Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven Harper is God like - Come ye hither Canadians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Harper is God like - Come ye hither Canadians!

Well, maybe not GOD in person but close to it.

I was chatting with Kevin (aka AC Man) and he told me he was Liberal, so I have to help him out. Kind of like a 12 step program.

The current plans that the Harper government are implementing are putting Canada back in a good direction.

1) Better relations with the US. 80% of trade still happens with the US, so a lot of Canadian jobs are on the line.

2) When the Liberals re-signed NAFTA in the early 90's (after bitching about it for years) they ACTUALLY weaken our stance with regards to protecting Canadian rights and interests.

3) Set election dates are a GOOD thing. I've always wanted this. It keeps government from just calling an election whenever they want, or when the polls are in their favour. Some call this American like, but this puts in place set dates and gives government a solid base to make and implement policy. Rather than consistently being worried about being taken out of power, or trying to get a majority. The government can still fall on a confidence vote.

3) The state of the country when the Liberals were in power was good, but they had been in power TOO LONG. The closet needed to be cleaned out.

4) Paul Martin was a good finance minister, but a bad Prime Minister. He was afraid to make a decision, and was too concerned with making the polls happy. Not good governing.

Take it away Kev-o!!! Muahahahahaha!
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

ahhhh oh shit here we go lol...

I have to say the Liberals sucked ass for the past while with Chretien who gave them a bad name.

1) Then this sponserhsip scandal, where the majority of the Canadians think its the Liberals messing with tax money, when really its the company. But yes... Liberals should have tracked where this cash went.

2) Liberals had a surplus of 4 something million dollars before the boot came.

If I was the PM, heres what Id do...
    • Partition the gas tax incentive so that more goes to the highways, without rasing the gas price, infact lowering it.
    • Tax the fuck out of tobaco, urges more to quit
    • Create buildings for drug users to practice safe heroin use so needles dont end up in the gutter
    • Create a toll section of the Trans-Can for each provence
    • Better Anglo-French relationship in Canada
    • Gun Registry
    • More monies to cops
    • Lower Nav-Can fees
    • Tax people with older vehicles, urges less polution
    • Tax polution output by the tonne for big corperations
    • No oil exports to the US of A
    • No Lumber exports to the US of A

More to come
    -Kevin

Comment

I hate the idea of fixed election dates.
      In the US, with four year terms, they have two years of governing and two years of campaigning.

Keep the politicians on their toes. Ya never know when we Canadians will pop an election on your ass.

Comment

Partition the gas tax incentive so that more goes to the highways, without rasing the gas price, infact lowering it. <- good idea

Tax the fuck out of tobaco, urges more to quit <- eh, alright

Create buildings for drug users to practice safe heroin use so needles dont end up in the gutter <- thats just asking for people to abuse the system, why not create better rehab programs?

Create a toll section of the Trans-Can for each provence <- Why? what would this accomplish other them making a hell of a lot of people mutinious?

Better Anglo-French relationship in Canada <- good idea.

Gun Registry <- good idea to a certin extent.

More monies to cops <- screw cops, get some better judges.

Lower Nav-Can fees <-w00t!

Tax people with older vehicles, urges less polution <- ummmmmm... how about tax incentices encouraging them to buy new ones, taking their money will make it harder for a lot of people to buy new vehicles

Tax polution output by the tonne for big corperations <- good idea

No oil exports to the US of A <- you seem pretty Anti-USA, dont be anti-USA, be anti-Bush.

No Lumber exports to the US of A <- again, your seeming pretty Anti-USA

More to come <- please, no, I've had enough punishment for one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
          Tax people with older vehicles, urges less polution <- ummmmmm... how about tax incentices encouraging them to buy new ones, taking their money will make it harder for a lot of people to buy new vehicles
          Nah, how about tax incentives to ditch older vehicles and NOT buy a new one?

No oil exports to the US of A <- you seem pretty Anti-USA, dont be anti-USA, be anti-Bush.
          Well... it could be amusing to see what kind of chaos this will cause down there

Our lumber industry would not survive without exporting... but damnmit, give us back our remaining 22% of ILLEGALLY collected tariff!

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
            Nah, how about tax incentives to ditch older vehicles and NOT buy a new one?
            even better. city governments might look into getting the public transit systems up th snuff with the major european ones.

Well... it could be amusing to see what kind of chaos this will cause down there
            hahaha

Our lumber industry would not survive without exporting... but damnmit, give us back our remaining 22% of ILLEGALLY collected tariff!
            yup.

Comment

Well some may think im crazy, but having buildings where junkies can come in and shoot up is accually a good idea and works. They tried it in Europe someware (I forget) but it works because you dont have to worry about needles litering the streets or someplace else where people can get injured. Then, keeping the junkies inside so the high doesnt cause any damage or instability. But not only that, but have this in a rehab center, so junkies have the ability to talk about it and get help.

Taxing Cars that are over 10 years and are in-efficent makes sense because it urges people to buy cleaner cars, then a incentive where you get l;ess tax depending on the model.

As for the no oil exports, the US is trying, errr "trying" to depend less on foreign oil imports.
              -Kevin

Comment

even better. city governments might look into getting the public transit systems up th snuff with the major european ones.
                From my experience with public transit systems in major Canadian cities, they are much better than the public transit systems in most US cities!!! Most US cities and the majority of the US population is of the mentality that private auto is the ONLY way to travel!!! Burn more of the valuable oil resources, put more pollution into the air, create even more highway congestion!!!!
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I have waited so long to post this, so here goes!

Comment

Right, except we're supposed to say "developmentally challenged" now... lol

Comment

I am sure drastic steps such as these would get the attention of Bush, but unfortunately with the Bush "war monger" mentality the reaction wouldn't be the desired reaction.
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuse
                        I am sure drastic steps such as these would get the attention of Bush, but unfortunately with the Bush "war monger" mentality the reaction wouldn't be the desired reaction.
                        yeah, they'd get his attention, but the reaction probably wouldnt be too benificial for Canada

Comment

One request:

Please don't bring the USof A (or as I like to call it, America) into this. We have nothing to do with Canadians, we just don't like them. (Watch the South Park movie) I know you guys are jealous of the USA, but please, don't be like Mexico, and wait you turn in line for a green card. There is plenty of space in America for all of God's people!"

(sorry, 4 double shots of esspresso and a stupid SAT this morning will make you go crazy!!!!! )

Comment

Partition the gas tax incentive so that more goes to the highways, without rasing the gas price, infact lowering it. <- good idea

but given the provinces are responsible for highways.........

Create buildings for drug users to practice safe heroin use so needles dont end up in the gutter <- thats just asking for people to abuse the system, why not create better rehab programs?

but given the provinces are responsible for admin of health programs....the feds have very little to do with it besides provide greatly reduced funding....

Create a toll section of the Trans-Can for each provence <- Why? what would this accomplish other them making a hell of a lot of people mutinious?

again a provincial AOR.

Gun Registry <- good idea to a certin extent.

we had a system that worked and was inexpensive, til Allen Rock, Anne McLellan et al decided to create a white elephant.....

More monies to cops <- screw cops, get some better judges.

again mainly provicial responsibility.

Lower Nav-Can fees <-w00t!

good luck, those guys have a license to spend all they want and bill accordingly.......

Most vehicles on the road are less than ten years old and fully meet anti pollution standards

Tax polution output by the tonne for big corperations <- good idea

Sure and drive even more business to third world countries who do not give a hoot about the topic...

This would cause Alberta to separate overnight. What a throughly bizarre thing to suggest.

Again bizarre, how many people do you want to put out of work in BC????

More to come <- please, no, I've had enough punishment for one day.
                            Typical knee jerk reaction to complex problems.

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                            One request:

Please don't bring the USof A (or as I like to call it, America) into this. We have nothing to do with Canadians, we just don't like them. (Watch the South Park movie) I know you guys are jealous of the USA, but please, don't be like Mexico, and wait you turn in line for a green card. There is plenty of space in America for all of God's people!"

(sorry, 4 double shots of esspresso and a stupid SAT this morning will make you go crazy!!!!! )
                            You are having a difficult day. Y'all do like our oil!!!

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                              One request:

I dont know about any other Canadians on this forum, but I sure as hell took ofence to that.

People, im niot "Anti-American" when I said no oil or soft wood lumber exports. Why did I say no?

Oil: America is "trying" to be less dependant on foreighn, non-American drilled and refined oil, instead sucking from other countries supply. Therefore, if they are trying, Ill help, by not exporting Oil.

Lumber: They want it, then they dont, well dick us around and eventually, someone will get pissed and say no.
                              -Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X