Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about car tuning ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta say, thers a fine line between rice and tuning. Rice = Suck.

I totally support the gov'ts proposed plan of 5 years imprisonment and a LIFE TIME ban on driving for any one caught racing...Regardless of of any damage caused to any propery/individuals, 10 years if someone is killed. I hope it will propapgate though other countries Canada shares driving agreements with.

A person seriously has to have rocks in their head to think it's a good idea....While it may be 2, 3 or 4am, you don't know what's around the next corner. A Drunk about to stumble across the street? A husband rushing his pregnant wife to a hospital? A doctor going to save a life? Do society a favour, wrap yourself around a pole insted of a family if you think it's a good idea.

And slightly of topic ...

Is this thread a joke? I find it funny you bring up this thread just after husband and wife were killed in Toronto because of idiots street racing.

Looks like fun!

Comment

Here's my point of view on the whole thing. Tuning is pretty cool, howevevr, I must qualify that statement. There are three situations where tuning can actually make you into a bigger tool than you already are.

1) You have to start out with a nice car that already has considerable performance (ie, supra, skyline, etc). People who tune things like Honda Civics and such are probably the biggest tools out there. These cars wont be fast, even if you drove them off a cliff.

2) Dont just fix up the outside. To me, putting new rims on your car, putting stickers all over it and putting a wing on the back (especially if it's front wheel drive) without making any actual improvements to performance puts you in the "talk the talk, but can't walk the walk" category.

3) This is probably the most important part. The second you put somebody else at risk because you're being an idiot, you should have your car taken away. If you need to race, find a track somewhere. Join a car enthusiast group. Quite often they'll find a track nearby, split the costs of using it and race without putting anybody else at risk.

Comment

I agree with Emu and Genessee. Most people, especially college kids do nothing that will affect the performance of their car, but instead only add glitzy crap to the exterior. Then, they take their loud (in more than one way) noisy "wheels" and drive it across campus, music blaring, at the magnificent speed of 25 mph (because they are afraid of the cop who knows their name all too well busting them again) trying to pick up chicks. We just stand and laugh.

As for street racing, it's just stupid. For more than one reason too. First, you can very easily kill somebody. It takes all of 2 seconds for some street racing turd to end a life (his own or somebody else's). Second, street racing in the middle of the night is sure to attract gang attention. You never know when some local gang will show up guns blazing trying to kill people racing on "their turf".

All you guys going on about "sick cars", the only thing sick about taking those cars and street racing is the person you will hit, and your moronic mentality.

Join a club, stay off the roads. There are enough women on the road without street racers adding to the problem.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

"I'm a cop and I will bust all the racers and tuners" ahahahah I voted cause im a prick.

Its ok, im not that intrested but there are some cars which are awesome, and ithers which look like total shit. Like the modded 350Z, which is a peice of shit anyway.
          -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
            Patrick... That sick Acura one looks okey on the exterior.. but when I saw the interior, I think that was abit too much stuff in there.. or maybe its just me..... Sick car nonetheless..

Saw the specs though..
            And nice bodywork too , love the front section....
            I wonder how much this ride costs
            As I said i like car tuning but I do not prectice street racing

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              Here's my point of view on the whole thing. Tuning is pretty cool, howevevr, I must qualify that statement. There are three situations where tuning can actually make you into a bigger tool than you already are.

1) You have to start out with a nice car that already has considerable performance (ie, supra, skyline, etc). People who tune things like Honda Civics and such are probably the biggest tools out there. These cars wont be fast, even if you drove them off a cliff.

2) Dont just fix up the outside. To me, putting new rims on your car, putting stickers all over it and putting a wing on the back (especially if it's front wheel drive) without making any actual improvements to performance puts you in the "talk the talk, but can't walk the walk" category.

3) This is probably the most important part. The second you put somebody else at risk because you're being an idiot, you should have your car taken away. If you need to race, find a track somewhere. Join a car enthusiast group. Quite often they'll find a track nearby, split the costs of using it and race without putting anybody else at risk.
              Couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by indian airlines
              Join a club, stay off the roads. There are enough women on the road without street racers adding to the problem.
              I suppose you just got yourself a brandnew asbestos suit, huh . Not that I would disagree .

Oh and as far as "don't race on public roads" goes, that doesn't apply to the German Autobahn . Oh, if only my dad's Corvette was drivable...

Comment

Its pretty awesome to watch, I live in the rice-rocket capital of the US. Most of the kids at my school either have a rice rocket or a scraper.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                  I agree with Emu and Genessee. Most people, especially college kids do nothing that will affect the performance of their car, but instead only add glitzy crap to the exterior. Then, they take their loud (in more than one way) noisy "wheels" and drive it across campus, music blaring, at the magnificent speed of 25 mph (because they are afraid of the cop who knows their name all too well busting them again) trying to pick up chicks. We just stand and laugh.

As for street racing, it's just stupid. For more than one reason too. First, you can very easily kill somebody. It takes all of 2 seconds for some street racing turd to end a life (his own or somebody else's). Second, street racing in the middle of the night is sure to attract gang attention. You never know when some local gang will show up guns blazing trying to kill people racing on "their turf".

All you guys going on about "sick cars", the only thing sick about taking those cars and street racing is the person you will hit, and your moronic mentality.

So Tanuj i see that Corolla isn't beating anything but a snail out of that light these days then haha kidding bud.

Anyways, yeah street racing is just stupid do it on an open highway if you have to or just beat some one out of the light to get your satisfaction that you showed off some person (which you probably didn't anyway) If you want to drive fast, take it to a track and do it there and get your numbers on the your car while your at it too which won't be too impressive for the people here :P hehe ....
                  ***My Blog***

Comment

I used to into cars until fall of 2004, but I still in cars because I know everything about cars such as Subaru, G35, VW, and other.

I dont want to tuning my car to street racing, and make as ricer.

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
                      I used to into cars until fall of 2004, but I still in cars because I know everything about cars such as Subaru, G35, VW, and other.
                      ^^ That's good ^^
                      I am glad to hear that not only I am a car lover here. I would even risk to say that cars are more fun than airplanes *looking around, scarred not to get beaten up* just cause you can afford a car, you can mod it and you can do more things in the car than in airplane

Comment

Oh.. That makes the three of us...
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                          Oh.. That makes the three of us...
                          Of course I bet there are more car lovers here Just scarred to admit that

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                            ^^ That's good ^^
                            I am glad to hear that not only I am a car lover here. I would even risk to say that cars are more fun than airplanes *looking around, scarred not to get beaten up* just cause you can afford a car, you can mod it and you can do more things in the car than in airplane
                            Only I can go on vacation in the planes such as Cancun, Las Vegas, Hawaii, and etc in the world.

Planes and cars are differnet.

I mean travel is more fun than mods the car alot.

I am not mods on my car, and only I can put a little things.

Do you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
                              Only I can go on vacation in the planes such as Cancun, Las Vegas, Hawaii, and etc in the world.

Planes and cars are differnet.

I mean travel is more fun than mods the car alot.

I am not mods on my car, and only I can put a little things.

Do you agree?
                              Well yea. Actually it depends. Like i prefer travelling by car, as you can visit more places, have fun driving, especially whe nwith friends. LOL you will never hear that much stories as when you'r going somehwere with buddies

However i don't have a choise when travelling to europe. I don't mod my car as it looks cool as it is (check out the "exploring Toronto' thread).

Airplanes are fun to watch, cars are fun to drive

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                                Of course I bet there are more car lovers here Just scarred to admit that

oh no no! i'm admitted it when i posted multiple pictures of my car haha
                                ***My Blog***

Comment

Working...
                                X