Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Humour

Probably an old one - but enjoy anyway:

Three men are sitting stiffly side by side on a long domestic commercial flight. After they're airborne and the plane has levelled off, the man in the window seat abruptly says, distinctly and confidently, in a loud voice, "Admiral, United States Navy, retired. Married, two sons, both surgeons."

After a few minutes the man in the aisle seat states through a tight lipped smile, "Admiral, United States Coast Guard, retired. Married, two sons, both Judges."

After some thought, the fellow in the centre seat decides to introduce himself. With a twinkle in his eye he proclaims, "Master Chief Gunnery Sergeant, United States Marines, retired. Never married, two sons, both Admirals.
    RobB

You're giving the U.S. military a bad name.

Cheers.
    TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343
      You're giving the U.S. military a bad name.

Cheers.
      No, it simply underlines the basic fact that no military service can run without Senior NCO's!

Oh, did I mention the fact I was a SNCO in the RAF?

Andy

Comment

Haven't seen that one before... Very funny!
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by exmanx

Oh, did I mention the fact I was a SNCO in the RAF?

Andy
          And I was an Able Seaman in the S A Navy. Which reminds me of the "big three" admirals during joint sea exercise, somewhere in the north Atlantic.

US Admiral - "nothin braver than a US sailor. Watch this". He summons a US matelot painting something. "Son, I want you to dive over the side, swim under water the width of the ship and come on back here and report to me". "YES SIR, YES" and he dives over the side, swims the swim, reports back shivering and out of breath. "See what I mean", says the US Admiral.

Boris, not to be outdone screams at the Ruskie matelot painting a bollard. "Yevgeny - you will dive over the stern and swim underwater the entire length of the ship and report back to me". "Da" and Yevgeny does as he is commanded. He re-appears all battered, bleeding and totally out of breath. "Nothing braver than Russian sailor" boasts Admiral Boris.

Well, Admiral Sir Clive Arthur Jones, OBE, MBE and bar - R.N. calls over Able Seaman Smith - "I say, Smith, old chap. Dive over the stern of this jolly American aircraft carrier and swim between the turning screws and then around the rudder. Report to me as soon as you are done, there's a good chap" ! "Go F*ck yerself" ! "See", says Admiral Jones - "NOTHING bolder than an English sailor.
          RobB

Comment

Working...
          X