Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Would You Rather Control U.S Seaports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would You Rather Control U.S Seaports?

Arab based Company, or American based Mafia?

Neither, I'd rather an American Company would control them. I would find it weird if a US Company was controling the Arab Seaports, so I wouldn't expect them to control ours either. And you never know what the Maffia is up to.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
      Neither, I'd rather an American Company would control them. I would find it weird if a US Company was controling the Arab Seaports, so I wouldn't expect them to control ours either. And you never know what the Maffia is up to.
      You can't say neither. It's a who would your rather. Neither is not an option.

Arrgghh.

Comment

You got that from Cnn.com. I thought that was kinda a wierd choice in the American Mafia. But that is cnn for you.

Comment

If I had to pick one I'd say the Mafia. At least there is less of a security issue then having a company from another country control our seaports.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Id rather have somone we know and can trust controlling the seaports! like Port Authority for instance, US Goverment.
            -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
              Id rather have somone we know and can trust controlling the seaports! like Port Authority for instance, US Goverment.
              Well if that government port authority has any resemblence to the Toronto Port Authority, you'd be wise to pick the mafia or Arab companies.

Actually, the Dubai Port Authority controls at least the Vancouver port in Canada. They don't seem to be doing a bad job... at least that's my impression so far.

Comment

Mafia

Comment

I just think its so awesome that we gave the big FU to one of the more progressive countries in the middle east...god our government is dumb. "oh my god, they have dark skin, they must be terrists!". To be honest the only thing that made me scratch my head about this whole thing was that our clueless leader was so for it. Usually when he's extremely dedicated to something it doesn't work out well at all.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                    I just think its so awesome that we gave the big FU to one of the more progressive countries in the middle east...god our government is dumb. "oh my god, they have dark skin, they must be terrists!".
                    Agree with you 100%. Democrats and Republicans alike showed the world that racism and ignorance still abounds in the US. The idea that we allow Europeans and Asians to operate our ports but not one of our most crucial allies in the War on Terror to is simply mind boggling to me. Suffice to say, Bush had it right on this one. It is a shame that everyone else had to ruin it.
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                      It is a shame that everyone else had to ruin it.
                      yup, and piss off one of the few allies we have in the region.

Comment

I think that like it or not, these middle eastern countries are coming fast... Look at Qatar Airways..... They have so much money, they have atleast one of every type of plane it seems.....Unfortunatly, Americans (Well not all, just some) are so out of the loop, if the news said Santa Claus was from the middle east, idiots would boycott christmas....( Just used as an example, not meant to ruffle other Religions feathers)

Comment

Agree with you 100%. Democrats and Republicans alike showed the world that racism and ignorance still abounds in the US. The idea that we allow Europeans and Asians to operate our ports but not one of our most crucial allies in the War on Terror to is simply mind boggling to me. Suffice to say, Bush had it right on this one. It is a shame that everyone else had to ruin it.
                          Well, since I am Middle Eastern, and I oposed this deal, does that make me hate me? You don't realize that the UAE really isn't a country we can trust. So what if they have been nice to us for 3 years? Have they done ANYTHING, ANYTHING that would make them an allie that any country wouldn't normally do? I mean did they have a choice to let us come in their country with the invasion of Iraq? No.

If many of you didn't realize the UAE has something that Mr. Bush and a bunch of other Rich ass-holes want, that is oil. Wonder why we are so nice to them Wonder what would happen if UAE didn't have any oil, wonder if Bush would even think about sending the deal there.

We are talking about a country where democracy (something so charished in this country) doesn't exsit. Where slavery is practiced and is about to be faced with sanctions from the UN, a country were 99% of the wealth is focused in just 3%. A country that has and could currently be supporting terrorist. Is that really an Allie?

Comment

Well, since I am Middle Eastern, and I oposed this deal, does that make me hate me?
                            No, you are Jewish. If you were Muslim, then yes.

You don't realize that the UAE really isn't a country we can trust. So what if they have been nice to us for 3 years?
                            Neither is Great Britain. After all, they exported shoe bomber Richard Reeve. And our own country is full of home-grown terrorists such as Tim McVeigh.

Have they done ANYTHING, ANYTHING that would make them an allie that any country wouldn't normally do?
                            Yes. They allowed us to put an entire invading military force in their country for the invasion of one of their neighbors. They have also been crucial in the fight against terrorists, freezing terrorist accounts and helping us out with intelligence and counterterrorism operations.

I mean did they have a choice to let us come in their country with the invasion of Iraq? No.
                            Actually, they very easily could have said no. Iran and Syria certainly haven't been helping us out with the war in Iraq...

If many of you didn't realize the UAE has something that Mr. Bush and a bunch of other Rich ass-holes want, that is oil.
                            I want oil too. I need it for my car to run. But that isn't the reason that the ports were offered for sale to the UAE. It was a British Company selling the ports to the UAE, not Bush. Bush only had to approve it; there was no compensation in it for him.

Wonder why we are so nice to them
                            Iran has oil. So does Venezuala and Syria. Last time I checked we weren't very friendly with those countries...

Wonder what would happen if UAE didn't have any oil, wonder if Bush would even think about sending the deal there.
                            Once again, this wasn't Bush's deal. It was a British Company which owned the ports and wanted to sell them to the UAE.

We are talking about a country where democracy (something so charished in this country) doesn't exsit. Where slavery is practiced and is about to be faced with sanctions from the UN, a country were 99% of the wealth is focused in just 3%. A country that has and could currently be supporting terrorist. Is that really an Allie?
                            Yes, such a country really is an ally. Look at the USSR in WWII...they certainly weren't the best people around, but we were happy to help them out as they were happy to help us out. Saudi Arabia certainly doesn't have a great human rights record to fall back on, but we are allies with them as well.

Also, I find it interesting that the UAE is good enough to fund Clinton's Presidential Library but not good enough to operate American ports, even after Israel (a neutral country) assured us that the company was safe.
                            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

No, you are Jewish. If you were Muslim, then yes.
                              Well I am really an Egyptian Jew. All my family (as far back as around 10,000 BCE) has lived in Egypt. My parents were both born there, my culture is more middle eastern then Jewish, and Arabic was my parents native language. My parents have darker skin as well and if you didn't know they were Jewish, you would call them Arab.
                              Not Arab enough for you?

Neither is Great Britain. After all, they exported shoe bomber Richard Reeve. And our own country is full of home-grown terrorists such as Tim McVeigh.
                              So does that mean we can't trust anyone?

Yes. They allowed us to put an entire invading military force in their country for the invasion of one of their neighbors. They have also been crucial in the fight against terrorists, freezing terrorist accounts and helping us out with intelligence and counterterrorism operations.
                              I laugh at the fact that they "Allowed" us. I bet 99% of the Country would have rathered burned then help us. Also, where is this proof of freezing terrorist accounts? Notice the Country is controlled by the rich, why would they block their own accounts?

Actually, they very easily could have said no. Iran and Syria certainly haven't been helping us out with the war in Iraq...
                              Notice how we are so close to going into Iran and Syria really wouldn't have done much for us. Syria has so little money, nothing worth invading for (hell Israel probley would beat us to it) vs UAE which has ton of money.

I want oil too. I need it for my car to run. But that isn't the reason that the ports were offered for sale to the UAE. It was a British Company selling the ports to the UAE, not Bush. Bush only had to approve it; there was no compensation in it for him.
                              Yeah but Bush gets a lot out of the deal if the UAE runs the port. Think of the new Bussiness contracts he gets, etc...

Iran has oil. So does Venezuala and Syria. Last time I checked we weren't very friendly with those countries...
                              Only difference is that we get little to no oil from those Countries

Yes, such a country really is an ally. Look at the USSR in WWII...they certainly weren't the best people around, but we were happy to help them out as they were happy to help us out. Saudi Arabia certainly doesn't have a great human rights record to fall back on, but we are allies with them as well.
                              Um, Saudi Arabia might be an allie to you but I would rather leave this country then call them Allies. A Country that has attacked Israel, supported terrorism, grows them, etc... Again this goes with the oil thing. Our economy depends so much on SA that if we were not "allies" the USA would take a big hit.

Also, I find it interesting that the UAE is good enough to fund Clinton's Presidential Library but not good enough to operate American ports, even after Israel (a neutral country) assured us that the company was safe.
                              That I would REALLY like a link too.

Comment

Working...
                              X