Is China the Next U.S. Emeny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is China the Next U.S. Emeny?

Very interesting (and long) article about Chinese/American relations, possible "Cold War."

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

I would think Iran is our next country of "interest".....

Comment

I dont think we'd be dumb enough to start anything with China. Our economy would take a huge dump if they cut off trade with us. US companies would have to scramble to find new places to have stuff manufacturered. Not that we shouldn't be prepared for the worst, I think all this talk about "China could be our next enemy" is the biggest thing that is pushing us in that direction.

Comment

I just realized I mis-spelled "enemy"

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
          I just realized I mis-spelled "enemy"
          That might make you a good candidate now that the Bush admin is cleaning house

I kid....sorta

Comment

I agree with Dave.

But when he's saying its of interests. The iranians had just warned any intruders suchs as the US, Mother Russia, The Chinese..But the two last mentioned reported that they prefer dealing it in the diplomatic way, What will US do about it ?
            Read it about the Nuclear stuff on the newspaper,m since Dave brought it in, The iranians defenders will "cut off" the intruders hands off. How crazy is that. I guess that's pretty much goes as a warning eh ?
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I think I'm gonna move this into the off topic for now since its mostly political. If it turns into aircraft and such, I'll definately move it back

Comment

Okey - How will this affect the chinese airlines and the US airline connections, I bet this would affect the US airlines so bad more than the chinese counterpart.. ??
                Am i wrong ?
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Like Joe said, alot of our outsourcing is done in China. If its export growth to the US continues, the US (and China) will go out of their way to make sure there is no conflict. Furthermore, although China is supposedly Communist, it has embraced alot of capatlism's values wheras the USSR stayed mostly true to its ideological roots thus would not be like that Cold War which was in part driven by differing idealogies.

Comment

Originally posted by scramjet
                    Like Joe said, alot of our outsourcing is done in China. If its export growth to the US continues, the US (and China) will go out of their way to make sure there is no conflict. Furthermore, although China is supposedly Communist, it has embraced alot of capatlism's values wheras the USSR stayed mostly true to its ideological roots thus would not be like that Cold War which was in part driven by differing idealogies.
                    yup, I think even they consider themselves to be "red capitalists" at times. I do like what is currently going on there however in terms of human rights progress. Still a looooong way to go, but history has shown that if you take a large group of peole and suddenly give them a whole crapload of freedom, they dont know what to do with it and that could be pretty bad. They are moving in the right direction though. I think if a lot of you visited China (at least parts of it) it would be the exact opposite of what you were expecting. I know that was the case when I went to Shanghai (granted, I've heard Shanghai isn't the best picture of what all of China really looks like)

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                      I think I'm gonna move this into the off topic for now since its mostly political. If it turns into aircraft and such, I'll definately move it back
                      That was my fault too... I thought the other forum was Military & Space, didn't realize it was Military AIRCRAFT & Space. It was near the end of a very long day! Go ahead and just make me President! I'm from Texas and my real first name is George! (Paul is middle name) Scared yet?

Comment

Guess Canada is off the list since we elected the bunch of rednecks.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          I think if a lot of you visited China (at least parts of it) it would be the exact opposite of what you were expecting. I know that was the case when I went to Shanghai (granted, I've heard Shanghai isn't the best picture of what all of China really looks like)
                          Yeah, a friend of mine was there before and will be doing some sort of study abroad program there. He had much the same thing to say.

Comment

Working...
                          X