The Real Easter Bunny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
    Looking for a used 10D or 20D, if you can help out, PM me.

I sent you a PM about this Chris................. check your PM

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
      What I mean Dale is howcome we school childern get school days off for Easter and Good Friday but not for Hanukkah? or howcome people who are Muslim get marked absent in school because there out on Eed?
      It simply is not possible to honour every holiday. Also the "religious" holidays are also statutory holidays and it's the government that decides they are holidays. Remember Remembrance Day use to be a statutory holiday and everyone got it off. Now it is a "holiday" only for government and bank workers. Another example is St Jean Baptiste Day in Quebec (June 23rd). The Quebec governement made it a statutory holiday. It is not honoured anywhere else in Canada even thought there are French people in all of the other provinces and territories.

Comment

What I mean Dale is howcome we school childern get school days off for Easter and Good Friday but not for Hanukkah? or howcome people who are Muslim get marked absent in school because there out on Eed?

I think I jumbled my words up : S What I ment to say is howcome no one makes any kind of, how you say "making people aware" that its going on? (They are on my Calender BTW). The Jo-Ho's Calender probibly doesnt have anything on it.
        It's just like that because thats what most people celebrate.
        If you went to a primarily Muslim, Hundu, Jewish country each would have holidays based on their religion.

I personally am not crazy about religion, and think that the rituals and whatnot (communion, confession, etc) are a bunch of BS. But since it's what my family has celebrated, I don't mind the traditions like Christmas trees, Easter Chocolate, etc.

Now can we all just watch the fvcking video and stop arguing with each other There is more comments about religion here than the video. The thread is abou the video!

Comment

Woops, well your right guys, I guess it all depends on timing and population. Like the Majority rules eh?
          -Kevin

Comment

or howcome people who are Muslim get marked absent in school because there out on Eed?
            That's because the law says that, "You are only permitted to have an excuse on a religious holiday in which the consonants in the name outnumber the vowels". Eed obviously doesn't apply.
            Cheers,
            A.M.
            PS. And, yes, I am full of bullsh*t and I know it.

Comment

Excellent video .

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                A big problem in NA now is how we bend over backwards to accommodate all of the newcomers to the detriment of ourselves. We allow the minority to dictate to the majority.
                That my friend is total utter BS. Although The Majority yes is Christians but at least in the USA, our forefathers made it so no religion can rule this country. Yes the Christian holidays are on the calander because a good 50-60% of the USA (and I believe Canada) are Christians. This is why most schools and work have off. I have seen schools with a Jewish body of almost 30% that had the Jewish Holidays off. It is a question of how diverse not which religion rules this country.

What really bugs me is for all those people who claim to be "Christians" and get off work. I bet 1/2 people who took off today for the holiday's don't even know what they are celebrating.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
                  I sent you a PM about this Chris................. check your PM
                  refering to the PM saying you HAVE a 10D, or you ARE a 10D?

Comment

Working...
                  X