ROAD TRIP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROAD TRIP!!!

Well, me cousin drove to Atlanta from MIami, and we kinda got talking, and somehow, we got to the point of planning a road trip. So, I need suggestions on where to go? My cousin and I came up with a few, so I'll just put them under this. If you guys have any other tips/destinations, PLEASE tell me.

1. Fly ATL-SFO
    Road trip route: San Francisco, CA to Vancouver, BC

2. From Atlanta, GA to New York, New York

3. From Atlanta, GA to Toronto, ON via Detroit, MI

4. Fly ATL-MIA
    Road trip route: Miami, FL to Cape Canaveral, FL

5. Atlanta, GA to San Francisco, CA via Los Angeles, CA

My cousin, who's 25 seems to be up for all those, We're still kinda planning, so I don't know how it will go. ONce again, If you can think of a better (or more interesting route), please tell me. Also, tell me whjich route is the best one out of the five that are above.

Thanks a LOT,
    ATLcenter

How much time do you have? I have driven from ATL-PHL, its an ok trip, nothing too special about it. If you have some $$, why not fly to Colorado or South Dakota and take a midwestern road trip, driving to Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, the Rockies, etc.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I'd go to Toronto via Detroit one way and via Niagara Falls the other way. I wouldn't spend the night at the falls, but at least stop for a couple hours and look at the thing. That's what we did.

have fun,

Mike
      Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
      lp.org

Comment

The max time I have is my Christmas hols, which is about 2 weeks, 4 days.

Comment

Go for Toronto, it will be a lot of fun!
          Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij

Comment

Re: ROAD TRIP!!!

Originally posted by ATLcenter
            1. Fly ATL-SFO
            Road trip route: San Francisco, CA to Vancouver, BC
            My vote goes to the San Francisco, CA to Vancouver, BC road trip. Although I have not done this road trip myself, it is one I plan to do sometime in the future. I am familiar with the Oregon coast and there is much beauty and interesting things to see all along the Oregon coast.
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I also vote for the San Francisco to Vancouver. That area of the US is so beautiful. Plus you get to go through San Francisco, Seattle, Portland and Vancouver. They are cool cities, my mom said Oregon was the most beautiful place she has ever been in the US. She was going on a roadtrip from B.C. and was gonna try and get to Norther Cali, they never got there though because they loved Oregon so much. The Toronto one is also a good one. Toronto needs all the tourists it can get, don't worry about SARS, it was basicly a myth perpetuated by the media.
              Earl From Regina

Comment

Actually, I've been to San Francisco, Seattle, and Vancouver. My cousin has never been to the Pacific Northwest, and he really wants to see it. Also, we're both hopelessly lost in our dreams with California (On my speakers right now: California Dreamin followed by Hotel California). And I've never been to Oregon, so that maybe nice. Alos, I have enough skymiles for a free trip, so I guess I'd better ask for CA-BC!

Btw, we're going over Christmas...will that be a good time?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                  Btw, we're going over Christmas...will that be a good time?
                  As for the weather, around Christmas time is about the middle of the rainy season. There won't be much blue sky and sunshine, but there is the chance of a big storm coming in off the Pacific. Some people LOVE being at the coast when a big storm comes in, so they can watch the big waves and the winds and rain. Most of the time it is just cloudy with some light drizzle, so it is still possible to get out and enjoy the coast.

For the best weather, between July and September is the season with the best chance of sunshine and clear days along the coast.
                  Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Well, it seems to San Francisco-Vancouver gets my vote too! But we're going in December, so...should be a uh...nice roadtrip (hopefuly

Comment

ATLCenter, to save some cash I might suggest you might fly into Portland, Oregon (PDX) and rent a car there. There is a 38% tax in rental cars in Seattle plus Washington's sales tax. California has a large tax on rental cars as well. Of the three West Cost states Oregon has the lowest taxes on rental cars. Just a little tip to save money.

Also here is another dumb, but money saving idea. Buy a chaep (2K and under) used car from a local dealer. That way your car insurance will cover you (Up to 30 days) and you can sell the car back to the dealer when are done with it. I have done this many times and it has worked out well for me. Then again I know my way around cars. Stupid cars I hate cars...

Comment

You should do LA-Vancouver up Highway 1 in Ca. Last summer I did San Francisco-LA and in the Big Sur area the CA. coast is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                          You should do LA-Vancouver up Highway 1 in Ca. Last summer I did San Francisco-LA and in the Big Sur area the CA. coast is beautiful.
                          Yeah, I know, that's what I wanted to do, but my parents cut me short...we have relatives in SFO, and we MUST be picked up by some one who knows the place....

Comment

Working...
                          X