Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian foods?

Do you eat a Indian foods?

I did ate a curry chicken and it is very spicy than Thai foods.

I've had Curry before, I didn't really care for it.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Yup, i eat Indian food from time to time, and yeah all foods from that part of the world (India, Pakistan,etc..) have really spicy foods...to me it tastes great, since i have grown up eating those kinds of foods i guess....
      ***My Blog***

Comment

I dont eat chickens at all, since we had the first danish incident of the notorious H5N1 birdflu just last week....No chickens for me. Does shawarma counts ? Is that indian or pakistani origin?, its the one of kebab stuff on !
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          I dont eat chickens at all, since we had the first danish incident of the notorious H5N1 birdflu just last week....No chickens for me. Does shawarma counts ? Is that indian or pakistani origin?, its the one of kebab stuff on !
          Shawarma is more Persian than anything. You will find it in both India and Pakistan though, but more in Pakistan I guess.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Well I have now been in India for 2 months (With 2 weeks left ) and I have tried quite a few Indian dishes, the best been a Chicken Tikka in a Tomato gravy, not sure of its specific name though.

And a Garlic Naan bread, yum!

Maxpower, there is nothing to worry about. I am in a part of India (Maharashtra State) where bird flu has been confirmed 34KM away and have eaten chicken almost daily (McChicken Burger at McDonalds!) and I feel fine (Do feel peckish tho after a long days work.....).

Tanuj, have you got any recomendations on anything I should give a try????
            E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Often had some nice Chicken curry, and generally like the spicy Indian food. Only problem is that my stomach is rather sensitive, and hence I can't eat Indian too often.
              As far as H5N1 goes, once the meat is being grilled or fried, all contained viruses are being killed by the high heat, so no worries about that.
              Personally, I don't care too much about all these 'food' health risks, like H5N1, Mad Cow disease, Acrylamid in everything toasted/fried, chemicals on vegetables, etc. I still eat everything as usual.

Btw, is teriyaki of Indian origin as well? If yes, it can be added to the list of my Indian favs .

Comment

oh I hate you all for briniging this up. Indian food is probably my favorite, and I dont have access to any here in ND. Man what I wouldn't do for some chicken chilli and some all you can eat naan.

Comment

Tandoori chicken and lamb Vindaloo are my favs.

Comment

Jason, definitely try Tandoori Chicken with Naan, and Chicken Biryani (or mutton, lamb, whichever you prefer) before you leave. I lived in Pune for 2 years, and I remember there being this place run by Parsees somewhere in Pune that had awesome biryani - well either way, even if you don't find it, ask somebody you work with to recommend a place and have some biryani.

Colin, Teriyaki is Japanese.
                    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                      Colin, Teriyaki is Japanese.
                      *cough*Just shows my "excellent" cuisine knowledge .

Comment

Jason, definitely try Tandoori Chicken with Naan, and Chicken Biryani (or mutton, lamb, whichever you prefer) before you leave.
                        I tried the Chicken Biryani a few nights ago at my hotel up at the Chingari rooftop resturaunt at the Le Meridian, very nice is all I can say, one of the best indian dishes I have tasted (not too spicy, just right).
                        E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Indian food is the best, I like hot spicy food and ladies!
                          -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                            I like hot spicy food and ladies!
                            I like the food and hot spicy ladies

Comment

Jason, definitely try Tandoori Chicken with Naan, and Chicken Biryani (or mutton, lamb, whichever you prefer) before you leave. I lived in Pune for 2 years, and I remember there being this place run by Parsees somewhere in Pune that had awesome biryani - well either way, even if you don't find it, ask somebody you work with to recommend a place and have some biryani.
                              Woud love to taste some of these...Maybe I should pay a visit on our local indian restaurant, The blue elephant !

Thanks Tanuj !
                              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X