Rugby League whats the appeal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby League whats the appeal?

I'm sitting here watching Rugby League ... what's the appeal of this game? Heaps of very unappealing looking men running up and down the field trying to hurt each other ..

Every now and again the play stops as 1 man tries to push 2 men up 3 mens bums ...

I don't get it....

ADG
    ADG
    No makeovers please .....

Sort of sounds like Parliament eh ADG! It's a competition thing and the pain inflicted to an opponent allows you to talk in the pub afterwards for hours. (We have friends here from Adelaide who love the game!)

Comment

Yeah, what is the appeal of league?

Union is where it's at!

Comment

I used to be a HUGE rugby league fan. Note - used to be. This was back in the day before Rupert Murdoch's Super League ruined everything. Go back to 1995, and rugby league was fantastic, superlative, if you will.

As far as I am concerned, the Super League war destroyed rugby league. Though SL did have one nice spin-off, namely the short-lived Adelaide Rams, it destroyed clubs like Gold Coast, Souths, Norths, Illawarra, just to name a few.

Super League also destroyed the in-roads league had made into countries other than Australia/UK/Kiwiland. Hence, there is now pratically no credible international rugby league.

I LOOOOOOOOVE rugby union now, because it has become more free-flowing and exciting whilst league has gone the other way. I also love the more international aspect of union.

So, yeah, I don't see the appeal of league anymore.
        AIRIGAMI.NET
        http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

My husband says much the same thing about Rugby League ....

ADG
          ADG
          No makeovers please .....

Comment

We call it ice hockey here in North America! Except on frozen water....

Comment

Working...
            X