This should definitely be a capital crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should definitely be a capital crime

Okay, I'm driving on the left lane. The speed limit is 55, and I'm pulling 65 on a divided highway. And then....some idiot in a new pickup truck takes a right turn from a neighborhood and gets straight to the left lane. Okay, not a problem. He'll get up to speed in no time, and hey...no need to lose lunch over petty issues. But this guy's too good to obey years of established traffic laws. He decides do go no more than 40 miles an hour on the left lane on a road with 55 speed limits. Seriously, I'm sure ancient Egyptian pyramid-builders moved a lane to the right when the guy behind then hauled their brick faster.

I flash my highbeams-move the hell over! No dice. So I decide to go to the right and pass him since he's a moron. A Mercedes convertible was pulling ahead, so I let him pass and get in the right lane. Then the stupid Mercedes slows down to 45. Now that I'm completely boxed in, I go back left and drive behind Mr. AboveTheRules for a few miles before my left turn comes up. He had to stop at the light as I did. And what did I see? This idiot is yapping away on his cell phone.

Really, people need to learn to do this in their own homes or on the shoulder. When I'm on the phone while driving I'm always on cruise, usually in the right lane, and doing at least the speed limit. This guy was so stupid he deserves the worst punishment I can mete out on the internet.

Why were you in the left lane and not actively passing?
    My photos on jp.net

Comment

Here in CT they made it "illegal" to talk on the phone and drive (i guess you just get a ticket for it if a cops catches you), so everyone started getting these little hands free ear things. So now you have all these people walking around looking like tools, becase they just leave the things on from the car.

I don't see why people need to yap all the time in the car, if someone calls you, and you are driving, just call them back later.

Comment

Originally posted by PortColumbus
        Why were you in the left lane and not actively passing?
        Because I was 'actively passing' cars that were doing around 55 well before the guy cut me off. If no one's behind you and you're doing 65, there's no reason to keep switching into the slow lane for 100 yards and back to pass, then back to the slow lane.... After the pickup cut me off, I couldn't do anything for a couple of miles since the Mercedes and pickup boxed me in.

@A320: Georgia needs a law like that. My dad had one of those wireless things for his old phone, and he looked like a loon since it looks like he's talking to himself!

Comment

Just use the POV lane like everyone else Was the guy wearing a Yellow jacket?
          Wayne Dippold

Comment

Originally posted by eagle334
            Just use the POV lane like everyone else Was the guy wearing a Yellow jacket?
            I live in Georgia. The people here worship Jesus, their Mama, and then their personal SUV. HOV lanes in downtown are only on the interstate and they've been around only for a decade or so.

And I'm sure given his intelligence, he's far more likely to be a UGA grad

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
              And I'm sure given his intelligence, he's far more likely to be a UGA grad
              watch it, bud
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

Originally posted by northerner2121
                watch it, bud
                Ah, the plot thickens.

Well it's true, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                X