Lesbians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herpa2003

It's been a long time since we've had a good debate on this forum...and now we have 3 going at once!

True, society changes, but not always for the best. Just compare TV in the 50s and 60s to TV now. In the 60s men and women couldn't be in the same bed on TV. and now they are shown having sex. Teenage girls are puking just to look like people on TV or in magazines. That wasn't really a problem 50 years ago. I don't even want to know what society will be like in another 30 years...
    I agree - society can change for the worse! But look at the improvements over the last few decades as well. Womens rights, the ending of the nazi regime (and greater world stability since) and greater racial equality to name but a few. Society changes for the good and the bad, it can in no way be said that everything has been downhill since the romans!
    I walked across an empty land
    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
    I felt the earth beneath my feet
    Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
      Originally posted by herpa2003

It's been a long time since we've had a good debate on this forum...and now we have 3 going at once!

True, society changes, but not always for the best. Just compare TV in the 50s and 60s to TV now. In the 60s men and women couldn't be in the same bed on TV. and now they are shown having sex. Teenage girls are puking just to look like people on TV or in magazines. That wasn't really a problem 50 years ago. I don't even want to know what society will be like in another 30 years...
      I agree - society can change for the worse! But look at the improvements over the last few decades as well. Womens rights, the ending of the nazi regime (and greater world stability since) and greater racial equality to name but a few. Society changes for the good and the bad, it can in no way be said that everything has been downhill since the romans!
      I have to agree with you here, society has changed for the better and for the worse over the past few centuries.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

As long as you dont shout gay pride and only dress in rainbow colored spandex, you're ok in my book. :P

-Clovis (has a thing for lesbians )

Like my friend used to say "I'm a lesbian trapped in the body of a man" :P

Comment

I dont have a problem with anybody because of their sexual orientation. Personally, I think its kinda gross with gay males, but that's my point of view on the action, not the person. And the reason I dont really like the action is because I'm attracted to females, so I dont wanna see two guys goin at it. Which is the same reason why I do like lesbians. Its simple mathematics. More=better. But either way I have no problem with the person. When I decide whether I like a person or not its based upon the person themselves and how they interact with me, not based on their actions.

For those who dislike homosexuals and try to base it on religion, I do believe that somewhere in the bible it states "thou shall not judge". And just because it says something in a book, doesn't necissarily make it true.

Comment

The two newest members of General Jack D. Ripper's staff.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the people (homosexuals, lesbians, etc); I have a problem with their actions. There is a difference in that. Every person I've known who was openly homosexual, Iíve treated the same as I did heterosexuals, with the decency and respect everyone deserves. I donít have to agree with anything they believe or do but theyíre still human and deserve human dignity.

As for lesbians specifically, I consider their actions to be no different than those of homosexual men. And yes, the Bible does talk about lesbians but because it was not nearly as common back then, it is not referred to nearly as much. Iíll try to find the section and post it later. Right now I need to relax and not think about politics for a while.

Comment

Nice Jack!

Have them fall in for inspection!

Comment

Too bad most lesbians don't look like that...
                  Earl From Regina

Comment

There has been no "increase" in lesbianism over the years ... the issue here is that 2 nice looking women having sex appears to be an appealing thing for many men to watch .. the same men who find it offensive to watch 2 men having sex.

This double standard has been around since the time of the bible it would seem.

ADG
                    ADG
                    No makeovers please .....

Comment

I keep noticing, other than 'the bible says' noone has given me any reason why they consider the actions to be wrong, or even if they DO consider the actions to be wrong or they just personally dislike them.

We have pretty much refuted the 'the bible says' arguement, by pointing out how society has changed too much for such old teaching to apply to the letter (ie the spirit of the teaching still does in places), and also how over the centuries man has written, composed and translated sections of the book and the book in its entirety, leading to great possibility for innacuracy.

So does anyone have any other reasons that the actions, when carried out with consent and in private, can be considered 'wrong'?
                      I walked across an empty land
                      I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                      I felt the earth beneath my feet
                      Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
                        Lesbians,
                        I dont have a problem with gay people, as long as they respect my sexuality, I respect theirs
                        Well said, and lesbians in general are far more tolerant of heterosexuals than many gay men.
                        Don't ask me why, but that's my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                          As long as you dont shout gay pride and only dress in rainbow colored spandex, you're ok in my book. :P
                          I don't know. A female dressed in rainbow coloured spandex could be interesting

But indeed "gay pride" is just an excuse for doing things that would get them arrested otherwise (like sex in public, obstruction of roads etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by jwenting
                            Originally posted by Leftseat86
                            I don't know. A female dressed in rainbow coloured spandex could be interesting

But indeed "gay pride" is just an excuse for doing things that would get them arrested otherwise (like sex in public, obstruction of roads etc.).
                            Gay Pride is no more an excuse for the things you mentioned for homosexuals then Mardi Gras is an excuse for heterosexuals...There will always be the "fringe" element of any group of society who push the boundries of decency. To group all homosexuals by the acts of a few is wrong, to group any group by the acts of a few is wrong.

As for tolerance, it is alot like respect and the golden rule - do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It took me many years to come to grips with my sexuality and I dont expect others to accept it right away either, but I also dont expect to be shunned simply becuase of who I am. Most members of my family know about my sexuality and I treat people at work differently - I am not "out of the closet" at work but if you start asking nosey personal questions I dont lie. I have never started a conversation "I am gay" but I have ended several with that phrase. The only difference between me and the other people I work with is determined in the bedroom and that is where I like my personal life to remain.

The majority of gays do not force our lifestyle on straight people, you ask the questions or put us in situations (trying to set us up on blind dates with someone of the opposite sex because we are not "married") then you will find out! Gay Pride events happen in the gay areas of town, the one in Houston will be this weekend in the Montrose area. If you dont want to see the parade then stay out of the gay areas of town - there is nothing available there for you that is not available in the suburbs where you live. The media will talk about it, normally it is no more then a 30second blurb on the nightly news or a picture and paragraph in the paper so it is easy to avoid if you wish.

Comment

I think it's ok. It doesn't really bother me. Frankly, I don't really care.
                              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I don't like lesbians. They never let me in on the fun.
                                "You can run but you'll die tired."
                                Semper Fidelis
                                United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Working...
                                X