Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Terrorist Plot foiled in Canadia ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Terrorist Plot foiled in Canadia ;)

View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health at CNN.com.

TORONTO, Ontario (CNN) -- Canadian police on Saturday said they have prevented a major al Qaeda-inspired terror plot to attack targets in southern Ontario.

Twelve adults and five young people were arrested, authorities said.

"This group took steps to acquire three tons of ammonium nitrate and other components necessary to create explosive devices," said Royal Canadian Mounted Police Assistant Commissioner Mike McDonell in a statement.

"To put this in context, the 1995 bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City that killed 168 people took one ton of ammonium nitrate.

"Canadian Police" hahaha, RCMP more like it.

Well Im glad to see Canada did something about it, cause terrorist attacks are preventable.
    -Kevin

Comment

Canada finally did something right!!!!

Comment

Please expand....what exactly have we done wrong??? Pretty all encompassing statement of ignorance IMHO.

Three TONS of ammonium nitrate seized, three times the amount used in the OK City bombing.

Comment

I was just joking

Comment

Oaklahoma city only took one ton?! Then...Good Golly Gosh...I'm glad Canada stopped them! Did they do it while riding horses? It looks more dramatic that way.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

It may have been a joke but the fact remains they havent had a major terroist attack gainst them, so when you foil one, maybe the US did something right?
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                It may have been a joke but the fact remains they havent had a major terroist attack gainst them, so when you foil one, maybe the US did something right?
                The US has foiled plenty since 9/11.

Great job Canucks!
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  Oaklahoma city only took one ton?! Then...Good Golly Gosh...I'm glad Canada stopped them! Did they do it while riding horses? It looks more dramatic that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                    No given the four feet of snow up here they did it on snowshoes!

Makes you wonder what the target was-CN Tower, King&Bay at noon hour? Well done to CSIS, the RCMP and all other forces involved. Let's hope they keep those b*stards in jail next week, no bail, and throw away the key if they are found guilty.

Comment

Wow, when I first heard this on the news, I thought these guys were caught trying to come to the USA. Why the hell would they want too "terrorize" Canada? Honestly, 3/4 the people there hate us. I was in Toronto 2 weekends ago, and some people knew we were American (saw our bus) and said "Hey fuck the US, you guys are gay."

I'm not saying all Canada hates us, but this just kinda seems odd.

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
                        Makes you wonder what the target was-CN Tower, King&Bay at noon hour? Well done to CSIS, the RCMP and all other forces involved.
                        There are a number of possible targets in the business district of downtown Toronto where they could have caused major damage and large numbers of casualties, as well as caused chaos to the Canadian economy. I am thankful that this terrible plot was stopped before anything happened.
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuse
                          I am thankful that this terrible plot was stopped before anything happened.
                          Scary part is, they probably have 100 more plots ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                            Scary part is, they probably have 100 more plots ready to go.
                            This is true of other countries as well, in addition to Canada.
                            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                              Wow, when I first heard this on the news, I thought these guys were caught trying to come to the USA. Why the hell would they want too "terrorize" Canada? Honestly, 3/4 the people there hate us. I was in Toronto 2 weekends ago, and some people knew we were American (saw our bus) and said "Hey fuck the US, you guys are gay."

I'm not saying all Canada hates us, but this just kinda seems odd.
                              I think you have GWB to thank for that; the guy does not have a very good image in many parts of the world right now, deserved or not. I would not say 3/4 of the people hate "you" personally, they just dislike US policies, especially what has gone on in Iraq. Also do not forget that Toronto is the Fiberal capital of Canada. You likely would get a better reception in rural Alberta for eg.

Comment

Working...
                              X