Minimum age for Checking in to a hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum age for Checking in to a hotel

Hi, I am 17, and will be visiting Chicago during spring break. April 19-20th. I wanted to know what the minimum age for check in is to a hotel. I will be travelling alone, and I dont want to be without a room at the last mintue. Any info on what I can do to insure my reservations?
    Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Don't act 17, don't look like a 17 year old, don't talk like your 17, and don't say your 17.

Comment

hmm okk.. lol will having a credit card at check in do me any good?

Comment

Cant your parents call ahead of time and book a room for you?

Comment

Yeah, like KCMH said don't act 17, etc....they can't tell the differenece, unless if your really short and have no facial hair..haha j/k

I think your parents can call ahead and have the room set up for you, i've actually gotten a hotel room and used my dads credit card and they didn't say anything...
          ***My Blog***

Comment

really?? hahaha i guess i wont shave my goatee before i go but Mohammad, you mean a regular hotel and not a crappy motel rite. I check on hotels.com and some of them say Minimum Check-In age= 18

Comment

The age varies by locale, but 99% of the time it's 18 or 21.

Do what KCMH says and you should have no problem. I've checked in plenty of times underage and only been denied once (Studio 6 in Dayton).

hmm okk.. lol will having a credit card at check in do me any good?

Yes, the hotel will likely ask for one to cover incidentals.
              My photos on jp.net

Comment

Its 18 in Chicago, and my friends that have gone there everytime said that they have always asked them for a Drivers license. Good luck getting a room....

Comment

would motels be easier to get a room in?

Comment

Just find a big tree and sleep there, works for me in most sitations.
                    Sam Rudge
                    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

lol...seriously guys

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
                        would motels be easier to get a room in?

A motel and a hotel are the same anymore since most "hotels" actually fit the definition of a motel. It doesnt matter, its all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
                          lol...seriously guys
                          Seriously, I've done that twice before, Once on bare concrete, in a park in a bush plenty of times. Just toughen up.
                          Sam Rudge
                          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

If you're going to be driving, then in the worst case, you could find a place to park overnight and spend the night in the car.
                            I've had that in the "contingency plan" on more than one occasion but have yet to activate it

Comment

A co-worker years ago at America West slept on a bench outside the New York New York in LAS. His wake up call was one of the security officers poking him @ 730am. He got up went to the airport and flew back to CMH

Comment

Working...
                              X