Another 9/11 Theory...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 9/11 Theory...

EPHRAIM — A Brigham Young University physicist said he now believes an incendiary substance called thermite, bolstered by sulfur, was used to generate exceptionally hot fires at the World Trade Center on 9/11, causing the structural steel to fail and the buildings to collapse.

"It looks like thermite with sulfur added, which really is a very clever idea," Steven Jones, professor of physics at BYU, told a meeting of the Utah Academy of Science, Arts and Letters at Snow College Friday.

The government requires standard explosives to contain tag elements enabling them to be traced back to their manufacturers. But no tags are required in aluminum and iron oxide, the materials used to make thermite, he said. Nor, he said, are tags required in sulfur.

Jones is co-chairman, with James H. Fetzer, a distinguished professor of philosophy at the University of Minnesota of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, a group of college faculty members who believe conspirators other than pilots of the planes were directly involved in bringing down New York's Trade Towers.

(more article at link)
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

What's ALCAN's number, I need more foil!

"Please don't let them find me..."
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

well, it fits with the theory that the WTC was a controlled demolition with the planes hitting as an excuse for the collapse/demolition, and the war.

Comment

Not such a theory again

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
          well, it fits with the theory that the WTC was a controlled demolition with the planes hitting as an excuse for the collapse/demolition, and the war.
          Except for the fact that that theory is complete bullshit.
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
            Except for the fact that that theory is complete bullshit.
            dude, be prepared to accpet others opinions or you can stuff it. Did I even say I agreed with that theory? no I didnt.

Comment

dude, be prepared to accpet others opinions or you can stuff it. Did I even say I agreed with that theory? no I didnt.
              I accept their opinions. I just think that the people are nuts...
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Every person has the right to thier opinions, and thats life Herpa, i don't know if you've realised that already but your gonna meet people like that in the real world sooner or later..
                ***My Blog***

Comment

Honestly I don't fully believe the "official" story. I believe some theories are plausible while others are completely nuts. But with something of this size there bound to be people with differing points of view and disputes. Unfortunately some extreme conspiracy theories people give people with resonable theories a bad name. Hey, we aren't all nuts

My official theory is Lee Harvey Oswald was one of the pilots j/k

Now where'd I put my tin foil beenie.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                    I accept their opinions. I just think that the people are nuts...
                    So what...?

Lots of us don't buy into your beliefs either... does that make us 'nuts' too?
                    My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by A332
                      So what...?

Lots of us don't buy into your beliefs either... does that make us 'nuts' too?
                      Depends. If you believe a missile struck the Pentagon, or that the 767s that hit the WTC were government drones or remote-controlled, then you are nuts.

Comment

I call bullshit on this as well. The problem lies not with acceptance of other people's opinions, but this person is presenting this info as fact (thermite WAS used instead of MAY HAVE BEEN used). Therefore, I say bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                          I call bullshit on this as well. The problem lies not with acceptance of other people's opinions, but this person is presenting this info as fact (thermite WAS used instead of MAY HAVE BEEN used). Therefore, I say bullshit.
                          1) if your refering to me, please say so
                          2) notice the word 'theory' in my statement

Comment

I'd say he probably was referring to the nut case from the news article, not the Canadian nut case from YYZ .

Comment

The theory is complete shinanigans anyway. You have to be pretty doped up to come up with something that bad.
                              -Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X