tryed loads of programs and they either added text to the converted image with the program name on or quality was lost.
                    DTVAirport

Comment

There's also a free Photoshop type program called Paint.NET
                      However, paint.net isn't the name of its website though. You have to search for it

Comment

Working...
                      X