No announcement yet.

Marital Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heehe what a buncha geeks! Most of you are single...... like me I always think I'm getting somewhere with a girl and then....nothing and I mean nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
      ahhh good to know that you can (presumably) walk again, mind sharing the story?
      This says it all.....................

Btw, Greg Wilson frankly i dont give a **** what think about me. There always has to be one person in a crowd and you have to be that person
      Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Originally posted by Ansett
        English term meaning old. Yeah thought i might pop back in after a hectic 2mths in hospitial learning to walk again I liked that nurse............
        This says it all.....................

Btw, Greg Wilson frankly i dont give a **** what think about me. There always has to be one person in a crowd and you have to be that person
        Well mate you just might give a rats what I think after this……………

The photos you posted were taken from here…http://www.inthejob.com/nsw5.html ......bottom row of pictures.
        As the web site says Lower Hunter highway car hit by coal train
        The two pictures

And just to round it off the article in the Newcastle Herald
        Pub: Newcastle Herald
        Pubdate: 06-Feb-2006
        Edition: Late Section: News
        Subsection:
        Page: 15
        Wordcount: 216

Police escape rail death by seconds
        By PAUL MAGUIRE
        A MAITLAND police officer has escaped death by seconds by abandoning his $50,000 patrol car just before it was hit by a coal train.
        The Holden Commodore highway pursuit vehicle, stuck on old level crossing tracks near Lochinvar early on Saturday, was wrecked by the train, which pushed it 400 metres.
        Lower Hunter duty officer Craig Jackson said yesterday he was relieved the officer and his partner, who had left the vehicle moments earlier to chase two car thieves, were uninjured.
        Chief Inspector Jackson said both officers were back on duty yesterday.
        The train crash was a dramatic end to a pursuit that began at 2.45am on Saturday.
        Two male constables tried to stop a Commodore with stolen numberplates at Metford.
        The Commodore sped off and was driven down several rural roads to Kurri Kurri before heading back along Winders Lane, Lochinvar.
        The Commodore crossed two sets of railway tracks on the gravel road and hit a dirt embankment.
        Two men jumped from the car and ran off.
        The police car hit the first set of tracks and became stuck.
        The train driver, towing 80 empty coal wagons, braked heavily but was unable to stop hitting the patrol car.

Caption:
        CRUSHED: The police car hit by the train.

Copyright Newcastle Herald
        PO Box 510
        Newcastle, NSW 2300
        My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Oh my oh my ... I believe Ansett have some explanations to do...

@ Ansett, Are you really a cop ?
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
            Oh my oh my ... I believe Ansett have some explanations to do...

@ Ansett, Are you really a cop ?
            This may be an off topic forum, but frankly, I think you people can take this outside this thread.

I'm sick of people's Ansett witchhunt. He may not be telling the truth, but this is an internet forum for god's sake. Who cares? This thread is about your status.... (no, this was not directed at you, John. But please take this somewhere else)

I'm well on the way to be considered "taken"

Comment

^^You're right.... Im done about that.
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Greg, are you a detective or something? I do believe we should give Anset an opportunity to set the record straight, but I gotta say that if he was infact making this up, its really a shame. You gotta have issues if you have to misrepresent yourself on the internet to boost your self esteem.

Comment

Janni
                  And it was our Ansett that hijacked the thread to my reply of being married.
                  To you it may just be an internet forum,but can you tell me why we need to allow such blatant rubbish.
                  Surely we owe it to other members to keep it honest.
                  Hardly a witchunt............I doubted his truth a few times and he decided to try again.
                  I can hardly believe that you would think it better to have him/her lie to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
                    Janni
                    And it was our Ansett that hijacked the thread to my reply of being married.
                    To you it may just be an internet forum,but can you tell me why we need to allow such blatant rubbish.
                    Surely we owe it to other members to keep it honest.
                    Hardly a witchunt............I doubted his truth a few times and he decided to try again.
                    I can hardly believe that you would think it better to have him/her lie to you.
                    To be honest, I don't really care I trust a very small amount of people on the internet- because it IS the internet... you can be whoever you want, and if you get a kick out of telling everyone that you're a cop even if you aren't, that's up to you

I prefer to stick to the truth. But you can't trust other people to do the same.

Comment

yeah, I think I'm going to agree with Greg here. Having people who are full of s**t reduces the quality of the forums because you dont know if what you're reading is true or not. Sadly, there is no way of verifying whether or not somebody really is what they say they are.

Unless its someone on here claiming to be a pilot. Its quite easy for someone who does know a lot about aviation to spot a fake, but with something that most people here dont know a whole lot about, like being a police officer, its harder to raise the BS flag.

Comment

Hey Joe
                        I hope you have read the last few posts.
                        He claims to have been in hospital learning to walk again as a result of the accident,then posts pictures of the accident.
                        Now the newspaper article clearly states the 2 cops were not in the car when the train hit and returned to work the next day.
                        I have a lot more information on that accident that I do not need to bother with here.
                        No not a cop mate....ex army.I find it increasingly difficult in the modern era that the guilty party often seems to be the one hard done by.
                        This is our forum mate so why put up with crap?

Janni ....you logic is flawed.....i'll tell Ansett to PM you for a chat

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
                          Hey Joe
                          I hope you have read the last few posts.
                          He claims to have been in hospital learning to walk again as a result of the accident,then posts pictures of the accident.
                          Now the newspaper article clearly states the 2 cops were not in the car when the train hit and returned to work the next day.
                          I have a lot more information on that accident that I do not need to bother with here.
                          No not a cop mate....ex army.I find it increasingly difficult in the modern era that the guilty party often seems to be the one hard done by.
                          This is our forum mate so why put up with crap?

Janni ....you logic is flawed.....i'll tell Ansett to PM you for a chat
                          yup, been reading the whole post and I agree with you completely Greg

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            yeah, I think I'm going to agree with Greg here. Having people who are full of s**t reduces the quality of the forums because you dont know if what you're reading is true or not. Sadly, there is no way of verifying whether or not somebody really is what they say they are.

Unless its someone on here claiming to be a pilot. Its quite easy for someone who does know a lot about aviation to spot a fake, but with something that most people here dont know a whole lot about, like being a police officer, its harder to raise the BS flag.
                            I do agree... but personally, I'm getting sick of someone making a remark about Ansett's identity EVERY time he posts... even in threads like this where it has absolutely no relevance...

Yes, this post was extremely fishy and even I doubt he's telling the truth now... but even if it turns out that he isn't what are you gonna do? Ban him for lying? Claiming that you're someone you aren't isn't against the forum policies, even if it does lower the quality of the forum. Even if it's obvious that he's lying, why not just ignore him? I think almost everyone knows that some people suspect him of lying.

Then again, WHO is telling the truth here? Am I really who i say I am? Is Greg? Is John? Is AJ? Are you? (just naming random users here- I do trust the Emwoo though )

There's no way you can tell for sure anyway... we could all be a bunch of liars, that's the "beauty" of the internet

I find it annoying when people lie... but you can't really do anything (and really- WHO hasn't told some type of lie over the internet? Just a small, harmless one? I think most people have), so why bother?

Not that I say they should get away with it though... but I doubt he'll stop. I'd rather ignore him...
                            Last edited by janni-chan; 2006-05-23, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu

Totally agree,and Janni in a round about way I can almost see what you are saying.
                              It is true that we will never know in some instances what is or is not BS.
                              This has not been a witchunt.......his/her BS over the period of 6 months was so flawed that it took no time at all to pick the holes.
                              But when you do see BS geez you have to call it..........or I don't care for this site.

Comment

Originally posted by janni-chan
                                but even if it turns out that he isn't what are you gonna do? Ban him for lying?
                                sure, I dont have a problem with that. I knwo in some circumstances, lying about who you are is actually illegal. And if it isn't against the rules here, it should be. I dont see how the internet should be any different than normal life. Be who you say you are, say who you really are, and treat people like you do in normal life. The minute people stop doing that, forums become absolutely useless.

Even though most of us use this forum to socialize, that is not its primary purpose. The primary purpose is to talk about aviation. If someone is willing to lie about who they are, or their other experiences, then do their contributions on the subject matters discussed really hold any weight? I'm going to say that it doesn't. And if that's the case, why should we keep them around? What else might they be lying about? Against the rules, no...at least not yet, but to me it really raises some questions about that person. To me, integrity is an extremely important part of a person. If somebody doesn't have it, then I probably wont think of them very highly...probably my main issue with the current "leadership" in this country...but that's best saved for a different thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X