Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rational expression

Do you do this in math?

I wasnt doing well in rational expression due to hard.

Originally posted by pbateson
    Do you do this in math?

I wasnt doing well in rational expression due to hard.
    I think so. I think I did this in my calculus class. But can u give an example just to make sure

Comment

Rational expressions are ok. What really blows is when you get to the level where everything seems to be named after mathematicians: Lagrange this, Lagrange that, a Vandermonde matrix, de Morgan's law ... well, actually de Morgan is easy to understand, but I hate everything that starts with either Lagrange, Euler or Gauss with a passion. Newton, well I can usually handle Newton, and I have yet to lose any respect for Pythagoras since grade 7.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDC10
        Rational expressions are ok. What really blows is when you get to the level where everything seems to be named after mathematicians: Lagrange this, Lagrange that, a Vandermonde matrix, de Morgan's law ... well, actually de Morgan is easy to understand, but I hate everything that starts with either Lagrange, Euler or Gauss with a passion. Newton, well I can usually handle Newton, and I have yet to lose any respect for Pythagoras since grade 7.
        Rational expressions may be more difficult in the beginning, but they will become second nature if you do enough of those

Lagrange isn't that bad... as long as you properly define your frames of references, you just have to remember the few equations

Gauss= Eww
        Euler + Fluid mechanics = super eww. I just can't get a hold on to that stuff

Comment

List of famous people (not necessarily limited to mathematics) who have made my life miserable:

Gibbs
          Helmholtz
          Sanger
          Screaming_emu
          Pauli
          L'Hopital (not as much as the others though)
          Whoever invented the internet
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
            List of famous people (not necessarily limited to mathematics) who have made my life miserable:

Gibbs
            Helmholtz
            Sanger
            Screaming_emu
            Pauli
            Yay I am not on the list (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
              Yay I am not on the list (yet)
              You don't need to worry about that, it's a list of famous people
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines

Gibbs
                Helmholtz
                Sanger
                Screaming_emu
                Pauli
                You can add
                Maxwell
                Hamilton
                Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                X