Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

I've have been using IE 7 B 2 for about a month now, and I must say that it is a very nice browser. Albeit it has some quarks because it is in beta stage, but over all it's a nice platform.

It has tabbed browsing, similar to FF. I like the new font that it replaces from IE 6. Over all I must say that I will be looking forward to the final release from MS, our favorite company on the planet .

I'd recommend that some people give it a try, if you are comfortable using a beta program.

Later.
    Cam

(PS - I'm sorry this report isn't as good as Alain's....his are on a biblical level)
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

what a peice of shit.
    -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
      what a peice of shit.
      What kind of answer is that Kev-o?

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
        What kind of answer is that Kev-o?
        lol, well what else would you expect? hahaha

Im not up to giving it a chance in hell. Doesnt appeal to me.
        -Kevin

Comment

I used FF for about two months...but I like this platform better. It looks better and I like how it runs...

How bout dem apples...

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
            I used FF for about two months...but I like this platform better. It looks better and I like how it runs...

How bout dem apples...
            Is it fast? does it crash?
            -Kevin

Comment

Is it fast? does it crash?
              More important:

Is it secure??????

Or does it give hackers another open access to our systems???
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuse
                More important:

Is it secure??????

Or does it give hackers another open access to our systems???
                Thats a good question...
                -Kevin

Comment

Is it embedded in the operating system so it will take half of Windows with it as soon as it crashes for whatever reason? Can I personalise it with a boatload of themes, extensions and gadgets? Can I use AdBlock with it?

OK, I think I know what I'm keeping.

Comment

what a peice of shit.
                    i'd agree with your comments! i had it for 2 days and found it was a drain on resources and slow, alot harder screening photos with IE so i'll stick with FF.

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Loyal to FF. even though the IE is only a beta.

Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I tried IE7 Beta One. I had a 2 day honeymoon period with it where I had no glitches. But when I tried downloading something, the thing went nuts on me. I had to hit the power switch to turn it off.

I tired IE7 Beta Two on my dad's PC. It crashed, but I managed to ctrl+alt+del my way out of it. It took two minutes to fully close, which is les time than it takes for my PC to reboot.

And what's up with that overzealous popup blocker? If I click on something, that means I want the window to open. It's not a popup if I actually want the window. I hope someone in Redmond got fired over that. Sheesh.

Verdict: Default Browser remains Firefox

Comment

The main problem I have with it is that the javascript on flightaware.com, where you type in part of the airline name and it gives you a popup with choices, doesn't work, I just have to type the URL direct. Fortunately, I only use IE for sites which don't work in Netscape (which is very few)

Comment

I've been using IE for a looong time , hahaha i have no problem with it....again, i could care less about wat type of browser i have as long as it gets me on the internet and its safe....
                            ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                              I've been using IE for a looong time , [...] as long as it gets me on the internet and its safe....
                              There you have it, IE is not safe and it's called the Internet Exploder for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X