BBC World: "Israel's Secret Weapon" this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC World: "Israel's Secret Weapon" this weekend

BBC World will be airing "Israel's Secret Weapon" this weekend.

The show will unveil Israel's hidden nuclear weapon development, and how it becomes the only nation in the world that is immune from being searched for WMD by the UN.

Correspondent: Israel’s Secret Weapon
    Mordechai Vanunu is regarded by his compatriots as a traitor for having exposed Israel's secret nuclear-bomb factory to the world. He has spent 16 years in prison and, abandoned by his family, has been legally adopted by Americans. Olenka Frenkiel reports.

Airing time (EDT):

Sat 6/28: 4.10AM, 8.10AM, 3.10PM
    Sun 6/29: 11.10AM
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

Lol, "Secret" program. We have known that Israel has had nukes for years now. Its public info. It's even in movies (The Sum of All Fears)
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Isreal only *thinks* it is above the law .... there shall be a day of reckoning for them.

ADG
      ADG
      No makeovers please .....

Comment

I find it funny how they more or less stole the nukes from the states.
        Earl From Regina

Comment

As far as Israel having nukes, I'm fine with it. They are a good friend to the US, they know what we are going through (terror wise.)
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
            Isreal only *thinks* it is above the law .... there shall be a day of reckoning for them.

ADG
            Agreed, Israel is as much responible for the violence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip as the palestinians. (Note:this statment is not against Jewish people, it is against the actions of the state of Israel)
            Earl From Regina

Comment

Well, they are fed up with it. 6 million Jews were killed in WWII, they go to their homeland and the attacks against them don't stop. Countries have attacked them, they have had hundreds, if not thousands, of terrorist attacks.

Comment

Well, people have "short term memories". So they need to be "reminded".

BBC usually brings up something very in-depth on the past, so perhaps there could be new stuff to be unveiled.

Originally posted by herpa2003
                Lol, "Secret" program. We have known that Israel has had nukes for years now. Its public info. It's even in movies (The Sum of All Fears)
                Airline Route News

Comment

There are a lot of things people need to be reminded about, but the media has the power to pick and choose what they want to "remind" us about...they have too much power.

Comment

Originally posted by Myblock
                    Actually, they got their nuclear capabilities from France.

Comment

Actually US media don't "remind" people about this.

Originally posted by herpa2003
                      There are a lot of things people need to be reminded about, but the media has the power to pick and choose what they want to "remind" us about...they have too much power.
                      Airline Route News

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                        And @ who's hands will this happen? Anyone foolish enough to try and remove Israel from the map will be turned into radioactive ash for the next 10,000 years.

Originally posted by jiml1126
                        The show will unveil Israel's hidden nuclear weapon development, and how it becomes the only nation in the world that is immune from being searched for WMD by the UN.
                        Last time I checked, the U.S., U.K, France, Russia, China, India and Pakistan are not being inspected by the U.N. either. The only reason Iraq was inspected was because Iraq has shown an aggressive policy toward its neighbors and its willingness to indiscriminately use weapons of mass destruction.

I swear, based on some of the responses, this thread belongs on Airliners.net.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
                          Originally posted by Myblock
                          Actually, they got their nuclear capabilities from France.
                          Oops, sorry I thought they stole 'em from the Americans. Guess I was wrong.
                          Earl From Regina

Comment

I find it so sad that there can't be peace in that area. The problems are so complex that to solve them will sure take alot of willpower between both sides. I wish Israel would stop their attacks on palestinian people and I wish the palestinians would stop attacking Israelis with bombs. I don't think this will happen in the next while though unless BOTH sides stop their attacking of each other. This isn't a one-sided thing where the palestinians are causing all the trouble and are the only ones attacking the other side. BOTH sides are responsible, so this means Israel MUST stop doing it's rocket attacks and assaults and the palestinians MUST stop attacking Israeli civilians. Much of the problem is the 2 sides have been in fights for over 2000 years and this isn't a new thing. The hate between the two sides must be rooted out if peace is to be achieved.
                            Earl From Regina

Comment

I think the sympathy over the 5 million (not 6 as some would have you believe) is well past it's use by date and any American that thinks that Isreal is their biggest friend is in for a rude shock ..

Israel cares about Israel, their friendship with the US is nothing more than paid protection.

Lets get back to the holocaust and they sympathy received for that .. they get the land they put Israel on as a "sorry" .. but what did the Palestinians do to deserve what they got (and are still getting)? What involvement did the Palestinians have with the holocaust? NONE.

And if you look at history you will find the only thing the Israelis learnt from the holocaust is how to kill others and play the victim.

ADG
                              ADG
                              No makeovers please .....

Comment

Working...
                              X