Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven Harper is God like - Come ye hither Canadians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
    I have waited so long to post this, so here goes!

Lord liftin you are obnoxious today!!! That picture combined with the caption is thoroughly offensive.

You do not have to agree with Harper's policies, but unlike Mr Dithers his predecessor he is moving fast on a number of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
      That picture combined with the caption is thoroughly offensive.

You can't go through life without offending some people. Quite frankly, as a vegetarian, walking into 99% of restaurants upsets me. And the People for the Eating of Tasty Animals spinoff? Arrogance. But you deal with it.

As for Harper, I seriously thought Canada made a huge mistake when Martin left. But as time goes on, I've come to like Harper because he recognizes the importance of Canadian-American trade. Neither nation ought to give the other the finger, though my country is quite renowned for it. Fixed election, I'm afraid, are horrible because it guarantees a spot for public servants. If we could move to vote out Mayors, Representatives, Senators, and governors who make bullshit promises but don't keep them, this place would be a lot better. Politicians would have to answer to the people who voted them in.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
        Hey Alex, theres a box of tissue for you!
        -Kevin

Comment

[QUOTE=ATLcenter]

You can't go through life without offending some people. Quite frankly, as a vegetarian, walking into 99% of restaurants upsets me. And the People for the Eating of Tasty Animals spinoff? Arrogance. But you deal with it.
          QUOTE]

True, but picking on a group that through no fault of their own are mentally challanged is about as low as one can go. Do you supposed that little boy is happy that he is being ridiculed as a "poster child" for someone's smart ass comments? Mental illness and deficiency is not something most people have any control over. You on the other hand can frequent only granola munching vegan establishments to avoid being "offended". And you made a choice to be vegetarian, that little boy did not chose to be born "special".

"Arguing on the internet is like being a vegetarian, even if you win you are........." Anyone got any good conclusions? Granola munching potato head comes immediately to mind here combined with a picture of a 60's hippy dope smoking vegan. Offended yet?

As for fixed elections , they end the spectre of govts dragging the agony of being lame duck, low populaity etc into a fifth year, like Trudeau did in 1984, and Mulroney in 1993, prior to going down in flames. On the other hand they end the possibility of calling an election at the three year point as fiberal Chretien did in 2000 when there was no unified opposition to his reign. The advantages outweigh the negatives. A minority govt still will be defeated if they fail a vote of confidence and an election called regardless of the timeline.

Comment

[QUOTE=a78jumperAs for fixed elections , they end the spectre of govts dragging the agony of being lame duck, low populaity etc into a fifth year, like Trudeau did in 1984, and Mulroney in 1993, prior to going down in flames. On the other hand they end the possibility of calling an election at the three year point as fiberal Chretien did in 2000 when there was no unified opposition to his reign. The advantages outweigh the negatives. A minority govt still will be defeated if they fail a vote of confidence and an election called regardless of the timeline.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Canada is a Parlimentry Goverment, not a House of Representitives. We cant take that style of polotics and incorperate it with what we and other countrys use.
            -Kevin

Comment

Ontario has gone to elections every four years for all but minority governments and the system seems to be working so far.

Comment

Cam I don't belive in God anymore and Steven Harper is no-where near "God-like".

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                  Cam I don't belive in God anymore and Steven Harper is no-where near "God-like".
                  Exactly, I think its time to trim the shrub.
                  -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                    Exactly, I think its time to trim the shrub.
                    was that huge-ass font really necessary?

Comment

Harper = God-like... haha... whatever.

The only good thing going for the Conservatives is the fact the Liberal party is worn out and lacking a vision and fresh ideas... once they find themselves a decent leader and iron out a new platform, they should once again be a force in Canadian politics.

Harper and co are still backwoods social conservatives living under the moderate banner... it won't take long before the ignorance begins to pour out.
                      My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by A332
                        Harper = God-like... haha... whatever.

The only good thing going for the Conservatives is the fact the Liberal party is worn out and lacking a vision and fresh ideas... once they find themselves a decent leader and iron out a new platform, they should once again be a force in Canadian politics.

Harper and co are still backwoods social conservatives living under the moderate banner... it won't take long before the ignorance begins to pour out.
                        Real life examples...or are these just your opinions?
                        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                          Real life examples...
                          Cheryl Gallant... 'nuff said.

At any rate, I love how an east coaster is supposedly living in some kind of 'Conservative Utopia'... when so much of the population out there has enjoyed all of the government handouts through the Liberals over the past 13 years...

You're definitely a prime candidate to move somewhere small in Southern Alberta... must feel weird to be surrounded by people who sit back on EI and then complain about us 'rich Albertans'...
                          My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

True, but picking on a group that through no fault of their own are mentally challanged is about as low as one can go. Do you supposed that little boy is happy that he is being ridiculed as a "poster child" for someone's smart ass comments? Mental illness and deficiency is not something most people have any control over. You on the other hand can frequent only granola munching vegan establishments to avoid being "offended". And you made a choice to be vegetarian, that little boy did not chose to be born "special".
                            Bad analogy, I'm sorry. How about this one: I was born with six toes. It cannot be amputated and I dread taking off my shoes because I take in hell for it by the way of jokes, lewd insults, and sarcastic remarks. Trust me, I didn't choose to get an extra toe. But I don't take such insults to heart because they're not worth my time or effort. I feel for the developmentally challenged in this world, but everyone has problems and hardships. Sugarcoating every little thing in this world is not the way to do anything. If you have a relative or friend that has a mental illness, I sincerely apologize and understand because a close friend has a retarded sibling and it breaks my heart to see her suffer.

"Arguing on the internet is like being a vegetarian, even if you win you are........." Anyone got any good conclusions? Granola munching potato head comes immediately to mind here combined with a picture of a 60's hippy dope smoking vegan. Offended yet?
                            No, actually, not at all. It is the internet. And your stereotypes are your business. If you think I'm a granola munching potatohead, then so be it. That really isn't my problem. I'd appreciate the opportunity to prove you otherwise, but you don't have to take up on it. And granola is good! There was a time when that would have made my blood boil. But I've learnt to stop taking everything to heart and whining about it. Yea, I have six toes, yea, I'm a little overweight (trying to lose it though!) and yea, I'm vegetarian. If there is anything wrong with it, I don't see it.

As for fixed elections , they end the spectre of govts dragging the agony of being lame duck, low populaity etc into a fifth year, like Trudeau did in 1984, and Mulroney in 1993, prior to going down in flames. On the other hand they end the possibility of calling an election at the three year point as fiberal Chretien did in 2000 when there was no unified opposition to his reign. The advantages outweigh the negatives. A minority govt still will be defeated if they fail a vote of confidence and an election called regardless of the timeline.

Spot on! While fixed elections may be less complicated, the benefit of having flexible elections far outweighs that complication.

I'm really sorry for taking a long time to respond. I went to the beach (where I did in fact get a few remarks about my toe) and lazed around for a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X