Some hockey photos for you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some hockey photos for you....

Here's a few of the 50+ shots (some of the best ones I think) I took at the 4/1/06 Hurricanes @ Thrashers game (Yes I did have very good seats, paid for with some winnings in Vegas the previous weekend):

Thrashers pre-game skate

Some in game action:

NHL Star Ilya Kovalchuk (With goalie of the future Kari Lehtonen with the save in the background):

Carolina goalie Martin Gerber (in net after Ward was pulled about halfway in the 2nd) doing his impression of a turtle:

I hope they don't permanently adopt the blue jersey. Ugly brown/maroon is still better than ugly baby blue, lol.

I notice there are quite a few empty seats near the front. What's the usual attendance in Atlanta, and how much are the seats? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
      I hope they don't permanently adopt the blue jersey. Ugly brown/maroon is still better than ugly baby blue, lol.

I notice there are quite a few empty seats near the front. What's the usual attendance in Atlanta, and how much are the seats? Just curious.
      The "True Blue" jersey is typically worn for Saturday home games this season, with it wore a few other times during the season.

Those empty seats are in the club seating section of the arena (Pretty much one entire side of the arena is for club seats and suites), so more than likely, these are corporate season ticket holder seats).

In general, the Thrashers draw better for Friday and Saturday games. Games on any other day of the week will draw between 12,000-16,000 fans (Philips seats over 18,000 for hockey), while Friday and Saturday games will draw 16,000-18,000 easily.

Comment

good stuff, but good good are those jerseys ugly

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
          Which ones, the powder blue practice jerseys or the baby blue game jerseys? Before I got my home Thrashers jersey, I almost bought a navy blue version of the practice jersey. They even have a yellow one that could be used to signal for help.

Comment

At least the Donald Ducks of Anaheim have the purple, so they couldn't combine it with the baby blue. I think the next logical step for Atlanta would be to adopt a pink jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
              Which ones, the powder blue practice jerseys or the baby blue game jerseys? Before I got my home Thrashers jersey, I almost bought a navy blue version of the practice jersey. They even have a yellow one that could be used to signal for help.
              the game jerseys are better then the practice ones, but they're both pretty nasty. I like their regular dark away one with the big T on the front.

Comment

The classics never go out of style.

Comment

somebody should tell the canes goalie that even if he stops the puck, it still counts if he's actually standing in the net. I should know, when I started out playing hockey I played D. When the coach would tell our goalie to go "get in goal" he actually would.

and I still think the best looking jersey's I've ever seen were from the team I played Juniors with in Germany.

Comment

the game jerseys are better then the practice ones, but they're both pretty nasty. I like their regular dark away one with the big T on the front.
                    The home jersey (old away) is the one I have. I bought a brand new pro-weight one on eBay for $50 back in November (Those things retail for $199. I got mine so cheap because it was a KOHO jersey and both CCM and KOHO are now owned by Reebok, and all NHL jerseys are RBK branded.).

somebody should tell the canes goalie that even if he stops the puck, it still counts if he's actually standing in the net. I should know, when I started out playing hockey I played D. When the coach would tell our goalie to go "get in goal" he actually would.
                    He would come out from under the net when the puck would enter the neutral zone.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod

He would come out from under the net when the puck would enter the neutral zone.
                      hehe, I know. I would do the same thing sometimes after letting in a goal (so quite often). I think if he stayed in there during play I'd be calling the Canes asking for a tryout

Comment

Working...
                      X