No announcement yet.

I've had enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell, I eat fast food literally everyday, sometimes burgers 2 times a day, and I'm not fat. In fact, I even have somewhat defined abs. I work out often, and because of this I don't gain unhealthy weight. I used to be fat, but my diet didn't change, just my level of activity. So I am convinced lazyness is a huge factor to all of this, so until you've tried constant exercise, don't complain that nothing works.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Let's not forget that some do have a thyroid problem- but that's only like 5% IIRC

I'm lazy, so I don't exercise much... my metabolism is fantastic though, and no matter what I scoff down, I don't really gain weight (I'm roughly 110 pounds, 170 cm)- I DID however go through a "fat period" of 2 years where I was on nerve medication- it infected the thyroid glands and I topped at 180 pounds... but as soon as I stopped, I immediately started losing weight (and I still am- now I can't stop losing weight, and that's just as bad )...

So not everyone can help being big... but most people can- and exercise wouldn't harm anyone in either case

Comment

Originally posted by janni-chan
        I DID however go through a "fat period" of 2 years where I was on nerve medication- it infected the thyroid glands and I topped at 180 pounds... but as soon as I stopped, I immediately started losing weight (and I still am- now I can't stop losing weight, and that's just as bad )...
        Reminds me of what I'm currently going through. As some probably know, I'm lactose-intolerant and hence can't eat any dairy products, or only if I take lactase pills before eating. Well, America's medications are very cheap, thankfully, so I used them on pretty much a daily basis. Only problem is that my weight ballooned faster than normal, and now I have finally decided to stop taking pills for a while and try to live without dairy products, except a pizza on saturday, and guess what, have already lost 12 pounds in less than 3 weeks, despite still eating lots of unhealthy stuff.
        I don't know what it is with medications, but when you (have to) take lots of them, it is certainly not good for your waist line .

Comment

My Idol

You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
            Of this lose weight bullshit.

Not sure how bad it is in the US/Europe/The rest of the world but here in NZ we get all these wonderful ads about people losing weight. We have a TV show "The Biggest Loser" in which fat people compete to lose weight, the person who wins the most gets money, prizes etc.

Heres my novel solution to this problem,

Don't gain the weight in the first place.

Why are we rewarding people for gaining what they put on? And broadcasting it on TV? I could be watching South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy. Something that isnt a waste of my time. My dad lost what i would guess to be about 15kg (33lbs) over the summer. Did he get a big fancy reward? Is his photo all over the newspaper and TV? NO, why not, cause he didnt pay some assholes to sit down and tell him to lose it. He just decided I need to lose some weight, then did so.

Your not special if you can manage to keep yourself in shape, its not hard to do. Only billions of people have managed to do it so dont expect a f*****g parade if you can too.

[End of rant]
            Just answer this one question: Could you live on salat and nothing else for the rest of your life?

Soren
            Regards
            Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

My ex boss was at least 400 lbs and to be truthful, disgusting to look at. I could not take him seriously at all because he had let himself go so far.

As for those of you "blessed" with a metabolism that allows you to eat/drink whatever in your relative youth, wait until you are 35 and see what happens.

Americans are the most obese group on earth, but sadly Canadians are not far behind in obesity rates. For some reason it is now apparently acceptable/cool/"with it"/whatever to be many pounds overweight in the mid teens. Thirty years ago it was not. These kids are slobs and I blame their parents. Given a choice I would hire someone who apparently has looked after themselves, instead of a pimply greasy kid that thinks he should have the job.

And yes I need to lose some weight, but am active every day.

Comment

So what are you saying Henry ? Horsemeat ? Uhm I havent tried that yet.
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  So what are you saying Henry ? Horsemeat ? Uhm I havent tried that yet.
                  As far as I know, they don't have too much fat and do not carry diseases (at least they haven't found them yet)

Comment

There was a show on about a guy that weighed something like 700 pounds. I'm sorry but that doesn't happen overnight. I'll admit there are SOME people who lack the signal from their brain that tells them when to stop eating. I think that's tragic and I can see with those people it's not really their fault. They didn't choose that. But I don't beleive that half of the US population has something wrong with that one part of their brain. People that have done this to themselves get no sympathy from me.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                      There was a show on about a guy that weighed something like 700 pounds. I'm sorry but that doesn't happen overnight. I'll admit there are SOME people who lack the signal from their brain that tells them when to stop eating. I think that's tragic and I can see with those people it's not really their fault. They didn't choose that. But I don't beleive that half of the US population has something wrong with that one part of their brain. People that have done this to themselves get no sympathy from me.
                      isnt that the dude who lived in Washington, and when he died, they had to demolish half his house, and use a forklift to get him out?

I also have an awesome metabolism, I can eat tons, and I dont gain a pound

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
                        Just answer this one question: Could you live on salat and nothing else for the rest of your life?

Soren
                        Probably not, But i know how to exercise, moderate what i eat. I bike everywhere, school, airport, town when i want to buy things. I think my metabolism is faster than usual but even if i lose that i know how to not get fat. its not the fat peopel that get to me, its those that lose the weight then parade around like they are special that really bug me.
                        Sam Rudge
                        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                          Probably not, But i know how to exercise, moderate what i eat. I bike everywhere, school, airport, town when i want to buy things. I think my metabolism is faster than usual but even if i lose that i know how to not get fat. its not the fat peopel that get to me, its those that lose the weight then parade around like they are special that really bug me.
                          All I'm saying is that its quite easy for thin people that can pretty much eat all they want, to point there fingers at fat people and say, oh just don't eat anything and exercise all day. Its so easy for you to say that they should just do this and that, its a lot harder in real life belive me. I myself have lost 70 pounds 10 years ago, and its not as easy as every one thinks it is. I didn't parade around about it but I can truely understand why some do! Setting a goal for yourself and losing the weight is a special thing for the person that does it (I'm not talking about some one losing 10 pounds but a lot more)

Imagine that every time you eat something that you actually like you know that you would have to spend 4 hours in the gym to burn it off again, remember this is every time! Or you could just eat some salat, what would you chose? Bikeing to school, the airport and to town is not gonna do it if you have problems with your metabolism.

What realy bugs me is thin people pointing fingers at fat people saying oh look they are fat because bla bla......

End of story.....

Soren
                          Regards
                          Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Ive had my weight going up a lot more than i wanted it to, I probably weight less now than i did than two/three years ago. Yes for some it is hard, but dont you think we are taking this way to far when we have TV shows, 5 advertisements per ad break, constant crap over the paper about peopel losing weight. Soon we will have had everyone whos lost some weight in an advert, cause thats the way we are heading. The occasional ad here and there is one thing. TV programs and constant bombardment just shows where our society has got too.
                            Sam Rudge
                            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Interesting article about parents potentially outliving their children.

Comment

Yeah, those of you talking about a high motabolism, I used to do the same thing. When I graduated high school, I was 5'9" 121 lbs. You could pick me up and throw me, and I'd end up sticking in the dirt like a javalin. The main reason I was so skinny was because I played hockey. In the summer we would have dryland training 2-3 times a week and in the winter we'd usually have practice 4 days a week and 1 or 2 games on the weekend. I really think that hockey is the best workout ever. Anwyay, since getting to college, my beer intake has gone down, I'm nowhere near as hungry as I used to be, but now I'm 150 lbs.

Moral of the story...everybody should play hockey because its the best sport on earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X