X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not more breast-milk?

Here's some food for thought.

Think about it....
    ...who was the first to look at a pair of cow-tiddies, and think "Hmm, I wonder what those taste like?"

Also, under what circumstances did that happen:
    • a father desperate to provide milk for the infant of his deceased wife?
    • a deranged bestialist? (perhaps the ancestor of an unmentioned A.netter? )
    • someone famished by hunger/thirst due to terrain (i.e., a desert); with only the company of livestock (e.g., a camel)?
    • etc?

Anywho, my point is:
    why do we drink the milk of cloven-hooved worm-ridden ruminants like cattle, camels, and goats.... when the females (and males!) of our own species are more than capable of producing good milk and plenty of it.

I mean, we have facilities and programs where you can donate Blood, Plasma, Semen, or even your organs when you're deceased; so why not breast milk??

The benefits are plentiful:

It'd be great for the economy, as the potential supply/demand is nigh-limitless. And that's not even taking into account whatever potential taxes may be applied/derived.

It'd be a new branch of dairy science. Also, techniques on safely getting a stable supply or more breastmilk post-partum will likely be introduced.

It'd be great for the environment, as a smaller cattle (which produce more methane relative to their body size than any other mammal) population would then be needed.

And last but not least; it'd be great for health & society, as lactose intolerance rates would no-doubt significantly decline..... also as donating-women would have even more encouragement to monitor and keep their breast in tiptop condition.

.........so basically, what I'm asking is: why haven't we dumped the heifers and switched to chicks?

When you really think about it, what's the downside?
    Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Plus, producing milk makes breasts larger! My wife's pregnant I would know
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
      Plus, producing milk makes breasts larger! My wife's pregnant I would know
      ...see?

Yet another benefit for all you heteros out there!

What have we got to lose??

Check it out!

Comment

I don't think feminists would like the idea of "woman pastures" too much.

Comment

Breast milk carries HIV though..EDIT- of course assuming that the donor has it.

Comment

Originally posted by US Airways
            Breast milk carries HIV though..
            Well there are mad cows

Interesting thought... but other than the sort of donation they do for blood, how else could we "mass produce" breast milk? I don't think there will be too many enthusiastic responses to a "Milk producer wanted" ad

Comment

Originally posted by US Airways
              Breast milk carries HIV though
              ...and blood & semen (both of which are donated every day) don't??

Originally posted by JordanD
              Yeah, that's new.

I mean seriously; try to name something, anything, that "feminists" actually do like! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
              Interesting thought... but other than the sort of donation they do for blood, how else could we "mass produce" breast milk? I don't think there will be too many enthusiastic responses to a "Milk producer wanted"
              Dunno. I guess that'd be up to the thinktanks that be.

Also, keep in mind that it need not only apply to females--- male mammals are already 100% equipped with everything necessary for milk production; i.e., dope him up with enough progestrin, and he'll leak like a rusty faucet.

...disturbing thought, but consider the economics

Check it out!

Comment

Well there are mad cows
                Hahaha, nice.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by ConcordeBoy
                  I mean seriously; try to name something, anything, that "feminists" actually do like! :rolleyes:
                  Dildos .

Comment

Well there are mad cows

Interesting thought... but other than the sort of donation they do for blood, how else could we "mass produce" breast milk? I don't think there will be too many enthusiastic responses to a "Milk producer wanted" ad
                    You never know... young women can make thousands of dollars for donating fertile eggs. It's become VERY popular among college women. If they were to get paid for breast milk, everybody wins. The trick would be to make their bodies produce milk when the woman is not expecting a child.
                    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                      Another plus.
                      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                        You never know... young women can make thousands of dollars for donating fertile eggs. It's become VERY popular among college women. If they were to get paid for breast milk, everybody wins. The trick would be to make their bodies produce milk when the woman is not expecting a child.
                        Both completely valid points. Just about a week or so back I remember an ad in our college newspaper wanting women to donate eggs. The compensation came in at a whopping $1500.

I think it's possible to make a woman produce breastmilk through hormonal therapy, but what side-effects it might carry I don't know. Either way, this "milking women" idea, even if gone on with, needs serious medical research before it can be implemented.
                        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                        X