Severe weather outbreak/violent tornadoes possible today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe weather outbreak/violent tornadoes possible today

Well, the severe weather season has had an early start this time, w/ baseball sized hail in OK the other day. Today, it appears that strong to violent tornadoes are possible in AR and MO and again tomorrow.

Severe weather, tornado, thunderstorm, fire weather, storm report, tornado watch, severe thunderstorm watch, mesoscale discussion, convective outlook products from the Storm Prediction Center.

Foxtrot

Well lets hope no one gets hurt. We have kind of weird weather here too, while its not severe, we've been getting snow and thunderstorms all over the place here. T-storms happen a few times a year, but the snow is really rare.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

There was lightning and hail around my area this morning. Something seems messed up.

Comment

Mmmmmm, thunderstorms. Got to love them.
        My photos on jp.net

Comment

We had a brief thunderstorm around MSP at 6AM this morning that didn't amount to much. We currently have a Winter Storm Watch for Sunday night and Monday morning for possible 6" to 8" of snow. This will be our biggest snowstorm of a winter season that hasn't given us much snow.
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Re:

Here we go again, round 2, and it doesn't look too good:

Source: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

Major tornado outbreak very possible, given enough surface heating, ample wind shear and moisture. Long track tornadoes are also very possible.

Foxtrot

EDIT: Two PDS (Particularly Dangerous Situation) tornado watches already in effect:

Source: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/

Already some cells in SE KS headed on off to the NE.

Foxtrot

Comment

Lookin' good for severe weather Monday for Pittsburgh. Should be fun.

Storm report from today:
              GOLFBALL SIZE HAIL AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY (EAX)
              My photos on jp.net

Comment

107 tornadoes yesterday, killed at least 6 people.

Looks like Indiana/Eastern PA has main tornado threat today.
                My photos on jp.net

Comment

We got nailed by a thunderstorm about 2hrs ago. 2 houses were strike by lightning and burned, man I have not seen a storm like that in a while, but heck in the middle of March? Hopefully the season isnt like that!

Comment

Originally posted by PortColumbus
                    107 tornadoes yesterday, killed at least 6 people.

Looks like Indiana/Eastern PA has main tornado threat today.
                    That's 107 tornado reports, the actual number of tornadoes won't be known for sometime because w/ long-track tornadoes, many tornadoes have multiple reports for them. And 10 fatalities reported so far.

There were three rounds w/ yesterday's outbreak as far as I saw. The first one was the storms in SE KS which headed on off toward central MO. The second round was further up north. One of those storms dumped hail on Lawrence, KS (the university had to cancel classes for today) and in the Kansas City area, including the Springfield Ill. tornado. The third round sparked off the cold front in KS and off the dryline in NE OK. The Springfield Ill. storm had a classic hook echo radar signature on it. There were three other storms in MO as well that had hook echoes on radar. Sedalia got hit atleast twice, once by a tornado, once by a thunderstorm w/ large hail and may have been hit a third time by another storm. There was also a half-mile wide wedge tornado in NE OK, the likes of which you definitely wouldn't want to see barreling towards you at night. A local station storm chaser chsed the storm that produced that tornado and sent back shots of the video he got, and man, it was huge, could only be seen when lightning flashed in the background.

Foxtrot

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
                      We got nailed by a thunderstorm about 2hrs ago. 2 houses were strike by lightning and burned, man I have not seen a storm like that in a while, but heck in the middle of March? Hopefully the season isnt like that!
                      What part of London were the houses in?

Our snowstorm arrived during the night as expected and we ended up with 11 inches of snow in Apple Valley. We also had lightning and thunder early in the snowstorm.
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Wow, 107 tornados, crazy stuff! I don't remember tornado season starting so early in prior years.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                          Wow, 107 tornados, crazy stuff! I don't remember tornado season starting so early in prior years.
                          Again, it is not 107 tornadoes, like I said before, it's 107 tornado reports, the actual number could be less than that. Many tornadoes may have been reported multiple times along the same path, so we won't know exactly how many actually did occur for a while.

Foxtrot

Comment

Working...
                          X