Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got into an accident...(just what i need ..not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atleast it wasnt the Jetta.
    -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
      This was also a 4 way stop my friend got hit at. The rule is you always refer to your right side of the car.

When you have all 3 or 4 cars arrive at once you look to the right, and allow the right car to go. He/she must allow his right to go first too, unless one is waved on ward. If a car leaves a stop sign and smashes into the car on his or her right the person that hit the car is at fault because again you refer back to the right side of the car.

When my friend got hit, there were 3 cars at the 4 way stop sign. He arrived at first and was farthest to the right because he had no car on his right side so he had the right of way. 2 other cars arrived right after he did. He proceeded to go on, and the two other cars should have wait. The girl who was on his left side, had also stopped but contuined on and smashed into his left side. She was deemed at fault for not allowing him the right of way and had to pay for all damages.

This is why I refuse to go near 4 way stop signs

Alex
      OMG, I totally forgot about all that stuff. *remembers road test* I think it is too the left though, not right.

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
        Man if it was me I wouldn't do that. I would go to another body shop ask for a quote, and then go to him and ask for his quote and compare the differences. I still dont think he should be charging you a dime if he refuses to pay for the car of any point make his insurance do so. It was his fault, plain and simple.

I do realize 4 way stop signs are a bit different but still it shouldnt be that way.
        Alex
        Yeah i think i'm going to do that, but if he was at fault which he was, how would i go about making HIS insurance pay??

Originally posted by ACman
        Atleast it wasnt the Jetta.
        haha yeah ACman, really glad it wasn't, although the collision coverage on that would have taken care of everything..
        ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
          Yeah i think i'm going to do that, but if he was at fault which he was, how would i go about making HIS insurance pay??

Subrogation

Your insurance company will pay for your damages then go back on his insurance company to repay them for the expense of fixing your car.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
            OMG, I totally forgot about all that stuff. *remembers road test* I think it is too the left though, not right.

what KCMH said but it also depends on your insurance company too. Mine states we must get the partys insurance and when we get our car fixed as kcmh said they will either sue or report the damage to the partys fault insurance and theyw ill pay for the damage back to the insurance company.
            Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

yeah, its probably that you have to claim it, and then get your car fixed and then get on the ass of the other persons insurance and battle it out with them, we'll see what happens tommrow, and see if the guy gives me a good price or not..
              ***My Blog***

Comment

You should always yield to the person on your right at a 4 way stop sign if 2 or more people arrive at about the same time.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

yeah, you should give the right of way when you and the other car arrive at the same time, the person to the right should go first...

Anyways, i didn't get a call from that guy yet, and i don't think i'm going to, so do you guys think a letter by a lawyer is in hand here??
                  ***My Blog***

Comment

yeah, you should give the right of way when you and the other car arrive at the same time, the person to the right should go first...

Anyways, i didn't get a call from that guy yet, and i don't think i'm going to, so do you guys think a letter by a lawyer is in hand here??
                    Well first thing is first. Did you exchange insurance + personal info? That is supposed to be the first thing you do after a accident. I would call up his insurance and file a report and give them info about the accident and what happened. I have always thought of it easier when you just contact their insurance yourself.

Comment

yup, i have all the info i need, there was no damage what so ever to his truck, so i don't think he'll even need repair, but if i call his insurance, does that mean that my insurance will go up too?? Since they will most likely call my insurance company..
                      ***My Blog***

Comment

yup, i have all the info i need, there was no damage what so ever to his truck, so i don't think he'll even need repair, but if i call his insurance, does that mean that my insurance will go up too?? Since they will most likely call my insurance company..
                        No the accident was not deemed your fault so his insurance will go up but not yours. you have nothing to worry about it.

Insurance only goes up when you hit something as a driver or it was your fault in a car accident.
                        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Working...
                        X