Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 1st is immigrantion boycott?

It is true?

Seems like everydays an immigration boycott here.

Comment

some areas are taking different views. I heard in Boston they are asking immigrants NOT to boycot, but to wear WHITE jersey's or White armbands. Otherwise you are giving people a bigger reason to be against them.

Out West where it's a bigger issue, stores and schools are closing in SUPPORT of this. The schools get Money to help teach the immagrants and yet they are allowed to walk out of school in a protest?

I heard on the News that some in S. Fla are afraid they will be gathered up and sent back so they have actually pulled their kids out of school, skipped work and even missed church. The Fed Government has said they aren't going to do that.

I wish they would send them back and put a large fence up along the border. Why should other countries wait for the process to allow them to be a citizen yet Mexicans can walk over and get everything for free.

And don't even get me going on a National Anthem in Spanish, you want that, go back to Mexico.......

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun

And don't even get me going on a National Anthem in Spanish, you want that, go back to Mexico.......
        gotta love latent racism.

Show me where it says that English is our official language. If the national anthem is in Spanish, its still going to mean the same thing, only difference is those of us who dont speak spanish aren't going to understand it. Its still goign to stand for the same things.

I think the worst thing about this whole issue, is that it shows how racism is still alive and well in this country.

Comment

Fire every single one of them who skips work today! Any school kids who skip needs a week detention! Everyone of them needs to go back where they came from and apply for citizenship the correct way

Comment

My short opinion on this is the following:
            If it is supposed to be easier to become a US resident via illegal immigration than it is by legally applying for a Green Card, I shall soon make a trip to Mexico or Canada and then cross the border, as after 10 attempts at getting a Green Card, I've about had it with that way. Second, speaking as somebody who lives in a country that is literally flooded with immigrants, mostly legal, but also lots of illegal, and mostly criminal scum, it can be said that, if too many immigrants depending on social welfare, either because their pay is below minimum or because they have no job at all, live in a country, it is sure as hell going to f*ck up the whole social system, and in the end, the tax-paying people will be p!ssed off that their money is being used to help illegal aliens, and that sure isn't gonna help acceptance of people of other races.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              gotta love latent racism.

Show me where it says that English is our official language. If the national anthem is in Spanish, its still going to mean the same thing, only difference is those of us who dont speak spanish aren't going to understand it. Its still goign to stand for the same things.
              Emu, have you read the translation, it's not the same words.....

"The Star-Spangled Banner"
              (First verse)
              O, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
              What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
              Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
              O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
              And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
              Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
              O, say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
              O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

"Our Anthem"
              (Translated from Spanish)
              Verse 1
              Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
              What so proudly we hail as night falls?
              Its stars and stripes floated yesterday
              In the fierce combat, the sign of victory
              The flame of battle, in step with liberty.
              Throughout the night it was said, "It is being defended."
              Chorus:
              Oh, say! Does it still show its beautiful stars
              Over the land of the free, the sacred flag?
              Verse 2
              Its stars and stripes, liberty, we are the same.
              We're brothers, it's our anthem.
              In the fierce combat, the sign of victory,
              The flame of battle, in step with liberty.
              Throughout the night it was said, "It is being defended."
              Chorus:
              "Oh, say! Does it still show its beautiful stars?
              Over the land of the free, the sacred flag?"

And I'm not racist because I don't want them coming in, I'm all for LEGALLY coming through just like every other country has to go through. Coming across a border and running isn't the same thing....

In France, you speak French, in Spain you Speak Spanish. In North America, you better learn to speak ENGLISH!

Comment

In France, you speak French, in Spain you Speak Spanish. In North America, you better learn to speak ENGLISH!
                You better speak Joual in Quebec!

Comment

Well, i can't say anything about this, cause i'm from a different country too, although a U.S. Citizen and went through the process and actually WAITED and didn't cross the border, i could really care less what they do in Mexica, but when they are over here, they are just eating away at the Social Security/Welfare which WE are going to be paying for just to let you know. Right now, the generation from the baby boom is also reaching the age of 65, which is retirement age, and now the social security is going to really be in danger...simple...Less young people working V.S. lots of elderly people retireing, and then comes in the mix of illegal aliens who are also living on welfare, and to some extent some of them actually really do deserve it, they are hard working people and i bet none of us would want to do what they are doing to make a living over here in this country so you have to give them praise for that. But when it comes to the criminal gangs and everything thats what really pisses me off...please don't mind this if i sound racist, but...you come here from a different country illegally...and then bully and kill other people and cause violence and then except the people here to be simpathetic to you....ain't happening...

BTW i completly agree with you DAL767-400ER
                  ***My Blog***

Comment

Emu, have you read the translation, it's not the same words.....

And I'm not racist because I don't want them coming in, I'm all for LEGALLY coming through just like every other country has to go through. Coming across a border and running isn't the same thing....

The first part wasn't why I was calling you racist...the second part is though.

In Switzerland you need to learn to speak German, French, Italian, and/or Romansh. In some parts of Canada, you need to learn to speak French and English. Learning a 2nd language really isn't that hard, especially if you're surrounded by it. I dont see why so many people are scared of it. Its not like they're going to make it so you're not allowed to speak English anymore.

Comment

I noticed today that quite a few Mexican businesses were closed today, including one of the accounts on my route today. Traffic was a little lighter than usual because not as many of the road construction projects were going on because of the boycott. Some of my accounts that I deliver to were less crowded as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                        Well, i can't say anything about this, cause i'm from a different country too, although a U.S. Citizen and went through the process and actually WAITED and didn't cross the border,

And I respect you for doing it the correct way.

Question are you a citizen now or just a resident alien?

Comment

I believe only in Quebec do they speak French and to the point they wanted to subseed from Canada.... We get their phone calls into the US when their Canadian office is closed. Some are willing to speak English, some prefer not and will call the Canadian office.

I have no problem with them speaking their native tongue in their homes or business. When you go to Chinese food restaurant, they'll speak there language to each other, but when they take your order they speak English to you. Should I have to learn Japanese to eat there?

PIAA310 did it the way everyone is expected to do it.
                          Last edited by Top_Gun; 2006-05-02, 15:50. Reason: typo

Comment

PIAA310 did it the way all everyone is expected to do it.
                            yay grammar!

Comment

I really object to illegal immigration and even more to actually giving amnesty to these people because it is a slap in the face to millions of Americans (including myself) who did it the legal way.

My family and I are from India. My father and mother grew up in villages with 1000 people in them today-no telling how many there were in the 1960s. They bought their first black and white television in 1984. My dad worked his ass off here and learned computer programming on his own time and got a job in Massachusetts and moved here in 1989. He got a damn visa, did a good job here, but ran into some difficulty so he returned. In 1991, everything clicked, and he moved back to Mass. In 1992, my mother, sister, and I spent entire days sleeping in lines waiting fora five minute interview to get a visa to move to the USA. I still remember exitting JFK in April 1992. I was 4 years old, knew an ounce of English, and nothing more. My mom knew English albeit not as much as the average American.

I'm in AP English now, and my mom reads TIME and the Wall Street Journal. We live in a four bedroom house in a pretty affluent neighborhood. I'm going to college, as my sister did. And every April 15 from 1989 to two weeks ago, my dad paid his taxes.
                              In 1995, we got our Green Cards. We went out for pizza that night. In 2000, my parents applied for citizenship. My mother got citizenship in May 2002 and my father got his US passport in November that year. I got my first US Passport in May 2003. All told, we worked countless hours making sure we're legal, law abiding citizens. Not to mention the thousands spent on forms, applications, and other formalities.

That's the American dream.

Jumping the fence at Tijuana and waiting until you get amnesty by taking the jobs "Americans don't want" isn't the American Dream- it's an easy way out and I'm ashamed my new homeland is willing to condone that. I'm all for learning Spanish (took two years of it in high school), but I don't think it's fair that those people get the same rights and privileges we get by taking the easy way out. That's cheating the system.

Deporting 11 million people is a impossible, but I don't think they deserve citizenship just for being here. And as such, I don't think they deserve free public education or any of the amenities and services that taxpaying Americans deserve.

What about us? What's the motivation for the legal people to listen to some guy at the INS's rude instructions, to pay thousands, to wait months for a stinkin Visa if we can just make it to Mexico, jump the border, live on, and wait for some soft politician to grant us amnesty? Did we really waste all our effort?

I'm a legal immigrant and I'm proud that my family had the courage to do it the legal way.

Comment

Working...
                              X