Why is Cathay Pacific so cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Cathay Pacific so cheap?

As to not offer FF miles for us poor unfortunate folks who do not have USD$10000 to buy a business or first class ticket? Are we really that worthless?

No wonder they have so much money in the bank.

You gotta be a member of AsiaMiles to get points on an economy class flight.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
      You gotta be a member of AsiaMiles to get points on an economy class flight.
      what's the point in being a member of oneworld if you could care less about the other members of the alliance?

Comment

If your an AAdvantage Member and you fly Cathay in economy (not all of us are made of $$$$) you get a whopping 0 miles.

If you are an Asia Miles member and fly American in economy, you get 50%-100% of the miles.

Seems like all take and no give.

Comment

Actually Cathay is unbelieveablely cheap (in a good way) when it comes to flying in Business class on an AA award ticket.

Hong Kong: 85k miles
          Most of Far East: 90k miles
          Australia, Middle East & South Africa: 100k miles.

That ticket to South Africa is unbelieveable...and at some point I might have to take advantage of it!
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1142

Comment

Originally posted by JCS17
            Actually Cathay is unbelieveablely cheap (in a good way) when it comes to flying in Business class on an AA award ticket.

Hong Kong: 85k miles
            Most of Far East: 90k miles
            Australia, Middle East & South Africa: 100k miles.

That ticket to South Africa is unbelieveable...and at some point I might have to take advantage of it!
            sorry to burst your bubble josh, but not anymore

USA > HKG on CX J via AAdvantage is now 110,000 miles

USA > South Africa (Doesn' matter which airlines) is now 150,000 miles. And you can bet your $$$ that they won't let you book it via HKG.

my issue is not with the "cost" of award travel, but rather that as a member of one world, its kind of unfair for AA to give miles to CX travelers while CX doesn't give miles to AA travelers. I understand a $600 fare to Hong Kong isn't really a money maker and that they can give away nearly 19,000 miles if they went at 100% + bonus, but to give 0 is unnacceptable.

Comment

Shouldent this be in the aviation forum?

Comment

Working...
              X