Your area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelmsford, Essex

The birthplace of radio. Just think, the technology used in airplanes everyday world wide was discovered here, round the corner from where I live infact.

Comment

Horley, Surrey, UK

Right next to LGW.

Population 20,000

They train Virgin Atlantic flight crew in the same road as I live.

If you ever take the train from Gatwick to London, Horley is the first station you'll pass, in approximately 1 minute. If your train stops at Horley, you've got on the wrong (slow) train!
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Boeing752R
        Outside of Charlotte and deep in the country.
        We enjoy cow tipping, early morn' shroom huntin', tabacky spittin, lighting cow patties on fire, bull ridin', and brawls at the local line dancin club.

The population is about 200 human, 10,000 chicken and turkey, 2,000 cow, 800 duck.

The local cops love to pull us kids over for exceeding the speed by 2 MPH and beat and mace us.

Favorite hangout would be the rodeo down the street, nothing impresses a woman more then when you can tame a bull.

I also like to makeout with random girls in the hayloft in our barn.
        Are those the kind of shrooms I think they are?
        Earl From Regina

Comment

Tucson, Arizona.

The Mecca of Aviation.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Myblock

Are those the kind of shrooms I think they are?
            Well they ain't Portobella!
            "You can run but you'll die tired."
            Semper Fidelis
            United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Manchester:

Where Mr Rolls met Mr Royce; reputed to be world's first industrial city; alleged to have built first modern computer at Manch. University. Over 50 towns/cities named after it. Err, oh yeah, Manchester United internationally renown.

Aviation:

First domestic service in Britain started 1910; home of parachute training in 2nd World War. Alcock and Brown's adopted city.

2001 Census details here:http://www.neighbourhood.statistics....REA=Manchester

Comment

Originally posted by Avianca 757
                Medellín:

Medellín is known for several things, good and bad.

DAMN RIGHT

Medellín is known for having the most going-forward-no-matter-what-happens people, as well as for being the most industrialized city here in Colombia.

HECK YEAH BABY!

Medellín is also known for having beautiful women (of that I am an eyewitness) and kind people.

BELIEVE ME I AM FROM MEDELLIN AND DAMN THEY ARE HOT!

Medellín is known for having the best public services in Latin America (water, phone, energy and that...) and for having the most strong enterprise in that field, Empresas Públicas de Medellín, EPM (through it's Internet service I am posting now). http://www.epm.net.co

YES SIR! BETTER THAN THE ONE THAT THE "ROLOS" USE

Medellín has the only Metro system that exist in Colombia, since 1995.

THE ONLY CITY IN COLOMBIA WITH A REAL METRO SYSTEM

Medellín is the birth place of lots of Airlines of Colombia, ACES, Sam, Tampa Cargo, Aerolínea de Antioquia, Searca, West Caribbean Airways (part Medellín and part San Andrés).

NO WONDER THEY ARE THE BEST AIRLINES IN COLOMBIA

For the bad, Medellín is known for having had the most deadly and powerful dug cartel, "El Cartel de Medellín", which was aniquilated in dec 1993 with the killing of Pablo Escobar.

WELL, AS FAR AS "ANIQULATED" I REALLY DON'T THINK SO BUT IS ALMOST GONE AFTER PABLO WENT DOWN.

It has also had bad periods of insecurity and bombings due to Cartel wars, but that seems to be somehow controlled now, as it's a normal city in that aspect.

HARD HARD TIMES....BELIEVE ME

Mall: Yes (lots of them!!!) EL TESORO! EL HUECO lol UNICENTRO, MONTEREY(BELONGED TO PABLO ESCOBAR), SANANDRESITO (THEY KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ) MANY MANY MORE

Weather: Average 24 degrees celsius, which some rain some days.

BEST WEATHER IN COLOMBIA

Airports: yes, It has two airports, Olaya Herrera Regional (SKMD, the Colombian Kai Tak) and Jose Maria Cordova intl (SKRG, very modern and nice airport, has won several awards).

THE "ROLOS" WERE SAYING THAT MEDELLIN WAS NOT GOING TO BE A BIG CITY THAT THEY ONLY HAD A CHEAP A** AIRPORT THAT COULD NOT HOLD MANY PLANES, AFTER THE MEDELLIN GOVERNOR TOOK CARE OF THAT AND JOSE MARIA CORDOVA WAS BORN IN SECRET BUT LOOK AT THIS IS BETTER LOOKING THATN ELDORADO AND AT LEAST DOES NOT HAVE A MOUNTAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RUNWAY

SKMD is served by Aces (until the ATR-42s are gone), Satena, West Caribbean Airways, Aires, ADA, Searca, Heliandes and lots of charter airlines, as well as private traffic.

USED TO GO WITH MY BEST FRIEND TO SEE THEM LAND.

SKRG is served by Avianca, Aces, Sam, AeroRepública, West Caribbean Airways, Copa Airlines, American Airlines and some charter ones.

EVER SEEN TAMPA? NICE PLANES, NICE HANGAR, IS JUST A GREAT AIRPORT...VERY FOGGY SOMETIME.

Location: Northwestern Colombia, 400 Km northwest of Bogotá in a state called Antioquia (Medellín is the capital of Antioquia).

ANTIOQUEñO BABY! PAISA!!!!

Areas of my interest outside: Jose María Cordova airport (40 km to the orient).

HOW ABOUT......"LA VUELTA A ORIENTE"? LA CEJA, RETIRO, JARDIN, AND ALL THOSE NICE PLACES?

Population: Almost 3 million hab.
                MOST OF THEM HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT WOMEN.

With love to all my colombian women....Andres Duque

[/quote]
                The comments with the faces were written by AndresDuque not AVIANCA.

But He knows I am right.
                (got Boeing?)

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1117

Comment

I'll take GRITS over any other women anyday..
                  Semper Fidelis

Comment

HUH?
                    (got Boeing?)

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1117

Comment

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Population: about 12 million inhabitants. It's the second largest city in Latin America, after São Paulo, Brazil (20 million). It's biggest city in Argentina and its capital.

Currency: Argentinian Peso (1 US Dollar = 2,80 Argentinian pesos)

Language: Spanish. Most of the people speak at least one foreing language (English, French, Italian or Portuguese).

Airports: Five

- Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP/SABE), which is operated by Aerolíneas Argentinas, Austral Líneas Aéreas, Dinar, Lapa, Cata and Pluna Uruguay for national flights and flights to Uruguay. AEP is just 3 km from downtown and 1 km far from home. You can get there by taxi or bus.

- Internacional de Ezeiza - Ministro Pistarini (EZE/SAEZ), which is operated by Aerolíneas Argentinas, Varig, TAM Brazilian, Grupo TACA, Lan Chile, Avianca, Copa Airlines, United Airlines, Aerocontinente Perú, American Airlines, Iberia, Lufthansa, Air France, Alitalia, British Airways and Malaysia. EZE is Buenos Aires' international airport. It's located about 40 km from downtown. You can get there by bus or taxi.

- Internacional de San Fernando (?/SADF). Although it's called 'International', SADF is only operated by private planes. It's about 20 km from downtown. You can get there by bus or taxi.

- El Palomar (PAL/SADP). Located on west suburb of 'El Palomar', PAL is a military airport only. The Argentinian Air Force museum has moved from AEP to PAL a few months ago. It's located about 50 km from downtown. You can get there by bus or taxi.

- Don Torcuato. Same as San Fernando. About 25 km from downtown. You can get there by bus or taxi.

Malls: About ten.

Subway: Yes. The "Subte" (short of "Subterráneo", Underground in Spanish) is the oldest in all the American continent. Ticket is 0,75 pesos

Buses: Yes. You can get everywhere with them. Ticket goes from 0,80 to 1,25 pesos.

Trains: You can get everywhere by train. Although some lines aren't really recommended even for locals. Ticket is 0,50 pesos.

Weather: There's not a rainy season. Temperature goes from 5 to 15ºC during the winter (June-September) to 25 to 33ºC during the summer (December-March).

Culture: There are a lot of cinemas, libraries, book shops and theatres. Buenos Aires is called 'the South American Paris' due to all its cultural life.
                      Aerolíneas Argentinas, como tiene que ser.

Comment

Originally posted by AndresDuque
                        HUH?
                        Look it up.
                        Semper Fidelis

Comment

Grand Forks, ND; USA

Grand Forks, North Dakota; USA

Population: ~50,000

Located about 90 miles south of Canada on the border between North Dakota and Minnesota.

Elevation: 845MSL

Known for being cold and in the middle of nowhere.

Airport: Grand Forks 'International' Airport. I put international in quotation marks because its only because we have customs cause we're close to Canuckistan. The airport is home to UND Aerospace (the reason I'm here)

[photoid=109912]

Weather: Sucks. Cold as balls in the winter (actually colder), and it can get pretty warm in the summer. We get both extremes because we're nowhere near any bodies of water.

Subways: No
                          Light Rail: No
                          Busses: Yes

Malls: 1 (well....its actually like .75, we have one 'real' mall, but its tiny, so it only counts as .5, and then we have this one mall that makes K-mart seem classsy, so thats the .25)

Favorite Hangout: Uhh...basically my dorm. The only things to do in Grand Forks are drink, have sex, and fly. And unfortunately I'm under 21, fell out of the ugly tree, but I do fly (thats why I'm here)

Overall, I love the school here, but as a college student, there's really not much to do here. I think it would be a good place to raise a family because there's not much violent crime. North Dakota has 75% of the world's meth labs I've heard, but those are mostly out in the middle of nowhere. In the winter, people leave their cars running outside of stores (because otherwise it gets cold damn fast in there), and they're always there when they come back out. I've heard the schools are good, and if you're a hockey fan/player, this is the place to be. With the University of North Dakota, Fighting Sioux playing in the brand new 90 million dollar arena, to great high school hockey. They also turn the soccer fields in the city parks into outdoor rinks when it gets cold enough.

Comment

EVER SEEN TAMPA? NICE PLANES, NICE HANGAR, IS JUST A GREAT AIRPORT...VERY FOGGY SOMETIME.
                            Yes I see Tampa everyday, those DC-8s have to be the best taken care of
                            in the whole market....they seem like new (although Tampa is getting 4 767-200Fs June next year).
                            I also see Arrow Air, Aerolíneas Suramericanas, AeroSucre, Gemini Air Cargo (on behalf of Tampa) and Atlas Air Cargo, but very seldom those days (the Atlas one).

I didn't include them as they weren't scheduled pax, but well, now you see the Cargo ones....

Comment

Working...
                            X