Israel accuses BBC of anti-Semitism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel accuses BBC of anti-Semitism

Unbelievable but true. After the BBC Correspondent production of "Israel's Secret Weapon" aired this weekend, Israel accused the BBC of anti-Semitism.

Link (in German - use Google to translate):
    Die israelische Regierung bezichtigt die BBC des Antisemitismus. Anlass für die Vorwürfe gegen den britischen Sender ist ein Bericht, wonach Israel über ein stattliches Atomwaffenarsenal und über biologische und chemische Kampfstoffe verfügen soll. Außerdem habe die Armee ein unbekanntes Gas gegen Palästinenser eingesetzt.

It seems that ANY form of criticism toward Israel will earn you the title of "anti-Semitic". I wonder how they deal with the 30-40 percent of the Jewish population in Israel that also holds this so-called "anti-Semitic" view, and distrust toward the government? Perhaps they should be referred to as anti-Semitic Jews?

I applaud the BBC for it's investigation, I applaud the people of Israel who are brave enough to speak out against the corrupt aspects of the current and past regimes.

The pro-Israel lobby throughout the world has always been using this very argument to defend their country from ANY form of criticism, and with quite a success. Look at what happened to the other topic related to this documentary. A Dutchman accuses an Australian of anti-semitism just because the latter critisized Israel.

I've seen the same happening in many discussions on airliners.net. It's pathetic. It's like being called a racist just because one doesn't like Sidney Pottier as an actor or Michael Jackson as a singer.

When some years ago, after an El AL 747 came down in a suburb of Amsterdam, some Dutch newspapers and newsmagazines published articles on the alleged secret cargo this aircraft was carrying which could have caused many diseases among the victims and informing about the almost complete lack of cooperation the Official Investigation Teams got from Israel, the Israeli Government, through its Embassy in Holland, did EXACTLY the same thing, accusing the newspapers and magazines involved of antisemitism. Pathetic.

Comment

Buddy, Michael Jackson isnt black. Or white. Or anything.

Hes a freak.
      :P
      -Clovis

Comment

Racism doesn't only limit to black people, Leftseat.
        There's also such a thing as racism against white people, or Asian or South American.

Comment

When did I say that? Was just pointing out that MJ isnt really black..hes a total weirdo!

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by schoenorama
            Racism doesn't only limit to black people, Leftseat.
            There's also such a thing as racism against white people, or Asian or South American.
            (me being facetious)...But how can there possibly be racism against white people...they are the only ones that cause it.

How many times have I heard some iteration of that stupid comment. At least someone realizes that racism goes all ways.

But I digress........

IMO, the US should cut off aid to Israel. Not because we don't like them, but because they're fairly self-sufficient, and we could really use the money elsewhere. But woe to the politician that EVER suggests that. Anti-semite!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh please .. who HAVEN'T they accused of being anti-semetic....

It's just a catchcry to them ... give 100% support of be labelled as anti-semetic .. pah!

Wear the badge with pride, being anti-semetic nowadays means you have an opinion of your own and are not afraid to voice it.

ADG
              ADG
              No makeovers please .....

Comment

Great, I'm glad the Yassar Arafat Terrorist League apologists/Blame Israel fans have made their appearance.

The BBC has become something of a joke...they have become more and more left-wing and as that has occured they have not only lost viewers worldwide, but in Britain as well. I mean, these are the same people who have extolled the greatness of Fidel Castro.

Israel never blamed the BBC of being anti-Semetic, they said their coverage "borders on anti-Semeticism." What was Israel supposed to do? Shrug their shoulders and go on with their lives when these falsehoods were being presented? If you have ever read some of the main newspapers or watched major networks in Europe, you will see that there is a blame Israel first mentality. Nevermind that suicide bombers blow themselves to Allah every other day, killing innocent civilians, but it still troubles me how people could overlook this crucial fact, and constantly point the finger at the Israelis.

You wanna know a little secret about the Israel-Palestine issue? If Palestinians werent committing acts of terrorism against Israeli citizens on a daily basis, Palestine would be an independant country already with defined borders.
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1142

Comment

and if Israel wasn't stealing Palestinian land, building illegal settlements in occupied territories, bulldozing houses and killing children maybe there would be peace in the region as well.

"don't worry about American... WE CONTROL AMERICA!" - Sharon 2001/2002.

ADG
                  (never trust a man with 2 girls names)
                  ADG
                  No makeovers please .....

Comment

Originally posted by JCS17
                    If you have ever read some of the main newspapers or watched major networks in Europe, you will see that there is a blame Israel first mentality.
                    That's strange, I live in Europe and haven't yet noticed that. Must be because I'm anti-semitic, then. Seriously, Josh, most Europeans see the difference between Rabin and Sharon over here, and we don't think the suicide attacks are tolerable. Would you mind differentiating a bit more?

Comment

Originally posted by aloges
                      Originally posted by JCS17
                      If you have ever read some of the main newspapers or watched major networks in Europe, you will see that there is a blame Israel first mentality.
                      That's strange, I live in Europe and haven't yet noticed that. Must be because I'm anti-semitic, then. Seriously, Josh, most Europeans see the difference between Rabin and Sharon over here, and we don't think the suicide attacks are tolerable. Would you mind differentiating a bit more?
                      I live in Europe and I see it all the time... The entire notion of "occupied" territories started here, openly going against the 1947 UN resolution which gave them to Israel (and forgetting the Jordanian invasion of 1948 which occupied those areas and drove out the Jews to make room for illegal Palestinian settlements).
                      A mosque is damaged? Must have been a Jew.
                      A synagogue is burned? who cares?

Any Israeli action is reported as needless agression, Palestinian terrorism as justified retaliation against that.

We're sending weapons and explosives to the PLO and Hamas, officially for their "police" but in far larger numbers than they need (thousands of rifles for a few hundred "police" officers for example).

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                        and if Israel wasn't stealing Palestinian land, building illegal settlements in occupied territories, bulldozing houses and killing children maybe there would be peace in the region as well.

)
                        If those Palestinians weren't blowing up Israelis, half of that stuff wouldn't be happening. How can you accuse Israel of killing children when Palestinians blow up Israeli schoolbuses. Also, almost 50% of the Palestinians killed are combatants...that means they are fighting the Israelis, hardly innocent...this is getting out of control...I think the UN should become involved, this would be better for both sides.
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                          Originally posted by ADG

)
                          If those Palestinians weren't blowing up Israelis, half of that stuff wouldn't be happening. How can you accuse Israel of killing children when Palestinians blow up Israeli schoolbuses. Also, almost 50% of the Palestinians killed are combatants...that means they are fighting the Israelis, hardly innocent...this is getting out of control...I think the UN should become involved, this would be better for both sides.
                          It is the other way around, Palestinians blow themselves up because Israel continues to do the things ADG mentioned.

Now that both sides have agreed to a cease fire and that Isreal are starting to pull out and dismantle occupied lands, hopefully we will see peace in the near future.
                          Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Dutchman
                            It is the other way around, Palestinians blow themselves up because Israel continues to do the things ADG mentioned.

Now that both sides have agreed to a cease fire and that Isreal are starting to pull out and dismantle occupied lands, hopefully we will see peace in the near future.
                            Which confirms the extremely biassed view propagated by the leftist media that Israel is the cause of all evil in the world and should be destroyed and its people gassed in deathcamps.

The "Palestinians" have never lived peacefully in the countries hosting them.
                            They launched a campaign of terror when they were living in Jordan, causing the Jordanian army to literally drive them over the borders to finally get rid of them.
                            They then did the same in Syria, which was ended by the Syrian army when they shelled a Palestinian town of 20000 people into rubble after putting a cordon of troops around it to prevent anyone from getting out.
                            Then they did the same in Israel, which is still ongoing.
                            In Kuwait (where many were living) they took up arms against the Kuwaiti people during the Iraqi invasion, murdering many of them.

Hardly the mark of a peaceloving people, but rather the signature of a group of extremely agressive fanatics that are on a rampage and have been for decades.

Comment

My wife works on the Foreign Desk of a major newspaper, and the most complaints about that newspaper's coverage that she hears are from the pro-Israel lobby and the second most is from the pro-Palestine lobby. They all just seem to like complaining a lot. (Incidentally, most complaints stem from the use of a particular word or the tense it is used in, etc. Few complaints address the actual substance of an article).
                              AIRIGAMI.NET
                              http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X